Flat Earth theory gaining converts???

Ser Scot A Ellison

I just can't understand how Flat Earther even explain away stuff like gravity or centrifugal force, those are fairly fundamental aspects of how our planet behaves and it'd be hard to ignore them based on their "model" of the earth. These two things wouldn't allow for the stable formation of a flat disc of the mass and size of the Earth, it would collapse under it's own weight and the forces at play.

Heck even really basic junior school level knowledge of volcanoes and plate tectonics would surely disprove their ideas. Where does magma come from if the earth is flat? Does it just come from some massive hidden reservoir on the B-side of Earth? And if the is a B-side (which there must be since we are in a 3D universe) why has nobody ever gone there?

13 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

I just can't understand how Flat Earther even explain away stuff like gravity or centrifugal force, those are fairly fundamental aspects of how our planet behaves and it'd be hard to ignore them based on their "model" of the earth. These two things wouldn't allow for the stable formation of a flat disc of the mass and size of the Earth, it would collapse under it's own weight and the forces at play.

Heck even really basic junior school level knowledge of volcanoes and plate tectonics would surely disprove their ideas. Where does magma come from if the earth is flat? Does it just come from some massive hidden reservoir on the B-side of Earth? And if the is a B-side (which there must be since we are in a 3D universe) why has nobody ever gone there?

A lot of them don't think gravity exists as explained by modern science. Gravity isn't a property of mass, it's a side effect of the disc moving upwards. At least that's the most common explanation I recall getting. No idea how they explain the other issues though, but then these are people who explain how it can be night time in some places but not in other by claiming the sun acts like a spotlight. Which doesn't explain a damn thing.

Okay, there is one thing I am wondering about all of this. Not the fact that they think the earth is flat, but the fact that they think the government would lie about the shape of the earth. Why would the government lie about that? What purpose? Do the members of the government each get a dollar every time somebody says "the earth is round"? Do they all sit around in a room and giggle every time someone thinks the earth is round? Do flat earthers think this is all just some prank "for teh lulz"?

5 minutes ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Okay, there is one thing I am wondering about all of this. Not the fact that they think the earth is flat, but the fact that they think the government would lie about the shape of the earth. Why would the government lie about that? What purpose? Do the members of the government each get a dollar every time somebody says "the earth is round"? Do they all sit around in a room and giggle every time someone thinks the earth is round? Do flat earthers think this is all just some prank "for teh lulz"?

Not just the government, all the governments. It's the one thing in history they all came together to agree on. 

Just now, RumHam said:

Not just the government, all the governments. It's the one thing in history they all came together to agree on. 

BUT WHY! WHY WOULD THEY ALL WANT TO LIE ABOUT THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH! WHAT DOES THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING AND WHY IS IT WORTH LYING ABOUT!

1 hour ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

BUT WHY! WHY WOULD THEY ALL WANT TO LIE ABOUT THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH! WHAT DOES THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING AND WHY IS IT WORTH LYING ABOUT!

Obviously, when you toss some poor soul over the edge, you want to say, with a straight face, 'I can't imagine where he is now.'

Some people will insist on a contrary opinion to just about **anything**.  They just want to be contrary.  Then they will invent some wild-ass theory to back themselves up.   When the sun rises in the east, I'm sure some fool is insisting that it's not really the sun, but a burning jet trail from some alien ass-raper coming to get them. 

5 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Hey did you know that moon's a hologram?

That's just a red herring to cover the actual truth that the moon is hollow and an artificial construct, it is where the Reptilian aliens live to watch over all of us.

16 hours ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Because they all have their lavish private islands around the Circumfence that they need to hide from everybody else. Also, they want to stop people getting too nosey and peeking over the edge to see what sex A'Tuin is.

On 03/02/2016 at 11:00 PM, Tijgy said:

How do they actually explain you can go from Europe to Asia to America and to Europe again and always go in 1 direction (with an airplane ;-) )

If the earth was flat, this would not be possible no? 

But how do you KNOW! you are always going in one direction? Dun dun dunnnnn.

I think real problem with these sorts of idiots is that no mater what proof you show them, or how much experimental evidence you show them they will just find a way to discredit it.

Photos from space - all faked, NASA fakes it all as part of the conspiracy.

Flying in a plane - the pilot is in on the conspiracy and you didn't fly where you thought you did.

Shadow of the earth on the moon - this only proves the earth is a circular disk, but not a sphere.

Pendulums showing the earth rotates - this is based on an incorrect idea of how gravity works.

It just makes you feel dirty thinking about how utterly idiotic these people are. The ignorance you have to have to truthfully believe this nonsense is staggering. I mean, hell they actually think gravity doesn't exist and what we experience is just the disc we are on rushing up towards us......:huh:

I'm still astounded they really exist in this day and age.

Archived