Alton Sterling shooting.

James Arryn

Alton Sterling was a POS. Just look at his RAP sheet. Same as Micheal Brown, Same as Freddy Grey. Same as Travon Martin. Same as Philandro Castile. Not one was innocent, And yet, does anyone care about Tyshawn Lee? Or Jordan Davis? Maybe any of the blacks killed by other blacks in Chicago EVERY DAY? Lets have an honest conversation, not one that is biased and grounded without fact. Seriously, look up Alton Sterling's history which includes raping a 14 year old before making him the white knight of Baton Rouge.

19 minutes ago, The Brandon Stark said:

Amazing that most posts here actually justify BLM. It should be a considered a terrorist organization. And yet  here we are justifying the death of cops. Bravo liberals.Keep it up. That college diploma is paying  for itself...SAD

I dont know whether to laugh or cry...

12 minutes ago, The Brandon Stark said:

Same as Philandro Castile. Not one was innocent, And yet, does anyone care about Tyshawn Lee? Or Jordan Davis? Maybe any of the blacks killed by other blacks in Chicago EVERY DAY? Lets have an honest conversation, not one that is biased and grounded without fact. Seriously, look up Alton Sterling's history which includes raping a 14 year old before making him the white knight of Baton Rouge.

Alton Sterling's history doesn't matter, but let's go back a bit. What, precisely, did Phlando Castile do that justified being shot and killed that day? 

And I think people are perfectly fine calling Tyshawn Lee's death a murder and wanting to prosecute the person who did it. Let's do the same thing for Philando Castile. And now we actually know who murdered him, we have multiple eyewitness accounts of what occurred. Seems like an open and shut case, no?

Philandro fit the description of a man that committed armed robbery and resisted arrest. The stop was not due to a brake light, but a justified stop. There was not multiple eye witnesses, just his girlfriend live-steaming it and honestly, not really concerned about Philandro but more about her video.  Tyshawn on the other hand was executed at the of nine by a gang-banger with little to no news coverage. And actually, yes Alton Sterling's history does matter as the cops were called to scene only after he pulled an ILLEGAL FIREARM on homeless person. So let's stop pretending these are innocent people.

2 minutes ago, The Brandon Stark said:

Philandro fit the description of a man that committed armed robbery and resisted arrest. The stop was not due to a brake light, but a justified stop. There was not multiple eye witnesses, just his girlfriend live-steaming it and honestly, not really concerned about Philandro but more about her video. 

There are multiple witnesses - his girlfriend and the shooter's partner. 

Sorry - you didn't answer the question. What, precisely, did Philando Castile do that justified him being shot and killed? You said what the police's thoughts might have been - but those are not actual actions taken by Philando. Are you saying that so long as you fit the description of someone who may have committed a crime, you can be reasonably shot and killed? 

No one needs to pretend that a person is innocent. No one has. Alton Sterling's character isn't in dispute; it is irrelevant. What is not important is their innocence, it is whether or not it is justice for a police officer to murder them without trial, evidence or any due process. 

1 hour ago, ElizabethB. said:

Chanting for dead cops is inciting violence, hate and fear. 

You still aren't providing a source like everyone is asking

eta: I also agree with @White Walker Texas Ranger, which I had missed before

It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere, sometime, some people who could be considered BLM supporters said something about being happy that cops were dead.

It doesn't matter though. It's like there's always some asshole saying something stupid or offensive about whatever subject on twitter. It annoys me when clickbait rag run those, "Look at the racist/bigotted/ sexist things these people on twitter are saying!" It means literally nothing, and crowing about some hypothetical BLM supporters is the same thing.

Just because some BLM supporters, or someone who appeared at one of the protests was chanting that,modes not discredit the very legitimate movement as a whole

16 hours ago, ElizabethB. said:

You have agenda coming from your poohole if you need explaining how chanting for dead cops is discrediting. 

I agree with Mormont.  If you have proof that BLM protesters are chanting in support of the death of police provide it.  Don't toss out an allegation and claim it is truth because it isn't refuted.  

Offer a link and we can discuss the actual incident and what actually happened.

1 hour ago, ElizabethB. said:

Chanting for dead cops is inciting violence, hate and fear. 

Making unfounded allegations over and over is inciting violence, hate and fear. The difference is, you're definitely doing it, and you're doing it here, on this board - where it is, amongst other things, my job to stop people doing things like that.

So let me be blunt. If you want to repeat this allegation, provide a source. If you repeat it without a source, you will be banned.

