Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

7 hours ago, Gabriele said:

Oh, it did bother me, but since didn't care for the show since season 2 I wasn't surprised to find Yet Another Stupid Deviation from the books. ;)

The Jaime sept scene bothered the shit out of me but i found to me that killing his cousin and having sex with Cersei in the white tower more eggregious 

13 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

GOT has a premier tonight and Michael McElhatton said Roose was unaware Ramsay raped Sansa and that is gonna be a plot point this year  

Why the fuck does everyone on this goddamn show become a moron when Ramsay is involved????

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

The Jaime sept scene bothered the shit out of me but i found to me that killing his cousin and having sex with Cersei in the white tower more eggregious 

Why the fuck does everyone on this goddamn show become a moron when Ramsay is involved????

Because Ramsey-Sue...

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I think the most disgusting about what Dinklage said is that D&D were actually the ones who ignored the girl who was not a major character and who was a victim of sexual human trafficking. 

While GRRM never showed what happened when Jeyne was in LF's hands, he showed the effects of her suffering done by LF (while in the show we only have LF telling a story to Ross about this and he uses it her as a threat - who is getting now the role of Hero of the North????? :ack:). And IMO she shows strength in her own way even with all those things that happened to her. And I personally believe (almost?) everyone does empathize with her. 

But D&D believed the audience would not be able to care about her so they gave her storyline to Sansa because she is the one who "the audience grew to care about all those seasons". 

They let Sansa getting victimized again, they took the most important part away of Theon's redemption (which showed an amazing parallel with the storyline of the character who is one of the most important person in Theon's live even while Theon ignored himself for awhile) and they actually ignored themselves a minor character who actually symbolizes the fact people care only about her because she pretends to be someone else important and who is very real victim of something that IMO is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. 

And now they are complaining that WE don't care about the prostitutes getting killed or whatever Dinklage said (btw I do care about them. The scene where Joffrey hurts those prostitutes, is just horrible. I care about Ross. I care about the girl in LF's storyline. I care about Barra. I care about Craster's women and I do feel sorry for Shae. I do however not care about the destruction of LF's brothel.

Exactly, just 'cause D&D don't care about a girl who is insignificant, doesn't mean the audience will. They're just projecting their own lack of empathy and twisting it into 'you don't want a major character go through that, but wouldn't mind if it was a nobody". You know what D&D "you both know nothing", and George knows best. Each time a thread is asked about the character you feel most sorry for, or most tragic (non literary modern sense) the majority of people mention Jeyne Poole. She isn't a particular likeable character even - just one of those catty girls who acts the sycophant with Sansa to be one of the popular girls and disses Arya. And at the same time you pity her for it, because you know very well why she's so mean to Arya - because Jeyne knows she won't get to marry a lord or prince and gets to rule a castle, and because she believes it isn't fair that Arya will, while Arya doesn't even want it and isn't as ladylike and does not try to look pretty. Jeyne wants to be Arya. She probably dreamed of being Arya. And then in some sick, twisted way she gets what she wished for, but not in any way or form that she hoped. Even before she is wedded to Ramsay, she already knows she doesn't want to be Arya at all. It's a mini-drama that gives the rape, Winterfell, being the bride to the Lord of WF a story all by itself to Jeyne Poole's character.  

20 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

GOT has a premier tonight and Michael McElhatton said Roose was unaware Ramsay raped Sansa and that is gonna be a plot point this year  

:huh: WTF?!!!! No words for that.

11 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

:huh: WTF?!!!! No words for that.

It's amazing I hate Roose but now even I feel bad, he is now second fiddle to his son. Seriously who reads ADWD and comes to the conclusion that Ramsay is a more important character then Roose?

Yeah that Roose not knowing about how awful Ramsay is seems a bit stupid to me. But to then try and pretend like Jaime has an ounce of goodness in him after he throws a young boy out a window for such a selfish reason, and get outraged later on because they didnt portray his sept scene with Cersei right because he has some redemption potential seems laughable to me. He doesnt have any. He's a bad guy plain and simple. Doesnt give a damn for Joffrey, his own son...would rather have a hand. Says so in the books. He crippled a young child in that childs home....after having been served the laws of hospitality. Theres no coming back from that. He's doomed as Walder Frey is.

You guys are caught up in watching redemption arcs for bad people. Ramsay is a bad man, maybe they aught to give him a redemption arc too. Seems like that is what people are clamouring for.

4 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Yeah that Roose not knowing about how awful Ramsay is seems a bit stupid to me. But to then try and pretend like Jaime has an ounce of goodness in him after he throws a young boy out a window for such a selfish reason, and get outraged later on because they didnt portray his sept scene with Cersei right because he has some redemption potential seems laughable to me. He doesnt have any. He's a bad guy plain and simple. Doesnt give a damn for Joffrey, his own son...would rather have a hand. Says so in the books. He crippled a young child in that childs home....after having been served the laws of hospitality. Theres no coming back from that. He's doomed as Walder Frey is.

You guys are caught up in watching redemption arcs for bad people. Ramsay is a bad man, maybe they aught to give him a redemption arc too. Seems like that is what people are clamouring for.

Hey by Westeros standards Jamie is kinda good

2 minutes ago, Mistress of Lemon Cakes said:

Roose not knowing Ramsay was raping his wife, continually, day after day, would just show how utterly ineffectual and oblivious he is.

