SanSan next season?

Just now, Darkstream said:

Season 1::D:D:D:):):):)

Season 2::D:D:):)

Season 3: N/A

Season 4: N/A

Season 5: :D:):)

Season 6: :(:(:tantrum::tantrum::crying:  :)

Season 7:   :shocked::bang: *

* Prediction based upon Jon/Sansa happening.

That's hilarious. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

LOL he doesn't smile in two seasons?? 

4 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

No, it's just that it was very time consuming, haven't had a chance to go through those seasons yet. ;)

:)

Well, what it's true is that in the first seasons he clearly is more happy. He was more happy with Ygritte than with Sansa.

1 hour ago, Winter's Cold said:

I got the impression this season that Sansa disliked Jon or at least had contempt for him. Most of their interactions appeared to be Sansa manipulating Jon to do what she wanted. 

1. She plays on Jon's sense of family loyalty to get him to attack Winterfell. She first states that she would attack Winterfell herself if Jon doesn't help. Of course Jon won't abandon his family member so he decides to help her.

2. She makes a cloak for Jon. She wants him to look like Ned Stark so that she gain support from the Northern lords.

3. She's upset when Jon listens to Davos' advice. Perhaps she was afraid of losing influence over Jon.

4. She hides the possibility of the Vale army's arrival from Jon. This ensures that the Vale army remains in her or Littlefinger's hands rather than Jon's. Maybe she wants Jon to need her.

5. She tells Jon that Rickon is good as dead despite saying earlier that Jon should attack Winterfell to save Rickon. She used Rickon as bait for Jon. I guess she wanted to make Jon more motivated.

6. She makes no explanation of why she hid the Vale army from Jon and instead apologizes. She knew that Jon would forgive her no matter what she did since Jon really loves his family members.

At this point the relationship between Jon and Sansa is eerily reminiscent of the relationship between Sansa and Littlefinger. If a Jon/Sansa relationship happens, it will be comparable to a relationship between Sansa and Littlefinger with Jon being the Sansa and Sansa being the Littlefinger.

Yes, I see it going that way too. Lf gives Robin falcon gifts and Sansa gives Jon a wolf cloak. If we look at her actions from this frame that you have here, it makes sense. However, I would say point 5 concerning Rickon was just some practical advice. I think she loved Rickon, but didn't see him living. I think it is like what the Blackfish told Jaimie concerning Edmure. Both Sansa and Blackfish saw their homes as what was salvageable, but Edmure and Rickon had to be written off. It is a cold, but a  practical response. 

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

:)

Well, what it's true is that in the first seasons he clearly is more happy. He was more happy with Ygritte than with Sansa.

In my opinion, Jon has been pretty consistently miserable through out this series.  Brienne is right- he broods. His romance with Ygritte was very conflicted as well. He knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. Even Ygritte noticed this strain as she said in episode 7 of season 3 (I think) that he barely talked to her.  

Let me say a few things. This is show Sansa not book Sansa. In the show if there was an emotional connection, it was more on the part of the hound not on her's. The Hound has rescued her and provably felt some pity towards her situation specially when Merryn trant was beating her. He's a brute and a killer but he's no monster. did he liked her in his own way?, i dont know, maybe. He did show pity on her and also offered to take her with him and away from the lannisters. He also taunted her many times in a scary way. Arya is the one we sure know he formed a relationship with, an odd relationship, not Sansa.

