US elections: aiding an' Abedin

IheartIheartTesla

Can anyone stateside explain to me (if anyone even has a clue) what exactly the FBI is doing right now? Because going by the reports here it looks like they've gone from "impartial, don't interfere in the election" to "fuck it, let's just trawl up any and every piece of old dirt that might invoke the name Clinton even if it utterly fucks the election up". 

I thought the release of that letter at the weekend was pretty low for them at such a time but they just seem to have gone full on into trying to ruin the democrat campaign. What are they expecting to get out of this, surely this will destroy any sort of credibility they might have as an organisation. How will the public trust them if they are so biased in this election?

1 hour ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/10/clinton_vs_trump_whose_crimes_are_worse.html

Good comparison, though it misses some of the Clintons' shady finances and the Juanita Broderick stuff.

I'd be fairly unhappy the Primary debates were apparently rigged by the DNC to favour Clinton if I'd voted in them as well, it's pretty sleazy. It all pales in comparison to Trump though.

5 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

I'll let you know when that's that the case.  I am sure, since you feel that way, that you sat out the election, right?

lol, of course he didn't.  He condemned Trump and then voted for him just like his idol Ted Cruz did.  

I would not go that far. Given Clinton's background, I would guess that she does in fact care about this issue -- but she is way too far from ordinary women to understand their most important concerns.

I don't think this is remotely true. A good example of this is her explanation of her view on abortion rights in the third debate, especially late-term abortion, where she dropped some of her guarded facade and was quite clearly very sympathetic to everyone involved. I doubt that she has had a late-term abortion (they're very uncommon) but it's obvious that she could sympathize. 

Her platform consistently being about important issues for women also belies this. Her pledge in China - CHINA of all places - that women's rights are human rights when she was first lady also belies this. 

Mostly, I think that this election has shown precisely how she is treated first and foremost as a woman, not as a politician or candidate or anything. The election would be an absurd win for her if this had anything to do with policy. It would be an absurd win for her if it had anything to do with qualifications or ability to govern. But it isn't, and unlike @zelticgar's baying about how horrible she is, most people believe that there's just nothing there that's particularly problematic. Especially compared to Trump.

Can you imagine the outrage if Romney hadn't paid taxes for 18 years and the way he did so was by exploiting a loophole in the tax code that ended up causing $425m in other people's losses? Or if McCain had started a charity and used charity funds to refurbish his fountain or buy a helmet of Tebow? Come on, man. 

13 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

I'll let you know when that's that the case.  I am sure, since you feel that way, that you sat out the election, right?

I'm voting straight GOP down ticket, not sure what I'm going to do for POTUS.

14 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

Speaking of which, I heard a report on NPR where the reporter went on St0rmfurnt (mispelled sos not to drive traffic or get hits) and found that even they thought that Trump was going to trash the economy, but they didn't care because Trump was gonna fuck up the minority races (only that's not the words they used)

I am not going there to verify, I will just take NPR at their word.

Wouldn't shock me. That places is a fucking cesspool. I had the unfortunate experience of encountering a few people that frequent it. They don't care about anything but people of color being wiped out even at the expense of economic interests. They're that fucking irrational. 

26 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Fun times in some new polls. Nevada looks like an outlier compared to what we've seen before and what has been reported based on early voting. Arizona looks good for Trump. If Florida and PA are accurate though, doesn't much matter what he does.

Here's an update on Nevada. Seems CNN's polling under-represents Hispanics in Nevada...

29 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Can anyone stateside explain to me (if anyone even has a clue) what exactly the FBI is doing right now? Because going by the reports here it looks like they've gone from "impartial, don't interfere in the election" to "fuck it, let's just trawl up any and every piece of old dirt that might invoke the name Clinton even if it utterly fucks the election up". 

I thought the release of that letter at the weekend was pretty low for them at such a time but they just seem to have gone full on into trying to ruin the democrat campaign. What are they expecting to get out of this, surely this will destroy any sort of credibility they might have as an organisation. How will the public trust them if they are so biased in this election?

It just looks like Comey is a partisan hack piece of shit. 

23 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

She did ask them to release the information they have ...

I think there is a sort of mutiny. There were some rumors some FBI agents were not happy with Comey's decision and were organizing a revolt against him (not really sure that was true).

There are also rumors that Comey was kept in dark several weeks about those mails. And there might also be investigations by four seperate FBI bureaus into the Clinton foundation, which your DOJ might have to stop.

And now the democrates also criticizing them for influencing the elections. So maybe the FBI thought (censored) and released those documents and leaked those investigations so the DOJ would feel pressed to aid those investigations. Or it is just revenge for how Clinton is now treating them?

I would seriously suggest everyone stop looking at single state polls from now onwards. It just leads to everyone cherry picking their favorite/disfavored polls. If there are 10 polls sampling Florida right now, about 5 of them may show Clinton ahead and 5 Trump ahead, and then everyone will go through the weeds to try to justify why one particular poll is wrong (or right). You might trust in the average or median mor eso.

3 hours ago, Boris the Blade said:

Oh, and to people saying even though they are white cis males they are still worried, what I was basically implying is you do not have to worry about being oppressed and targeted. Lack of religion or a different religion will not matter since you are white and those bigoted people automatically assume the default religious position is christian.  

I don't feel particularly oppressed or targeted by the Trump campaign as a woman either, frankly. Trump the individual is the problem there, and he'll still be out there groping people whether he's President or not.

If I was a racial or religious minority, I'd be terrified of being targeted.

But setting aside the issue of targeting, I have basic existential fears about the existence of a future republic, nuclear holocaust, etc. that go beyond matters of discrimination.

51 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Can anyone stateside explain to me (if anyone even has a clue) what exactly the FBI is doing right now? 

Violating Huma Abedin's 4th Amendment rights.

Everyone who investigates Hillary goes spectacularly off the deep end eventually.

37 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Here's an update on Nevada. Seems CNN's polling under-represents Hispanics in Nevada...

Well, the original tweeter is assuming the reason Hispanics are N/A is above is because they "didn't have enough Hispanics to break out the data" in the chart. But perhaps there is some other reason, like they just didn't as a question about Hispanic heritage in their poll. 

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Well, the original tweeter is assuming the reason Hispanics are N/A is above is because they "didn't have enough Hispanics to break out the data" in the chart. But perhaps there is some other reason, like they just didn't as a question about Hispanic heritage in their poll. 

Possible but if they do that, they're still going to have one massive polling error.

Trump just casually mentioned in a speech that Wikileaks will be releasing more stuff later today and that he'll talk about it tomorrow.

If there's any sort of active investigation into Trump's connections, I sure hope they're paying attention.

Archived