To be fair this is the guy who went behind his most powerful allies back to marry a girl wanted for regicide to appease Northern Lords who weren't joining Stannis and didn't bother to invite any to the wedding, then let his heir who is married to said wanted girl, take 20 men out into a horrible blizzard for a little sabotage mission when all he had to do was sit behind his walls.

I'm one of those who regards Jaime as having committed villainous acts, and I certainly do not regard him as a man who has atoned himself... he made some hesitating steps in that redemption direction, but not enuogh yet to save himself from the doom he was warned about in a dream. It's possibly even too late. But at least he isn't Bronn's sidekick and Cersei's lapdog anymore. He's one of my favourite POVs to read and he has grown on me, but I still consider him a villain. I do not consider him a monster however, let alone of the level of Ramsay, Vargo Hoat, Joffrey (hey, not even Robert liked Joffrey, and he believed Joffrey was his son), Craster or Gregor Clegane. In that regard he started at the same level of Sandor initially, except the Hound did a turnaround. Anyhow, the scripting regarding Jaime is just wrong. He'd never strangle his cousin like that. And he isn't all goggly-eyed over Cersei anymore. And he used his reputation of being a ruthless monster to avoid actual bloodshed.

Why would Roose care that Ramsay raped Sansa? What ever happened to him being all like "it's her name I need, not her virtue", and Myranda saying that they're basically gonna kill her as soon as they've gotten a few sons out of her? Why is Sansa's wellbeing suddenly so important to him? It's either because Northern lords would be coming to Winterfell (why didn't they turn up for the wedding? Oh yeah, because D&D blew their budget on hundreds of masks you can't even see and a pointless Hardhome sequence, and couldn't afford to pay for more extras or even just one actor to play a Northern lord) and they'd be expecting to see Sansa alive and well to placate them (and therefore prevent rebellion - although the Boltons don't even need to worry about a rebellion since they not only have masters of guerilla warfare, the 20 Good Men, but also thousands of teleporting cavalry), or as a lazy way to create tension between Roose and Ramsay, which will predictably culminate in Ramsay snapping and killing his father. 

And are they seriously suggesting with this that even Roose doesn't know that Ramsay is evil? Really? He never thought that his crazy, sadistic son would never rape or even physically abuse Sansa despiet having an established history of hunting girls who bore him with his dogs for sport? Reaaallly? Guess the writers didn't think Roose was 'badass' enough to be the big villain when they read ADwD. 

Roose... doesn't know... Ramsay raped Sansa... Roose doesn't know that about his son...

Why does every character in the show have a blind eye regarding Ramsay? Also, did D&D read different books from us? Oh I'm sorry let me correct myself. Did D&D read a completely different set of cliffnotes that sound nothing like the books than the rest of us?

Also, I didn't watch it but people are saying Isaac got the shortest interview (of course he did... -_-) and did not watch Season 5 because of schooling. Good for him. He was asked about Rickon apparently? I don't know. Sounds like Isaac is one of the few main cast members who has yet to say something offensive.

I find Dinklage obnoxious anyway, good actor but like I said before, besides the latest comments, the show has made me want to punt - drop kick him into orbit. As far as the Sansa rape, although it remains to be seen, if these comments here and there are true from the actors, the Northern storyline will not be so much that the Boltons stabbled Robb in the back and killed his pregnant Queen and mother along with the Freys but it will be that people are pissed that Ramsay raped his willing wife, Sansa, who went into Winterfell, under her own agency (not really if you watched the season) and married him freely.  This makes no sense, she is lawfully Sansa Bolton, not a Stark anymore and a willing traitor. This is going to look like a storyline fiasco with a big battle to distract from the nonsense of it all.

This Ramsay thing is one of two things: either 1) they are trying to turn Ramsay into a villain like Joffrey or 2) they have a legit man crush on him. 1) is misguided because you can't replace a guy like Joffrey you need the plot to move forward and 2) is infuriating due to the morality card they seem to pull on Stannis and Jamie

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

This Ramsay thing is one of two things: either 1) they are trying to turn Ramsay into a villain like Joffrey or 2) they have a legit man crush on him. 1) is misguided because you can't replace a guy like Joffrey you need the plot to move forward and 2) is infuriating due to the morality card they seem to pull on Stannis and Jamie

Or they really want to punish Sansa in a sexual manner for rejecting the star of the show, a big mouthed dwarf so the actress that dissed him turned 18 and they decided to enact retribution with the worst possible way, marry her to Ramsay Snow Bolton.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I find Dinklage obnoxious anyway, good actor but like I said before, besides the latest comments, the show has made me want to punt - drop kick him into orbit. As far as the Sansa rape, although it remains to be seen, if these comments here and there are true from the actors, the Northern storyline will not be so much that the Boltons stabbled Robb in the back and killed his pregnant Queen and mother along with the Freys but it will be that people are pissed that Ramsay raped his willing wife, Sansa, who went into Winterfell, under her own agency (not really if you watched the season) and married him freely.  This makes no sense, she is lawfully Sansa Bolton, not a Stark anymore and a willing traitor. This is going to look like a storyline fiasco with a big battle to distract from the nonsense of it all.

Wait the Boltons and Freys killed Robb? When did this happen?

Archived