Sansa fans seem to give her things that she has never had, they try to make her into a character she has never been, they try to give her connections that she has never enjoyed. Sansa is an odd one, Sansa is the odd character. From the beginning of the show we saw all the stark kids interacting with eachother specially Jon, who did Sansa interact with?. We saw Jon and robb being brothers, we saw Jon and Arya showing great love for one another, we saw Jon being a big brother to Bran even Rickon interacted with Bran, where was Sansa?. Oh wait we saw her interact with Arya when she was reprimanding her while jeoffrey was trying to kill Arya, and then we saw her lying to the king and take Jeoffrey's side against Arya. Her fans try to make her into a sympathetic heroine, with her own accomplishments, for instance when she lied and saved littlefinger after he killed her aunt, they said and still say that she started to play the game, she was/is a player now....YEAHHHH. But in reality we all know that if she had told the truth about littlefinger, all of her troubles would had been gone, she would had saved herself a lot of pain and might had gotten rid of the most evil character in all the show, getting some revenge too. She was manipulated by littlefinger and she had no clue. She's what she's been called by jeoffrey, a stupid little girl. Lets see some more of her accomplishments or self destruction. Back in King's Landing the Hound offered to take her with him, she refused. Later on after she learned how to play the game(sarcastic laugh) an opportunity came where she could had been protected, in the form of Brienne who offered to protect her, she refused. She was the right hand of littlefinger, masterfully playing her own game now. And how did littlefinger repaid her game playing abilities?, he sold her to the boltons where she suffered unspeakable evils. Ok maybe those were stupid mistakes, she was naive and she has suffered enough and maybe you want to cut her some slack.

She manages to escape Ramsey with the help of Reek and Brienne and get to jon where she can be protected. After a nice brotherly reunion and first interaction i might add, you are thinking that her character has finally come around. She has truly joined the family that she wanted to get away from in the beginning, she's now the sympathetic character that her fans have claimed her to be. She's the beautiful girl, the naive girl, the confused girl that has suffered enough. she's now with Jon, and they can protect and trust eachother now. NO NO NO NO NO. She wants Wintefel, she wants power, she wants to used Jon and take back what they stole from her. She wants revenge  too, maybe. Ok you accept that, she wants to be strong so she can feel safe, good. But the problem is that instead of us getting a Sansa that we can root for, we get a Sansa that is pouting, a Sansa that is complaining, a Sansa that is belittling Jon and his adviser Davos. The plans that Jon and davos decided to use for the taking of winterfel was Sansa's plan, still she was not happy. I dont know what she wanted, it's like she wanted to be leader of the taking of winterfel, i dont know, it was confusing. She yelled and complained about jon not asking her for advice, and when Jon asked her what should they do, she said she didnt know, that they needed more men and yet she didnt tell him about the vale army in that perfect opportunity. So we get from the Sansa character, a girl that is naive and later bewildered in the beginning, a girl who lies and takes evil prince's side over her family. A girl who had little connections to anyone, a girl who after seeing or hearing about her family being butchered by her captors, didnt try to get out of her terrible situation. A girl who kept getting in her own way in escaping her situation.....A girl that kept messing up opportunities to better her life------jaqen h'ghar . And when we think that finally she'll make us root for her and like her after that reunion with Jon, she lies and endangers Jon's life, making us think that she might betray him. She goes from an unsympathetic damsel in distress to a dubious character that might do terrible damage to her family, to her brother Jon snow.

I did love that hug she gave jon in their reunion, it was great.

1 hour ago, Darkstream said:

I love this!

(guess where cave sex is, and the kiss on the Wall):

Season 3: :):D:D  :wub:  :love:  :drool:  :wub:  :D:):( :frown5:

(Kit said he was heartbroken all season until... guess where Olly and his bow is...)

Season 4: : :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

1 hour ago, Darkstream said:

Haha, perfect!

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I love this!

(guess where cave sex is, and the kiss on the Wall):

Season 3: :):D:D  :wub:  :love:  :drool:  :wub:  :D:):( :frown5:

(Kit said he was heartbroken all season until... guess where Olly and his bow is...)

Season 4: : :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Additional perfection!

From around the internet...

Here's what the showrunners said about Sansa and Sandor:

Weiss: The developing relationship between these two.

Benioff: Yep. Much more to come.

Here's what one of the writers (Cogman) said:

The Hound/Sansa relationship is still a big part of the show.

Here's what GRRM said (from the interview transcript):

GRRM: I do know there's all these people out there who are, as they call themselves, the SanSan fans, who want to see Sandor and Sansa get together at the end. So that's interesting, too.

Tom Merritt: The TV show has sort of played with that a little and probably stoked those fires, I would think.

GRRM: Oh, sure. And I've played with it in the books.

Tom Merritt: Yeah, yeah.