2 hours ago, mormont said:

Making unfounded allegations over and over is inciting violence, hate and fear. The difference is, you're definitely doing it, and you're doing it here, on this board - where it is, amongst other things, my job to stop people doing things like that.

So let me be blunt. If you want to repeat this allegation, provide a source. If you repeat it without a source, you will be banned.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/agitators-hurl-rocks-phoenix-police-chant-shoot/

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Eric-Garner-Manhattan-Dead-Cops-Video-Millions-March-Protest-285805731.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pigs-in-a-blanket-chant-at-minnesota-fair-riles-police/

18 hours ago, James Arryn said:

I'm almost at the point of suggesting you respond to one of those squiggly script things to confirm you aren't automated. You keep responding to key words or phrases in posts addressed to you while ignoring their questions or central responses.

I am half expecting a response like 'Right, I'm the one ignoring facts and reading off a script, and you are the one addressing the central question about dead cops.'

You said it, not me.

9 hours ago, The Brandon Stark said:

Amazing that most posts here actually justify BLM. It should be a considered a terrorist organization. And yet  here we are justifying the death of cops. Bravo liberals.Keep it up. That college diploma is paying  for itself...SAD

curious.  which acts by agents of BLM fit into one of the US anti-terrorism statutes?

are you able to quote someone in this thread who has justified the death of a law enforcement officer? 

Alton Sterling was a POS. Just look at his RAP sheet. Same as Micheal Brown, Same as Freddy Grey. Same as Travon Martin. Same as Philandro Castile. Not one was innocent, And yet, does anyone care about Tyshawn Lee? Or Jordan Davis? Maybe any of the blacks killed by other blacks in Chicago EVERY DAY? Lets have an honest conversation, not one that is biased and grounded without fact. Seriously, look up Alton Sterling's history which includes raping a 14 year old before making him the white knight of Baton Rouge.

So basically you just hate people of color.

If anyone has any questions or comments about my last post, address them privately or not at all.

35 minutes ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

Now, these are sources that can be discussed. The first appears to be a pretty unreliable source, but the latter two are better. All three appear to concern isolated incidents lasting at most a minute and participated in by a handful of protestors. All are worth of condemnation, it goes without saying: but to portray any of them as representative of the BLM movement as a whole is a stretch, to say the least.

In this thread, we have posters saying that its okay that multiple people were summarily executed by agents of the state without trial because they were "POS's".  That's cool.  So are you always for the complete dissolution of the rule of law, or only when it lets you masturbate over black people being killed?  

9 minutes ago, mormont said:

If anyone has any questions or comments about my last post, address them privately or not at all.

Now, these are sources that can be discussed. The first appears to be a pretty unreliable source, but the latter two are better. All three appear to concern isolated incidents lasting at most a minute and participated in by a handful of protestors. All are worth of condemnation, it goes without saying: but to portray any of them as representative of the BLM movement as a whole is a stretch, to say the least.

Isn't one of the indictments of police forces that the "bad apples" are allowed to thrive by other police who either do nothing or actively facilitate or cover-up the actions of the bad apples? 

Doesn't the same argument apply to protest movements? In the last link, for example, you have a self-styled "organizer" of the Minnesota BLM movement defending the chant to "fry police like bacon." He didn't disclaim it. He didn't disavow it. He doesn't even saw that it was inappropriate. He said that it wasn't a call for violence, but rather, "similar treatment" between black people and police officers. Of course, since the BLM's position is that police officers are executing unarmed black men in an unjustified manner, it certainly seems to me that what's being advocated by "fry police like bacon" is that black people kill police officers in an unjustified manner. And a self-styled organizer of the movement is not saying that's a mistake or wrong, but rather that it shouldn't be focused on. Interesting standard. 

First, that doesn't justify any of their murders.

Second, I'll give you that Freddy Grey and Alton Sterling, in particular, were not exemplars, but what real evidence do you have against Trayvon Martin of Philando Castile?

6 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

First, that doesn't justify any of their murders.

Second, I'll give you that Freddy Grey and Alton Sterling, in particular, were not exemplars, but what real evidence do you have against Trayvon Martin of Philando Castile?

It's a mistake to engage him on this level, because it's a fundamental distraction from the ultimate issue. The police don't have license to kill people because they've committed crimes in the past. If you even play that game, you're distracting yourself from the real issue, which is whether or not the use of lethal force is justified in this particular case. 

Archived