TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Apparently we have pop up notifications and sound notifications. I unticked that in my settings, but still got a ping and a window about FOMN just quoting me. I do not like it.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler boxes look better now though.

You need the Resistance!

1 hour ago, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

Why is everybody quoting Buck for nothing?!?!

Also, oh my! this is gonna be my 4th year on the board. 

Buck was saying how much she loves the new notification system, so she wants us all to quote her as much as possible. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's very nice, I like it!

Mouse update; walked into the kitchen to grab my water from the fridge and Maureen (that's what we named her. Because of course we would) is sat in the middle of the floor. She saw me and scurried off, squeezing into a gap beneath the cupboards. *sigh* Guess I had better buy some stuff while I'm out today. We notified the staff too, since this likely means others in the accommodation will also have mice problems.

Try lightning, or failing that a well placed cat or snake.

Happy birthday First.

Happy Birthday King First :cheers: (sorry I am late} 

And welcome to adulthood. A little sunshine for you:

I must dig my latest issues out of the garage... *grumbles* I feel a reread coming on. 

I was hoping that WoW would be out by now because this means that I will have to skip this season of the show. I'm still a bit surprised that the show has caught up to the books already. But so it has. Not sure how I will avoid it on social media though. 

Random: looks like Y:The last man has been picked up for a tv series on FX. If you haven't read the comics they are fantastic. 

Ya know Quoting Buck while she is not here doesn't really have much effect.

If you really want to be annoying you need to Quote her just after she has seen the last notification,  otherwise she will just see a load all at once, with the overall effect of just one Quote.

However as your Queen and Bucky's friend,  I highly object to you all trying to piss of our favourite flower.

Also IIHRC is it Bucks Defence of the Thesis day today?     Good luck Buck,  I'm sure you don't need it though.

Lady O

I'm gonna be watching the show.  since I doubt winds will be out this year and I know there is no way I will avoid all spoilers.  People in the office will be speaking about it they will even be asking me stuff about it even if I tell them I'm not watching until the next book comes out (hell some of them will deliberately tell me stuff,  wankers) and there is no way to avoid everything on line.     Besides there are enough changes I will never know what is real and what they are making up.     even if winds where out right now, we would still have this problem for next year   Dream is several years away  (and the book that will be inbetween Winds and Dream)

48 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

However as your Queen and Bucky's friend,  I highly object to you all trying to piss of our favourite flower.

Also IIHRC is it Bucks Defence of the Thesis day today?     Good luck Buck,  I'm sure you don't need it though.

When did I overshare that? :o Yes, it is, only in the afternoon. Thank you. :)

It was also supposed to be the day of my first ever job interview, but now it got cancelled. I suppose that makes one thing less to worry about and more time to worry about the defense?

1 hour ago, Lady Olenna said:

Happy Birthday King First :cheers: (sorry I am late} 

Yeah, hope you had a good day 8)

I was hoping that WoW would be out by now because this means that I will have to skip this season of the show. I'm still a bit surprised that the show has caught up to the books already. But so it has. Not sure how I will avoid it on social media though. 

They rushed through two massive books in a single season; that material could easily have been stretched out to two seasons, or even three - though TV audiences probably wouldn't have appreciated such slow progression, and the ageing of the young actors would be even more of a problem. If WoW has been sent to the publishers by the time the this season airs, I'll hold off on watching it; but the next season is going to be out years before the 7th book, and avoiding the show for that long just doesn't seem reasonable. :angry:

Random: looks like Y:The last man has been picked up for a tv series on FX. If you haven't read the comics they are fantastic. 

It's on my list; maybe after I've finished/caught up with Lucifer and Fables.

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

When did I overshare that? :o Yes, it is, only in the afternoon. Thank you. :)

It was also supposed to be the day of my first ever job interview, but now it got cancelled. I suppose that makes one thing less to worry about and more time to worry about the defense?

about a week ago.

If they cancelled that Job interview then trust me, you did not want to work for them anyway.  :nods:   you don't want to work for people that don't instantly recongnise your value.

Good luck for this afternoon, and don't stress about it.  you will be awesome

Just now, Pebbles said:

about a week ago.

If they cancelled that Job interview then trust me, you did not want to work for them anyway.  :nods:   you don't want to work for people that don't instantly recongnise your value.

Good luck for this afternoon, and don't stress about it.  you will be awesome

They said the lady is sick and they will call again, so it is supposed to be only postponed. I do not know what to think of it, but it has crossed my mind that they do not want to call, yes.

Though why they would have invited me in that case is beyond me. :dunno:

Archived