GRRM: There's something there. But it's still interesting to see how many people have responded to it.

Veronica Belmont: I'm not going to say that that hasn't crossed my mind.

Here's a bunch of reviews of Blackwater:

"Also, I think that fact that The Hound is clearly in love with her, in a Beauty/Beast sort of way, helps endear her to us." -  IGN

"But while Bronn distracts himself with a presumably hired lady love, Sandor keeps a rather affectionate candle burning for Sansa. Perhaps making a reference to flame isn't exactly appropriate, considering that Sandor was scared enough of the fire to desert his post. But that does bring up another subtle contrast between himself and fire-starter Bronn, doesn't it?" -  TV Overmind

"Why, oh, why wouldn't Sansa go with The Hound at this point? Their shared scenes have always been a pleasure to watch, but none more so than their final one last night. (Though he never asked his little bird for a song, did he?)" -  Tor

"Sansa argues that Stannis won't hurt her, which the Hound quickly explains that yes he will, he's a killer. Like him, like Ned, like Robb. And to look him in the face so she can get used to seeing men that kill—they're all around her, making the world what it is. She looks at him and is no longer afraid. , and gosh, he's just gruff because he's scared! Tale as old as time… song as old as rhyme!" -  Hey, Don't Judge Me

"But as fire raged outside King's Landing the Hound finally had enough, handing in his tersely memorable notice and pausing only to offer sanctuary to Sansa on his way. Sadly his little bird rejected his offer – but their surprisingly tender scene provided a brief respite amid the death and destruction." -  The Guardian

"I never thought it would be possible, but the Hound made me tear up a bit. His conversation with Sansa was so heartfelt. Their relationship has been building up to this, but it was still surprising. Will Sansa get out with him in time? I’m guessing that she will be too late once again." -  CliqueClack

"The Hound is obviously soft for Sansa - I think she represents a pureness and innocence he can never possess, and of course there is her beauty, such a beauty that it reminds the Hound of his inner and outer ugliness, and so she becomes a kind of symbol of all things clean that he feels motivated to protect, and yet Sansa refuses him." -  (Not So) Daily

"And Sansa, well…she’s clearly getting much better at manipulating Joffrey, and her scenes with Cersei, and most notably the scene with the Hound (Rory McCann) were some of the best we’ve seen with the character." -  What Culture

"Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann) surprised us in this episode. His "eff it all" attitude, drinking and his offer to take Sansa (Sophie Turner) away were at the top of the list. He's clearly had enough of his employer and doesn't care who knows it. We must say, we probably would have fled with him if we were Sansa." -  E Online

"War forces us to consider our allegiances, and in that battle the Hound realizes that his King is not worth protecting with the flames nipping at his heels. That he feels differently about Sansa says something about the character, something the show has been subtly laying the groundwork for all season." -  Cultural Learnings

Here's some DVD commentary:

SANSA (to SANDOR): What are you doing here?

Lena Headey (to SANSA): He loves you!...

SANDOR (to SANSA): I could take you with me. Take you to Winterfell. I'll keep you safe.

Neil Marshall (director): We re-shot this scene because the first version we did also had a song in it... He made Sansa sing, but it was the song that she had just finished singing, so coming off the back of the scene it would have...

Peter Dinklage (singing the song from the Disney movie): Really? Beauty and the Beast ...

Here's twitter during the rescue scene (from wicnet):

So Twitter was spiking pretty hard while Sansa was being tossed about like a rag-doll. And then it basically spiked to Insane. Good bye Twitter. Hello re-start computer.

@JoeBuffaloWins: The hound!!!!

@Kifty1n: AHHHHHHHHHHHHSANDORSANDORSANDORyesyesyes

@karltmeakin: SANDOR CLEGANE: WAR ZONE.

@MercifulMalacai: The Hound is takin' a bite outta crime

@cocolicious46: The Hound be killing the SHYT outta bammas!!

@CMR365: I think the Hound just field dressed somebody

@truebloodandtv: Sandor Clegane is such a boss

@mycropht: Yes! The Hound Represent!!!! Rory McCann FTW

@jpglion: Well done, Hound.

