Football: gegenposting

Iskaral Pust

40 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Well, there were a lot of goals, but that was some truly shit football on display.

I'd rather watch a game like that than a sterile, technically faultless 0-0.

And Naismith looks like the signing of the window so far.

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Payet is so good. I'm glad he's no longer injured. 

I just don't understand how he slipped through so many nets last summer. There isn't a team in the league he wouldn't improve, but there didn't even seem to be any competition to get him.

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

I just don't understand how he slipped through so many nets last summer. There isn't a team in the league he wouldn't improve, but there didn't even seem to be any competition to get him.

Same thing with Mahrez. It's amazing the top teams scout so poorly. Stop looking for big names and look for great players.

Difference is, at least Mahrez was a kid from Ligue 2 when Leicester signed him and it took him two seasons to get to where he is this. It's not as if clubs were passing on someone established for no apparent reason. 

Whereas Payet was the most consistently creative player in any of the major leagues in Europe last season. 

I just watched the 'Pool game. After outplaying Utd but losing, we were dogshit for most of today but managed to win. Most of the team played poorly either individually or failing to fit with team mates. Only Firmino, Clyne and Lallana played well individually.

I have a feeling we're like Pochettino's first season at Spurs, but without the luck to unearth a Kane with goals to gloss over the learning curve.

Archived