is Jon Snow turning into villian?

blckp

14 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

The people in the seven kingdoms are no better.  They rape and murder as well.  Also, I don't think any thenns are with Jon.   The Wildlings are northerners that ended up on the wrong side of the wall.   It's not like they're inherently evil.   They've raided and killed, but who in this world hasn't done the same?

This, 100%.  I don't know how anyone could follow the GoT story in Westeros and decry the Wildlings as rapists and murderers, something morally below the gentry south of the Wall.  Hell, at least the Wildlings hold their women as full equals, where in Westoros, they essential exist to be rape victims and childbearers.  I've seen no evidence that Westeros leaders show their defeated foes any more compassion than the Wildlings do.  In fact, the Wildlings seem to show an understanding of shades of grey that their South of the Wall counterparts don't.  It wasn't enough for Robert to unseat the Targaryans.  He was set on ridding the world of every drop of Targaryan DNA.

He would be a villain to Mance Rayder.

Remember how Mance said they would never bend the knee nor would they serve someone else? Yet once Mance died, so did his ideals. The Wildlings are now serving Jon Snow and fightning his wars.

They aren't bending the knee before Jon.  He is not acting as an autocratic Lord.  Just to be sure, the letter insulted the Wildlings to make sure they would join the fray of their own volition and not out of fealty to Jon.

When they followed Edd back to CB, they did so out of respect for a man who had let them into the Gift to safety, and had shown compassion at his own risk when he ended Mance's suffering.

Jon isn't a villain. By all means, he leads the wildlings who are Georges' symbol for democracy (elected Mance), freedom (freefolk don't bend no knees) and equality (their women are equals, Thormund is aroused by Brienne of Tarth)... He's also going to free the North from the psychopath who raped his sister, emasculated his childhood friend, kidnapped his brother etc. Sansa had to beg him to do so (until he received the Pink Letter) because he seemed more interested into going south to watch turnips grow. Besides, Olly was a sworn brother of the NW and a traitor. 

Dany on the other hand, has been acting like a well-intentioned dictator with psycho penchants since day 1,5 (after her marriage to Drogo). A case could be made... but I don't believe either of them is a villain. 

3 hours ago, Illiterati said:

They aren't bending the knee before Jon.  He is not acting as an autocratic Lord.  Just to be sure, the letter insulted the Wildlings to make sure they would join the fray of their own volition and not out of fealty to Jon.

Tormund: you died for us, if we're not willing to do the same for you, we're cowards.

Tormund Giantsbane has pretty much as the Wildlings leader swore allegiance to Jon and helping Jon fight his war, which is what Rayder wouldn't have had done.

5 hours ago, Drz said:

He would be a villain to Mance Rayder.

Remember how Mance said they would never bend the knee nor would they serve someone else? Yet once Mance died, so did his ideals. The Wildlings are now serving Jon Snow and fightning his wars.

Doubt it, because Jon gave Mance mercy at great risk to himself.

8 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Switch out Dany for Jon and it's the same exact story. (which, obviously, was the point of this thread)

Actually, I don't recall seeing Jon giving speeches to the hordes with Ghost by his side.  I don't recall seeing Jon 'enjoy' the thrall of the crowds nor do I recall Jon yelling for the hordes to follow him or his way.   

I am not taking sides but I can observe how the show is currently depicting Jon and Dany and it seems different to me.  

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:29 AM, blckp said:

he now leads bunch of rapists and murders, cannibals , he himself even hang up little kid and after all those war devastated the north, he still planning to make war , and kill thousands

To paraphrase you, " I have nothing better to do than to start a random thread about Jon, who wasn't even in this episode, and call him an evil leader of cannibals to see how much I can stir up!!

On May 31, 2016 at 11:29 PM, blckp said:

he now leads bunch of rapists and murders, cannibals , he himself even hang up little kid and after all those war devastated the north, he still planning to make war , and kill thousands

Its amazing someone could so completely miss the point of this story, especially the wildlings vis a vis the night's watch (or for that matter the Brave Companions, Gregor Clegane and his people, or basically any army we've seen). 

