TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎18 at 8:54 PM, ab aeterno said:

:commie: Y'all got on this thread for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another thread, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can rule people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. :commie:

Yessir, Captain tight pants.

Good morning thread! I'm having some issues posting and quoting... Anywho, we had a huge snowfall the night to yesterday, which is pretty and all but the whole city were locked down basically. For these kind of days I wish we had Snowdays, but nah, had to go to work. Took me 2,5 hours. My street has still not been plowed >___>

Oh, good luck Bucky! You got this :commie:

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

They said the lady is sick and they will call again, so it is supposed to be only postponed. I do not know what to think of it, but it has crossed my mind that they do not want to call, yes.

Though why they would have invited me in that case is beyond me. :dunno:

well in that case they still want you,  its just they don't  fully know it yet.   and yes often there is just one person who does interviews and no-one to take over, so if they are out sick then they are sick.   Nothing to worry about.   If you don't here anything in a couple of days cal them up and enquire.   at worst it shows your keen and interested.

17 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

well in that case they still want you,  its just they don't  fully know it yet.   and yes often there is just one person who does interviews and no-one to take over, so if they are out sick then they are sick.   Nothing to worry about.   If you don't here anything in a couple of days cal them up and enquire.   at worst it shows your keen and interested.

From my perspective, I just feel like I am being intruding. :blushing:

Thank you, E. :) I know I got this, the defense is really the less stressing thing about this. :P Yes, I know I am weird.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

From my perspective, I just feel like I am being intruding. :blushing:

Your not intruding.   Your not phone a private number.  You are not contacting a sick person.

You are phoning a business address.  If the person you are phoning is still out sick then someone else will answer the phone.

You are showing initiavite.  You are showing that you are keen and interested.  You are not displaying a lazie fairy can't be bothered attitude.   You have shown a little patience by giving them a couple of days, but not letting things slide.  It an indication of a good work effort.  and reminds them that you still exsist.

No harm will come of contacting them.     but not contacting them could mean they just give the job and interview to that other person who does without bothering with those people who did not phone them up.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

They said the lady is sick and they will call again, so it is supposed to be only postponed. I do not know what to think of it, but it has crossed my mind that they do not want to call, yes.

Though why they would have invited me in that case is beyond me. :dunno:

Is it a small company? It seems unusual to only have one person doing interviews.

9 hours ago, Eyron said:

Yessir, Captain tight pants.

Good morning thread! I'm having some issues posting and quoting... Anywho, we had a huge snowfall the night to yesterday, which is pretty and all but the whole city were locked down basically. For these kind of days I wish we had Snowdays, but nah, had to go to work. Took me 2,5 hours. My street has still not been plowed >___>

Oh, good luck Bucky! You got this :commie:

Snow is just the worst. It was cold here today. Too cold. 

9 hours ago, Pebbles said:

Your not intruding.   Your not phone a private number.  You are not contacting a sick person.

You are phoning a business address.  If the person you are phoning is still out sick then someone else will answer the phone.

You are showing initiavite.  You are showing that you are keen and interested.  You are not displaying a lazie fairy can't be bothered attitude.   You have shown a little patience by giving them a couple of days, but not letting things slide.  It an indication of a good work effort.  and reminds them that you still exsist.

No harm will come of contacting them.     but not contacting them could mean they just give the job and interview to that other person who does without bothering with those people who did not phone them up.

I know all that. I mean, I technically know. I just always feel I am intruding on people, regardless of what I do. I feel I am going to make a fool of myself/that I am intruding/that I am being annoying/things like that. I realise this is my problem, and I work on it. So, yes, no worries, I will phone.

17 minutes ago, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

Keep a close eye on South Africa this year, folks!

Just so you're not surprised once IT starts.

God be with us all.

You still think you're going to have a revolution? I have a better chance of overthrowing TTTNE. :lol:

Race war, my dear ab, a race war.

Unfortunately social media has been both a blessing & a curse for our dear country.

You have politicians, in the ruling party, calling on their members to essentially murder white people. The tension is palpable in some areas & you have a lot of the youth idolizing people like Mugabwe & what he did to europeans. 

You should have seen the reactions to the Paris terrorist attacks. The general reaction was they deserved it, because they're europeans.

It won't make much sense to you, because you guys don't generally get much media coverage of our parts that side.

2 hours ago, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

Unfortunately social media has been both a blessing & a curse for our dear country.

You have politicians, in the ruling party, calling on their members to essentially murder white people. The tension is palpable in some areas & you have a lot of the youth idolizing people like Mugabwe & what he did to europeans. 

You should have seen the reactions to the Paris terrorist attacks. The general reaction was they deserved it, because they're europeans.

It won't make much sense to you, because you guys don't generally get much media coverage of our parts that side.

I suspect it will turn out to be less explosive than you fear.

2 hours ago, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

Of course I do hope that I'm just overreacting to all this.

Yeah, echoing LadyO here, stay safe. And I hope you are just overreacting, as it sounds worrying.

And not to diminish that in anyway, but on a totally lighter and unrelated note; just saw my flat mate on the National Television Awards. claim to fame :lol: (And yes, I was only watching on the off chance we would see her - she was a seat filler)

5 hours ago, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

I remember back when I visited Paris that people were divided about 9/11. Some thought we deserved it and some thought it was a tragedy. I will never understand violence.

Helena - that's so cool! How did she look on television? 

Im hoping one or some of you have heard from KT? And on that note we have been absent a Sniffer too :( 

come back people! 

5 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks felice, Rhae and Lady O (love the picture, but remember to try and avoid posting them, per Ran's request).

How do I go about doing that? Any time I post a link it automatically puts the image in the post. 

Do we just not post links anymore :dunno: 

It's good mindless fun. The Four Lands are more like the Four suburbs; they run about all over the map at the drop of a leaf. I have read some of the books, but long, long ago, and I don't recall enough to tell how faithful they're being to the source. Galavant is better!

Archived