Dating: Not just for the carbon isotopes

TerraPrime

Regarding rings - I hate jewelry and basically refuse to wear it. It was always a sore spot with both my ex husbands.

A ring or lack thereof doesn't mean anything

I didn't mean to suggest that it necessarily means anything; just admitting that in my ignorance I had not really thought much about to what extent it might be a cultural thing to where a ring or not...most married American women wear rings pretty consistently if not always, neh?

I might just go do me some cub hunting at a cougar bar called Johnny's Hideaway.

This is just... awesome. :)  I may have to steal this line for a story.  :thumbsup:

I'm feeling pretty badass myself. I just set up three dates via Tinder over the next week. When you're on a roll, you're on a roll!

I was married for 23 years and didn't wear my rings that much.  I've got some big turquoise rings that I like to wear, and some big stones (literally - quartz, chalcedony, etc.) and I don't really dig the traditional type of jewelry.  I like funky, and wedding rings aren't that funky.

Sometimes I wear my wedding ring, other times I don't. I get on jewelry kicks. Sometimes I just like to wear something colorful and/or funky, so on those days I don't wear my wedding rings. Sometimes I even forget them at home if I'm in a hurry. And all this no-wedding-ring action happens while I still love my husband!

Yeah, I wouldn't attach too much importance to whether a woman wears a wedding ring or not.

Brook and I designed our own engagement rings, and they are pretty as fuck so I wear it whenever I leave the house. My recovery has me doing too much stuff that's ring inappropriate when I'm at home so it comes off there.

My design is very much not typical though.

I wore my wedding and engagement rings when I was married. In fact, I still wear them sometimes, just on a different finger. They are pretty rings (sapphire not diamond) and I bought them for myself so why not?

I have a small diamond ring from my boyfriend that was a Valentine's Day gift a couple years ago. I wear it on my right ring finger all the time, except when showering or lifting weights. I've got the tan line and everything.

I guess I just like having something pretty that makes me think of someone who loves me! :)

I almost never wore my previous engagement ring (which I never liked) or wedding ring unless my ex whinged enough that I gave in.

They were both yellow gold when I wear only white and between pregnancies making my fingers swell so they were too small and then eventual weight gain making them too big they barely fit me anyway.

My current engagement ring as kara mentioned I love and wear all the time. It's pretty, it makes me think of her, so I wear it. I don't wear a lot of jewellery though and never any other rings so if I ever had to take it off for long it'd probably start to annoy me and I'd go back to not wearing it again (so hoping that doesn't happen!)

I wear mine pretty much all the time - I take it off at night, in the shower, and sometimes forget to put it back on if I'm just bumming round the house. But I'm used to it now, so it feels weird not having it on.

I chose my ring too. Can't remember if I told this story, but about 18 months ago I dreamed my SO took me to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. As we were heading up to the Hogwarts model, he held out the box containing Hermione's wand, and I knew there was a ring in there. I was too scared to open it, because I was afraid of the next step. Well, here we are, almost a year engaged :laugh: Hermione's wand has vines and leaves on it, and from that dream I knew I wanted a quirky, unique ring. It kind of twists around like a vine, no diamonds or flashiness, and a decent price. Never was one for insisting on lots of money being spent on me.

All that said, I'm not a big fan of jewellery. I only wear a nose stud. I always said I'd lose it, probably not wear it sometimes, and so on, and it did take some getting used to, but yeah, it's a force of habit to wear it now.

So another professor is now writing me on Match and has pronounced me 'pretty cute'.  I guess that's better than not cute at all.  

Another gem offered me something that's 'easy and superficial'.  He doesn't realize that I'm looking for complicated and supernatural.  I need to put that in my profile.

Back when I was on OKC, I had a self-described "sapiosexual" gentleman accuse me of superficiality when I pointed out he was some distance above my maximum specified age range. Hm yeah, cos your motives in hitting on women twenty-five years younger than yourself are doubtless born of the purest and deepest intellect...

OMG.  The guy from three years ago sent me another wall of text.  Let me go get the phone so I can treat you to this verbatim:

Had an epic evening at Colette last night (that's the local swinger's club, fyi) with the woman pictured in those previous texts I sent.  Almost everything your dirtly little mind could think of happened.   Unfortunately, she is only on loan...(elipsis his) If you would have just told me to shut the fuck up instead of running away, I swear I would have been perfect for you at the time.   Oh well.  Too bad.

Three dates.  Three YEARS AGO.

After that third date he ended up using some information he got from a mutual friend combined with information from my OKCupid profile to stir up a whole bunch of shit.  In addition, he started crazy texting like this before I found out about the gossip issue.  

Gee, wonder why I didn't want to continue to date him.  I've been getting messages like this at random every month or two at around midnight.  I also get a wall of text every time I reopen my OKC profile.

I texted him to stop contacting me.  OF COURSE he responded.

Chats, I have been out of dating for a long time but even I figured out what Mr. Easy and Superficial was after. He was not very subtle. He told me he he was sorry if he rubbed me the wrong way but that he could rub the right way. I was both horrified and repelled by this little bit of info., which I am also pretty sure is not true.

I would, however, like to introduce him to Lily's stalker.

Ok the lactation story:

I knew that the girl I was going to see in Milwaukee had an 18-month old. What I didn't know what that the kid is still breastfeeding. On my second night, we were engaged in the act, with her on top. I guess I forgot the situation because I squeezed a boob too hard, and got breast milk dribbled on my chest as a result. Not my finest moment.

OMG.  The guy from three years ago sent me another wall of text.  Let me go get the phone so I can treat you to this verbatim:

Three dates.  Three YEARS AGO.

After that third date he ended up using some information he got from a mutual friend combined with information from my OKCupid profile to stir up a whole bunch of shit.  In addition, he started crazy texting like this before I found out about the gossip issue.  

Gee, wonder why I didn't want to continue to date him.  I've been getting messages like this at random every month or two at around midnight.  I also get a wall of text every time I reopen my OKC profile.

I texted him to stop contacting me.  OF COURSE he responded.

Wow... Have you thought about changing your number and blocking him on OKCupid? I'm not sure if the amusement factor is worth the crazy vibes this guy puts off.

Archived