So I got back on and the scroll was at a quasi-managable 140 entries per refresh.

Oh, then dude spoke.

@JalinMarieC: You're alright now little bird, you're alright

And there went my screen again.

@juiimanji: SANSAN. IT IS TV!CANON.

@siriuslyserious: @GameOfRos: Ros is a SanSan fan. #GameOfThrones I think I'm becoming one too

@Wee_Birdie: Oh my *fans self*

@LeahMaycock: I do like The Hound. A tortured soul but maybe a good heart?

@LynchLyfe: Awww I think he loves her.

@Wee_Birdie: Totally worth the wait. I may have melted into a small puddle

@lucia_g89: Omg that sansa scene. I'm still shaking

@Kiftyln: oh my god how can a burned man be so smexy idk

@Paco_ICEandFIRE: HE DID IT FOR LOVE, TYRION! HE DIDN'T SAVE SANSA FOR YOU!!!!

The San/San tweets were still off the charts by the time shit calmed down. There was a brief scene between Sansa and Shae

@jmnzl: Shae is being useful?! What.

No one cared. Most of the people were still spazzing out over San/San.

11 hours ago, Darksky said:

Sansa feminists need to realise that.

So it’s your contention that so called “Sansa feminist”, whatever that is, as I have no clue as to what that means, or its relevance, have their heads up in the clouds with SanSan, while steely-eyed realist have come to the solid conclusion that Jon/Sansa is a thing.

And this steely-eyed realist conclusion is based on what, exactly?

Jon smile data, perhaps?

1 hour ago, Bear Claw said:

In my opinion, Jon has been pretty consistently miserable through out this series.  Brienne is right- he broods. His romance with Ygritte was very conflicted as well. He knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. Even Ygritte noticed this strain as she said in episode 7 of season 3 (I think) that he barely talked to her.  

I think they were happy but it didn't last too much because of the circumstances. ANd yes, We all know that Jon is not the most talkative person from Westeros, but he was happy.

Sansa feminists

I'm wondering if I can be a "Brienne feminist," because I like working out, weaponry, and bearded Jaime :wub:. I was kind of a "Catelyn feminist" until she got murdered, what with loving my kids and not being a psycho like Ellaria or an adulturer/incester like Cersei. I'm not really a "Sansa Feminist," but I can't be sure, because I don't know what the qualifications are. 

26 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

I'm wondering if I can be a "Brienne feminist," because I like working out, weaponry, and bearded Jaime :wub:. I was kind of a "Catelyn feminist" until she got murdered, what with loving my kids and not being a psycho like Ellaria or an adulturer/incester like Cersei. I'm not really a "Sansa Feminist," but I can't be sure, because I don't know what the qualifications are. 

I think it means you think Sansa is a person. I like Arya and Brienne and Dany, too, so maybe I'm an Arya Brienne Dany Sansa feminist! I wouldn't say I'm a Cersei feminist, though. Not really fond of her. 

Oh yeah, I meant to say, I like Bearded Jaime, too. :wub:

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't ship Jon and Ygritte. I don't even like Jon much.  Having said that I think they did a great job with their romance, very similar to the books, or even better. I cried both in the show and in the books when she was killed.

I thought it was a beautiful love story in the books, and I liked it on the show, too. I loved that scene GRRM wrote for them in season 3, and I thought the actors did a good job and were cute together. All his romances are pretty good!

21 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

I might be a "Sansa feminist". I like lemons and lemoncakes seem pretty tasty. But my courtesies aren't always the best. So I am not sure.

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I might be a "Sansa feminist". I like lemons and lemoncakes seem pretty tasty. But my courtesies aren't always the best. So I am not sure.

But do you like songs and kisses? If so, then I think you still qualify. Of course, maybe that's being a Sandor feminist, too.

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think it means you think Sansa is a person. I like Arya and Brienne and Dany, too, so maybe I'm an Arya Brienne Dany Sansa feminist! I wouldn't say I'm a Cersei feminist, though. Not really fond of her.

I know for a fact I'm not a Harma The Dogshead feminist. I still haven't gotten over Old Yeller.

Archived