Vikings VIII: 20 episodes under the sea [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

Is it just me, or is the Age of Charlemagne expansion kinda crap?

I haven't played it long enough to decide, because I got hooked on another game. It does seem more limited than the main campaign in about every aspect, but I like some of the factions.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about anyone else but that looked pretty great to me

If the actual season is as good as this trailer, I'll put on some Wardruna music and go and dance naked in the streets. This just shows you how good this show can be if Hirst gets his shit together and returns his focus to stuff that actually works (i.e. Vikings all day, every day, with minimal time spent on superfluous courtier bullshit).

You are on a roll there buddy :D That's the second awesome trailer with badass Vikings in it you shared with us this week ;) 

I think Bjorn is the best part about that trailer. He (cant recall the actors name and i'm too lazy to look it up) really showed some great potential at the end of last season, and these trailers seem to point to him continuing to develop on that. Fingers crossed!

Least favourite part - Ecbert. More Wessex, though i guess it was inevitable. Who knows, maybe Wessex will improve this year...not optimistic on that front though

I only watched a few episodes of season 3.  I assume since you guys are posting in here, this show is still decent?  Would you recommend finishing season 3?  

Watch episode eight, because it was actually good. Skip around for the battle scenes in nine. Watch ten so you know where everyone left off. Pray that next season, the overall quality is closer to episode eight than to the rest of the previous season :) 

I loved season 3 but strangely didnt fully rewatch it (and I've seen the first two at least three times entirely) except for some key moments and scenes. 

But even then, it was a very good season 3 but in the end it will probably be considered more as a "transition" one to what should be an excellent season 4 !

I think Bjorn is the best part about that trailer. He (cant recall the actors name and i'm too lazy to look it up) really showed some great potential at the end of last season, and these trailers seem to point to him continuing to develop on that. Fingers crossed!

Least favourite part - Ecbert. More Wessex, though i guess it was inevitable. Who knows, maybe Wessex will improve this year...not optimistic on that front though

I agree. To hell with posterity. We're Vikings. Let's just raid and kill. I'm a bit weary of another Ragnar v. Rollo storyline. I'm really interested in Lagertha getting back Kattegat. I'm hoping this season has as much action as is being hinted at in the trailer.

I only watched a few episodes of season 3.  I assume since you guys are posting in here, this show is still decent?  Would you recommend finishing season 3?  

Ignore the naysayers. Season 3 was still a lot of fun. It's Hirst so you know there will be some "dafuq?" moments. Season 2 is still the best, but 3 was a lot of fun. Especially the final episodes.

If the actual season is as good as this trailer, I'll put on some Wardruna music and go and dance naked in the streets. This just shows you how good this show can be if Hirst gets his shit together and returns his focus to stuff that actually works (i.e. Vikings all day, every day, with minimal time spent on superfluous courtier bullshit).

You know that now we're expecting video evidence of this if it happens?

The Wessex/Mercia/Paris court intrigues is obviously not going away this season and will probably take up their fair share of the runtime. We can just hope that they improve over last year. I think Rollo will be good for the Paris portions though.

Archived