Football - Aftermath of the Euros

baxus

17 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I'd be gobsmacked if Pogba signs for us. He's one of the hottest properties in world football and I just can't see him signing for a club that is not in the CL. Real Madrid seems like his most likely destination should he leave Juve.

I'd be surprised if Pogba joined us too, I just think this attitude that once Madrid express an interest everyone else might as well give up a tad silly.

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'd be surprised if Pogba joined us too, I just think this attitude that once Madrid express an interest everyone else might as well give up a tad silly.

Oh, I don't mind us making a bid even though Real will be favourites. At least we are trying to strengthen the squad instead of doing nothing, as well as looking to get our transfer business done early. What I don't want is for this transfer to drag out only for Pogba to join Real or remain at Juve at the last minute and we end up with nobody. I hope Mourinho has an alternative lined up. The three signings thus far are all in positions that needed attention. Plus I've read that a deal for Mexican winger Hirving Lozano is more or less wrapped up and will be made official after the Olympics.

49 minutes ago, Tinker said:

This has been rumoured to be happening for 3 months.

Yeah - longer in fact. It's been pretty obvious that he's joining Pep. Hard to say no to City & Pep. 

14 hours ago, Mexal said:

Arsenal just bought a 21 year old Japanese striker for the future and Arsenal Twitter has melted down. Fun times.

21 year-old Takuma Asano is going to be our 20-goal wonder this coming season. He will ably fill the boots of Yaya Sanogo with his 11 goals in 57 appearances strike rate.

All things considered, I don't think Benteke had that bad a season.

In the league, he's scored 9 goals in 29 appearances, most of which he was used as a substitute in. He may not fit Klopp's system and there are definitely some good reasons to sell him but it's not as if he was as bad as Torres was when he joined Chelsea.

No ones saying Benteke is bad. Pretty much everyone knew when Liverpool bought him that he wasn't the right fit (except Rodgers) so all I was saying was being able to get most of that money back would be a rare bit of a good business.  I'm sure he will score multiple goals against Liverpool in the games they play Palace should this deal actually go through. 

I didn't have an issue with people saying Benteke is bad, but with people acting as if he's had a crappy season.

I'm pretty sure his goals per minutes ratio is even better than it was during his time in Aston Villa, and he's done it playing in a system not built around him.

Another penalty that Messi misses.

In all seriousness, that would never have gone to trial if it had been anyone but Messi. As far as I understand, the state attorney who went against against the prosecutor to charge Messi had been a member of Real Madrid's board.

Hum? I would make a different argument though. A lot more of those should go to trial. I am fairly sure there are lot of those players and contracts in Spain and elsewhere. And I think atheletes (or anybody else) making millions not taxing their income properly is not acceptable. And I think it's slap into the face of every hard working football fan, who pays taxes and is not earning a million.

And frankly I don't care which club the attorney supports.

Archived