Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, 666

JonCon's Red Beard

He is kinda hypocritical over it though. Littlefinger: ''So you chose war for Stannis instead of peace with the Lannisters?'' Ned: ''Stannis is the true heir, no ifs and buts.''

He had no problem pushing for war. And smallfolk suffer the most in that time, especially children.

It only leads to war because Littlefinger, Varys, Renly, Tywin, and Cersei are all assholes actively causing chaos for the realm. It's not Ned's fault that so many people are working to destabilize the realm. 

Just in passing, I never trust anything Littlefinger says. Like, why is it only those two options? War and Stannis or Peace and Lannisters? Remember Tywin is conducting a war of attrition against house Tully and Renly is declaring himself King no matter what goes down. So I don't see how Ned is a hypocrite.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL HARRY STRICKLAND AND HIS ELEPHANTS ARE AMAZEBALLS!!

[spoiler]
Also, Arianne meeting JonCon will. be. fucking. epic.

For all the people claiming she's a airhead or stupid... let me tell you that, besides Kevan Lannister, she's the only one who has figured out Griff and even his motivations :dunno:

Not even you people get Griff!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I agree! This is how "travelogue" chapters should be. I feel the suspense building! Can't wait for Arianne III! [/spoiler]

Question for the thread: who do you guys think will initiate the Dance 2.0? Dany or Aegon?

I think Dany will be the first to attack Aegon's forces but only because he'll claim the throne with Arianne as his queen, pretty much closing the door to Dany. Perhaps he'll "insult" her by offering her some minor place in his kingdom. Like, "Hey, I know you're this big queen over in Essos and you got three dragons but if you come here, you can live in my pool house."

Question for the thread: who do you guys think will initiate the Dance 2.0? Dany or Aegon?

I think Dany will be the first to attack Aegon's forces but only because he'll claim the throne with Arianne as his queen, pretty much closing the door to Dany. Perhaps he'll "insult" her by offering her some minor place in his kingdom. Like, "Hey, I know you're this big queen over in Essos and you got three dragons but if you come here, you can live in my pool house."

I think Team Aegon will attack first, specifically the Dornish side. Like, Dany lands in Dorne to deliver Quentyn's ashes, but the Martells are already biased against her and they get hostile and suddenly the whole thing turns into the Conquest of Dorne 2.0., and Dany goes full Angry Targ on Dorne, and then Arianne convinces Aegon to treat Dany as an enemy.

Something like that.

Some of my diry secrets:

1. I have a crash on Ser Jorah <3

2. I had a dream about Nikolaj Coster-Waldau moving in to the flat next to mine and ..., which made me actually start watching the show recently :)

3. There are a lot of things people in this forum talk about, that i totally don't get. Like the elephants mentioned above. Also characters that i don't even remember reading about suddenly appear every body else's favourites.

4. In regards to 3., i am sure if i reread i will fill all the gaps i now have, but i actually don't want to reread, idk why.

5. I don't like Stannis, not that i hate him, but i never really cared about this guy apart form wondering if he is going to die any time soon.

6. I am still happy every time Sansa suffers, although "she's changed".

7. I am too lazy to capitalize the "i " :)

You crashed into Ser Jorah?

That must've been awkward, the guys got a plane to Kings Landing to catch

did i misspell again? Well, sorry, i correct myself immediately: I have a crUsh on Ser Jorah. Is that better? :)

I think the real dancing begins when Illyrio betrays Daenerys for blood, Tyrion betrays Daenerys for gold and Aegon betrays her for love.

3. There are a lot of things people in this forum talk about, that i totally don't get. Like the elephants mentioned above. Also characters that i don't even remember reading about suddenly appear every body else's favourites.

:lol:

The GC has elephants and Harry Strickland (how can you forget him? He's their captain who Griff hates :lol: ) has a thing for them.

In Arianne II, the one chapter GRRM has recently read

[spoiler]

Arianne is fishing for some info with some of the guys of the GC and one of them was telling her some tales. Among those, he said one guy once ran away with his favourite elephant.

[/spoiler]

I think the real dancing begins when Illyrio betrays Daenerys for blood, Tyrion betrays Daenerys for gold and Aegon betrays her for love.

^^^ NO WAY!!! She and fAegon are not lovers

I don't think Illyrio has either betrayed Dany or intends to do so (albeit, he seems to have viewed her as being expendable, to begin with).  For him, the ideal would be for Dany to marry Aegon, and thus unite both branches of House Targaryen (assuming that Aegon is accepted as real).  Dany herself is genuinely grateful to Illyrio for his help, which is why she rejects the Tattered Prince's request for her help to gain Pentos.

Arianne digs them Valyrian looks, and Aegon, well, he's going to dig Arianne.

You definitely need to read Arianne II...

minor spoiler,

[spoiler]

She saw Lysono Maar and was all "wtf is this strange creature!?? Viserys looked like this? Thank the Gods he's dead!"

[/spoiler]

Archived