NFL 2016 Offseaon: free agency freakout

DanteGabriel

8 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So the league scheduled one of the Bengals/Steelers games week 2, during Burfict's suspension. Shocker. :rolleyes:

Considering what happened in that playoff game, and the continuing war of words between the two sides it was probably a good idea to schedule the first game like that. 

I'm surprised the NFL put Steelers v Bengals in week 2 with Burfict out. Let em go at it. The words between both parties doesn't bother me one bit. If anyone has a right to hate that matchup, it's a Steelers fan. That Jabroni crippled 3 of our best players last year. The NFL, lovers of anything that'll give them ratings, surprised me with this one.

As for that Trump shitshow -- yeah, what a bunch of mindless garbage about Penn State. I can assure you that people in Pittsburgh could give two shits less about Penn State unless they went to school there. Trump must think PA is the size of a thumbnail, and it's a ten minute ride to State College. 

On 4/14/2016 at 3:36 PM, sperry said:

I mean, it is ridiculous that Weed is treated like other drugs. But it's even more ridiculous that these guys can't refrain from using a non-addictive drug when their livelihood is on the line.

I've got a bit of experience with addictive drugs, man. Weed is less addictive than soda. You like it 'cause it's fun, but stopping sugar intake has physical symptoms.

On 4/14/2016 at 6:31 PM, James Arryn said:

The Browns can always lose a trade when their return comes in the form of draft picks.

edit: I'm more sceptical because of the value of a ~ qb,  but then it's rare when a qb's value doesn't catch us off guard, the salary works, and the fine print could even it out more.

I think Taylor would be PERRRRFEECCTT!!! in Denver. I love the kid. I also wonder if the 'undisclosed player' might be Demariouys Thomas. Broncs dump his salary, free up space for a Taylor contract, and win 3 ways.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So how has Denver not gone out and gotten a decent starting QB?

Is Elway and the Broncos' D trolling the rest of the NFL by saying, "You thought it was impressive that we won a Superb Owl with Ol' Noodle Arm playing prevent offense? Watch us defend our title with Sanchize McButt-Fumble."

Sanchize is a fucking joke, but the Broncos have the ability to win with anyone who can throw football.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So how has Denver not gone out and gotten a decent starting QB?

Is Elway and the Broncos' D trolling the rest of the NFL by saying, "You thought it was impressive that we won a Superb Owl with Ol' Noodle Arm playing prevent offense? Watch us defend our title with Sanchize McButt-Fumble."

I still think we see a draft day trade.  Clady is gone and there is a weird restructure clause in DT's contract that would free up all the cap space they need.  But... it could be the year of Sanchez.  

18 hours ago, Reny of Storms End said:

Considering what happened in that playoff game, and the continuing war of words between the two sides it was probably a good idea to schedule the first game like that. 

They're just building it up for the SNF game in Cincy, especially if Pittsburgh wins in week 2. 

On 4/15/2016 at 4:02 PM, Red Tiger said:

The LOLs are real!

Anyways, we need a new draft themed thread, and I have no good ideas for a title.

Also, how do you c/p a tweet? Because Le'veon Bell's 4/20 tweet is amazing.

Eagles trade for the 2nd pick with the Browns(and conditional 4th round pick in 2017). Cleveland gets 8th pick, eagles 3rd and 4th round picks, 2017 1st round and 2018 2nd round picks. Huge get for Cleveland as Philly obviously wants a QB...I guess.

Archived