South Park Season 19

Joe Pesci

Finally got around to seeing the episode.

Funnily enough, despite Barbrady's stupidity and incompetence, he's probably the best police officer in the town. He doesn't want to resort of violence and actually tries to talk the kids down at the end.

There was also some commentary about society blaming cops for doing what societies asking the cops to do. Sure the cops overreacted to a girl talking out of turn at a school assembly, but they did because PC Principle called them. Barbrady only approached the kids with a gun drawn because the Mayor and Randy told him to.

At the same time, a lot of the cops are racist assholes who are only in it to beat up minorities.

I think my favourite so far is the ISIS episode. Cartman [after realising he had abducted Clyde and not Kyle]: "And I am Token. Why do I do these things you ask? Black rage."

And later: "Ninjas hate Jews. I was made for this, you guys."

But this was a pretty good one too. Loved the Turing Test.

Best South Park i've seen in ages, and it didn't even have Cartman or Butters.  Close to the bone how Mr Garrison's "fuck all those Syrian refugees" speech is exactly the sentiment in the civilized world this week.

I only just realised it didn't feature the main kids or cartman at all and it was still excellent. Garrison's remarks show the beauty of them making episodes on a weekly basis as they were easily able to respond to current events (although this was Garrision's catchphrase from the start of the season.

When Butter's dad described surfing the web, I knew I was in for a fantastic episode.

One of the best satirical moments the show has had. It's so true.  And it builds into the season narrative perfectly.

The season continues to get better and better.  

After last week we all knew that there was a big conspiracy of some kind, but I was in no way expecting what it actually turned out to be.

Excellent season.

I certainly wasn't expecting it to be some weird sentient ad storyline but again it works so well with everything that happens. It's also a bit like the creators are saying some of the crappy things that occur aren't necessarily the machinations of a secret society but simply the evolution of consumerism.

PC Principal has to be one of the best new characters in a long time. I really hope he stays because as much of a jerk as he is, he seems to genuinely believe in it all (note his frustrations with the "pussy crushers"). Bit of a mind fuck to see his reaction to realising he's an advert though

Jimmy yelling "Suck my dick PC Principal!" took the cake. I'm really enjoying how well they are making the continuing storyline work.

PC Principal has to be one of the best new characters in a long time. I really hope he stays because as much of a jerk as he is, he seems to genuinely believe in it all (note his frustrations with the "pussy crushers"). Bit of a mind fuck to see his reaction to realising he's an advert though

Watching him get flustered by Jimmy was hilarious. Agreed he is probably my favorite new character.

Archived