U.S. Politics: Courting Trump

Mr. Chatywin et al.

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I would really like to see that link posted in this thread. Have you figured out why its disappearing when you try to post it?

Are you on Facebook? Simply friend Daniel Abraham. As an author he's always looking for more friends. And, bonus, you see all his comments about The Expanse. :)

The message was a post that was copied from another source, so when you post it here you are asked if you want to remove the formatting. If you do, the whole message vanishes. If you don't, when you post you just get a little tiny line about 'may contain text', but clicking on the line does not bring up the message.

I'll transcribe the message if you are not on Facebook...

31 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Fucking ICE raids here all weekend long.  Non-criminals being targeted.  I've had half a dozen kids in my house all weekend who now no longer have parents or family because conservatives are worse than scum.  

Aren't you in Georgia?  I have a friend who works for an immigration attorney in Knoxville.  PM me and, if you like I'll try to hook you up.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Fucking ICE raids here all weekend long.  Non-criminals being targeted.  I've had half a dozen kids in my house all weekend who now no longer have parents or family because conservatives are worse than scum.  

29 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Holy Fucking Shit!  Targeting criminals h'uh?  Fucking liars.

The lady who was the first one taken and deported, the one who came as a 14 year old and is now 31 or 35 (I saw 2 ages mentioned), had worked and paid taxes using a phony Social Security number. She was discovered, charged and convicted, and was told to report regularly to ICE. After the EO came out she had a reporting date, and was imprisoned right then and there.

Her conviction was a felony conviction. Trump said job one was deport all the felons. He told his base the felons were murderers and rapists and thieves. But a felon is a felon is a felon, and you can bet next week Trump will give a press conference and boast that he has already had 1,000 felons deported.

25 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'll transcribe the message if you are not on Facebook...

I liked his page but can't get it to come up. I guess I fail at FB, would you mind transcribing when you have the time?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Holy Fucking Shit!  Targeting criminals h'uh?  Fucking liars.

My friend reports they were going door to door in her neighborhood asking for papers.  Because everyone just walks around with their birth certificate amirite?  (We'll ignore all those people who don't even have one for whatever reason). 

Anyone interested in lending aid, here's a good place to start. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

My friend reports they were going door to door in her neighborhood asking for papers.  Because everyone just walks around with their birth certificate amirite?  (We'll ignore all those people who don't even have one for whatever reason). 

Or have a birth cert that officials won't accept as showing that the person in an American citizen, like I have and had to get a 'long form' bc so I could get a driver's license from the state of California.  I better go get a passport so I can prove I'm a citizen ffs. 

My coworker and I have been talking about just this subject as he's Hispanic and wants to get a passport to prove his is, indeed, an American.  He's worried about stop and frisk polices in the future, and perhaps he should be.

9 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Or have a birth cert that officials won't accept as showing that the person in an American citizen, like I have and had to get a 'long form' bc so I could get a driver's license from the state of California.  I better go get a passport so I can prove I'm a citizen ffs. 

My coworker and I have been talking about just this subject as he's Hispanic and wants to get a passport to prove his is, indeed, an American.  He's worried about stop and frisk polices in the future, and perhaps he should be.

Yeah, if you live in an immigrant heavy neighborhood, I'd definitely start looking into carrying around something to verify your citizenship.  I'm in an area with a heavy Muslim and refugee population.  People here are terrified, and obviously for good reasons after these latest raids. 

But remember, you're a citizen, you can read and speak English well, you know your rights and how to contact an attorney.  A lot of people don't have that benefit, whether they are citizens or not.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yeah, if you live in an immigrant heavy neighborhood, I'd definitely start looking into carrying around something to verify your citizenship.  I'm in an area with a heavy Muslim and refugee population.  People here are terrified, and obviously for good reasons after these latest raids. 

But remember, you're a citizen, you can read and speak English well, you know your rights and how to contact an attorney.  A lot of people don't have that benefit, whether they are citizens or not.  

a "target rich environment" is the grossly militaristic euphemism they are using 

8 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Meet the Teacher Whose Powerful, Christian Defense of Obamacare Made a GOP Town Hall Go Viral

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/02/10/meet_jessi_bohon_whose_christian_defense_of_obamacare_made_a_gop_town_hall.html

This didn’t come close to the heart and meaning of Bohon’s question, and the teacher spoke up again. “How many of those people were in states where they played a political game with people’s lives?” she asked, seemingly referring to the places, including Tennessee, that declined the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion. Black refused to answer, saying she would “pass.”

Now it seems to me this would have been excellent opportunity to defend your "conservative values". Let your "conservative values" shine!!!!

So why not take the opportunity?

Could it be:

1. Cowardice perhaps?

or

2. You've been bullshitting, and you know you've been bullshitting, and you really don't have an answer. It's kind of like you've written a bunch of hot checks and now people are coming to collect.

As for white wing militias and others empowerment to expand and act:

http://www.theroot.com/neo-confederate-group-asks-able-bodied-traditionalist-1792245444

You all know, right, the the federal Justice Department was formed by Grant during his presidency to knock out the KKK . . . .

So, of course, They make up a civil rights advocacy credential for Thomas Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/the-fiction-of-jeff-sessions-civil-rights-champion/516237/

3 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

I liked his page but can't get it to come up. I guess I fail at FB, would you mind transcribing when you have the time?  Thank you.

I think it is this message:

Hispanic Caucus leaders ask to meet with ICE director over raids

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/immigration-raids-hispanic-caucus-ice-director-234929

“This reminds me of the run-up to Iran- Contra.”

The person offering that gloomy observation was a veteran of many years in and around the US defense community. Unusually for a person with such a background, he had been a Trump supporter even during the Republican primaries. Now, though, he was worried. The new National Security Council leadership was taking form—and he feared he saw history repeating itself.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/michael-flynns-disaster/516285/

Michael Flynn's Debacle
Trump’s national security adviser’s potentially false statements about his pre-inauguration contacts with Russian officials are a major scandal.

Archived