On ‎31‎.‎05‎.‎2016‎. at 5:52 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Yes, he's so evil he's planning to lead his army of rapists and cannibals to Winterfell and attack Ramsay Bolton, the noblest child the gods have put on this earth, even as the sweet creature mourns the loss of his father, the honorable Roose Bolton, who was cowardly poisoned by their enemies. 

Only answer this post deserve.

Seven hells. Who is next? Is Tyrion becoming a villain as well, dealing with slavers and such? Barristan Selmy and Ned Stark's ghosts are going to come back as villians. Brienne is the worst villain of all. She has personally killed the most number of characters on screen, simple soldiers who were just following orders, as well our favourites Stannis and the Hound. She is a serial killer!

• 2 months later...

It could happen. He will be the villain in a story which have cruel, mad tyrants as the hero and that is great!

Yes, he's so evil he's planning to lead his army of rapists and cannibals to Winterfell and attack Ramsay Bolton, the noblest child the gods have put on this earth, even as the sweet creature mourns the loss of his father, the honorable Roose Bolton, who was cowardly poisoned by their enemies. 

:bowdown: :lmao:

Is Tyrion becoming a villain as well, dealing with slavers and such? Barristan Selmy and Ned Stark's ghosts are going to come back as villians. 

No Barristan and Tyrion were on Dany's side.

Snowflake won't. At least not on the show. The show has made him even more emo while I was expecting a ruthless, cold hearted Jon so there is no hope. The show has whitewashed every top character and it proved it does not want to experiment by making any character ambiguous. So don't expect any ambiguity from Dany, Jon and Tyrion.

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Illiterati said:

This, 100%.  I don't know how anyone could follow the GoT story in Westeros and decry the Wildlings as rapists and murderers, something morally below the gentry south of the Wall.  Hell, at least the Wildlings hold their women as full equals, where in Westoros, they essential exist to be rape victims and childbearers.  I've seen no evidence that Westeros leaders show their defeated foes any more compassion than the Wildlings do.  In fact, the Wildlings seem to show an understanding of shades of grey that their South of the Wall counterparts don't.  It wasn't enough for Robert to unseat the Targaryans.  He was set on ridding the world of every drop of Targaryan DNA.

No rape doesn't exist in the seven kingdoms and Westerosi don't know how to rape. Don't you know it will be the evil mad Dany who will bring rape to seven kingdoms.

On Thursday, June 02, 2016 at 0:13 PM, JonSnowed said:

I know thndirealroll thread but think the story is heading to some sort of Jon Vs Dany confrontation (it may not end in violence).

Not possible at all both show and books. The reason is Jon would have less reason to turn against her and most of the scenarios seems out of character for him. The only case of conflict is if she demanded the North. Even in that case if Jon tried to fight her then he would be the biggest fool in history. Any case where Jon tries to fight while he know the Others are in his own backyard will make him an irresponsible idiot. Only other scenario I could think of is him leading the Others and fighting her. That would make him a villain.So I don't see any realistic reason why they would fight.

The Wildings owe the fact that they are South of the Wall to Jon, who was murdered by his "brothers" for his trouble.  Mance would have understood that.  The Wildings haven't bent their knees to Jon, they have realized that as long as the Boltons ruled the North they were in danger,  Joining with Jon and now the rest of the North gives them at least a fighting chance to survive the wars to come.  As for Jon look, the guy is one of the few who realizes who the true enemy is and he gets killed for his troubles.  He's brought back but to what, just more fighting?  Jon has been fighting since he left Winterfell in season 1.  And now he knows that he must put together some sort of defense against an enemy who has already beaten him in open battle.  He saw Ramsay kill his half brother and he knew that he brutalized his half sister, cut the guy a little slack.  Jon is not a static character, he has changed.

As for Dany being a villain, well, she's changed as well.  When she first tells her plans to Tyrion, about what she wants to do to her opponents, well, that's super=villain stuff.  But Tyrion talks her down and she's growing as well.  The Dany who walked out of the flames in Vaes Dothrak is not the Dany who tells Daario that he's being left behind.  And she does that, albeit at Tyrion's behest, for sound poltical reasons.

Neither of them are or are becoming villains.  But neither are they characters that haven't grown.

Archived