Football 4-3 International break is finally over!

baxus

Rooney out again vs PSV, the first injuries of the season are coming early, and it won't be the last.
Fortunately this was something that could be foreseen based on many previous seasons of the exact same thing happening, and we've strengthened our attack accordingly.

Should be an interesting game btw tomorrow. PSV actually looks none the worse for wear after Depay left because they've gone out and bought a very good replacement.

Dimitri Payet is just a total fucking boss.

I wonder if he keeps up this form whether the French national side will continue to leave him out as punishment for leaving the mighty OM for lowly West Ham?

The new Abou Diaby award goes to Jack Wilshere who is having surgery yet again to add a rod to his fibula. Expected recovery time is through Christmas. He joins Welbeck and Rosicky with long term injuries. 

Such a waste. So much ability but he'll never be healthy enough to realize it. He should be sold to MLS.

I read that as well about Wilshere. Unbelievable how much time he spends off the pitch.

It's easy to say at this point that he will never get better to perform on a consistent level, but you just never know, people do come back from repeat injuries to stay fit for a year or two. Look at Robben. They called him the Glass Man, but the last 3 years he's stayed on the pitch a fair amount and done amazing things. Admittedly he is out four weeks again as we speak and spent a good deal of last season injured as well.

Of course far more likely is that these injury worries sustain themselves throughout his career. Majority of players who are injured so frequently do not seem to recover.

As for Rosicky, seems like he spends a few months of every season on the treatment table as well. Wenger really needs to consider letting players like this go and strengthen the squad IMO.

As for Rosicky, seems like he spends a few months of every season on the treatment table as well. Wenger really needs to consider letting players like this go and strengthen the squad IMO.

Agreed. Love Rosicky, like Wilshere's talent and love of Arsenal, but I'd rather have durable players who could be selected than players injured every season for extended periods of time.

I read that as well about Wilshere. Unbelievable how much time he spends off the pitch.
It's easy to say at this point that he will never get better to perform on a consistent level, but you just never know, people do come back from repeat injuries to stay fit for a year or two. Look at Robben. They called him the Glass Man, but the last 3 years he's stayed on the pitch a fair amount and done amazing things. Admittedly he is out four weeks again as we speak and spent a good deal of last season injured as well.

Of course far more likely is that these injury worries sustain themselves throughout his career. Majority of players who are injured so frequently do not seem to recover.

The question is: who will buy a player who is perpetually-injured, and why would any perpetually-injured player agree to early contract termination? Might as well keep them on the books if it will cost you the same to ship them off.

The question is: who will buy a player who is perpetually-injured, and why would any perpetually-injured player agree to early contract termination? Might as well keep them on the books if it will cost you the same to ship them off.

Cause he's English and hyped. 

Two big things to note coming out of the line ups for today's CL's games.

1. Martial starting for United. Interested to see how he does with a full run out.

2. Aguero, with his knee injury, made the bench against Juventus. Good for City if he's fit enough to make the squad.

Missed most of the game because of dickhead internet but  :bang: .

That lack of creating chances is getting to be more and more of a concern. And the fucking ridiculous set-pieces we've been taking don't help - after that nonsense at the end where Memphis clearly wasn't even expecting the ball I want Mata exiled to Siberia.

United didn't look very good short of a really nice play from Memphis for the goal and another great play from Schweinsteiger to Mata that Mata totally fucked up. The loss of Shaw sucks and I feel for him, having gone through Ramsey/Eduardo injuries similar in nature. Martial was pretty invisible this time.

Also looks like City lost at home to Juventus on a beautiful Morata strike. City in Europe never seems to work out and I can never understand why.

Archived