Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If that is true, that would for certain be a 'big twist'.  I would guess that  means in the books that there is no romance, only an alliance.  I'm still not sure that this leak is going to be true, but Jon going back North for a life of doom and sacrifice, sounds like GRRM idea of 'bittersweet', so maybe.  The reason I give this credence is that it appeared to be part of the same leak from the leakers who leaked the stuff that we saw the clips on...so that makes it more credible, otherwise I would think its too bat shit to happen, which it still may be.  Who can say anymore with this dumb show.

The oldest leaker who has been proven right through the first 3 episodes also mentions Jon killing Dany. Im more referencing him. Part of his leak is posted on Page 139 of this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Sansa marries Harry Strickland to get the GC on her side? Perfect! We can say it’s an adaptation of her Winds plot by marrying someone called Harry! :lol:

Hey, where's that Strickland is FAegon poster?  :cheers:

Now THAT'S a Sansa Marriage Strike!!  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

Several of us were wondering what implications the show could have for the plot of the books? :lol: If you're not interested in that don't get involved in the discussion? There's no need to get pedantic about it.

That's a hilarious criticism of someone who is interested only the HBO series, from someone who is ALL about books (that don't exist and very likely never shall exist!), so they are entirely irrelevant.

Pedant:

someone who's too concerned with literal accuracy or formality. It's a negative term that implies someone is showing off book learning or trivia, especially in a tiresome way..

7 minutes ago, Nic. said:

So it is fair to guess that the last thing that shocked D&D from what they were told by GRRM is Jon killing Dany 

I could see this being a thing in the books, but happening in a different way.

I think the main stupidity of all of this for me is that in the show Bran is right there and he can see everything - so no-one on Team Dany should ever be taken by surprise by anything.  Having him with Jon and Dany should mean there can't be surprises like this (unless Bran has another motive in keeping his info to himself).  I'm still of the view that Bran stays in the cave in the books for this very reason - an omniscient character causes too many problems.

2 minutes ago, Nic. said:

So it is fair to guess that the last thing that shocked D&D from what they were told by GRRM is Jon killing Dany 

Only if one was under the impression that GRRM writes romance stories complete with HEA endings. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

The Jonsas have been mighty quiet too. 

LOLOL  I've been wondering.  I still go with Jon depressed alone is better than that Jonsa stuff, though. 

Just now, Xemi said:

He's now saying that Tyrion will sit the IT.

So now Tyrion is doomed for sure.

LOL  Maybe we should wait and see how the lastest Sansa Marriage Strike goes.  They are more successful, it seems, than dragons. 

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The Jonsas have been mighty quiet too. 

Yeah those threads were really annoying especially since they kept arguing that there’s foreshadowing for Jonsa in the books, which clearly there isn’t. The ordering of chapters in the books was one of their arguments. 

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I could see this being a thing in the books, but happening in a different way.

I think the main stupidity of all of this for me is that in the show Bran is right there and he can see everything - so no-one on Team Dany should ever be taken by surprise by anything.  Having him with Jon and Dany should mean there can't be surprises like this (unless Bran has another motive in keeping his info to himself).  I'm still of the view that Bran stays in the cave in the books for this very reason - an omniscient character causes too many problems.

I agree, I initially was relieved that he would come out of the cave, but as the show has gone on, it's obvious that can't happen, he might, might come back to WF at the very end, after whatever magic exists is gone and he's just a regular person again...but no way will he be in the weirwood net around other characters who repeatedly fail to ask him pertinent questions of life or death.

This is the leak a lot of people are talking about.

• Euron's fleet take down Rhaegal True, but Rhaegals death was leaked previously.

• Jame betrays the North and Missande is captured.  Unknown, and Missande may have not been captured, but sent to negotiate, we will see.

• Dany's army captures Jaime and Brienne can't reason with him Unknown

• Sansa tells Tyrion that Jon is a Targaryen and he tells Varys. Vary's betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better King. Unknown

• Cersei has Missandei executed True, but also was leaked previously.

• Dany has Vary's executed and Dany assaults Kings landing in a one sided fight Unkown

• Tyrion ask her to show mercy, Dany refuses. Tyrion frees Jaime and try to get Cersei out of the city. Unknown

• Drgon burns Kings landing and Euron's fleet Unkown, but this seems an obvious guess

• Cleganebowl, they both die. Unknown

• Jaime fights Euron and kills him but is mortally wounded in exchange. Unknown

• Jame makes it to Cersei and they die together. Leaked previously

• Dany starts executing everyone in Kings landing (Tyrion and Jon are upset) Unknown

• Dany has Tyrion executed for freeing his brother Unknown

• Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Dany. His family will never be safe because it threatens Dany's legitimacy Unknown

• Jon tries to talk to Dany but she ignores him thinkig she is justified. Unknown

• Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and to turn Jon against her. Contradicts Friki which says Tyrion betrays the Starks

• Sansa will betray Tyrion at the end despite promising to rule together. Contradicts Friki which says Tyrion betrays the Starks

• Jon's outcome is uncertain: new Nights Watch or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show. Unknown

Speaking of Sansa. As there is nothing concrete about her regarding the next 2 episodes, I'm guessing she will stay North and do...something there? Which would explain why Sophie seemed among those in the main cast who shot the least for S8. The focus on the North is done, now everything takes place in the South. And I'm guessing she will take stock of the North and possibly start rebuilding there. Even though that makes no sense as it's freaking Winter. Which also begs the question why Jon send Ghost with Tormund back North (why did Tormund go south anyway only to then turn back north?) instead of leaving him with Sansa in the first place.

Just now, teej6 said:

Yeah those threads were really annoying especially since they kept arguing that’s there foreshadowing for Jonsa in the books, which clearly there isn’t. The ordering of chapters in the books was one if their arguments. 

Not saying it's relevant in any Jonsa argument, but it is relevant sometimes. After Arya meets Sam in Braavos, every Sam chapter has an Arya chapter before or after and now Sam's arch includes maybe-Jaqen. Obvi nothing romantic there, though. 

2 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Which also begs the question why Jon send Ghost with Tormund back North

That's not confirmed yet, I personally hope it doesn't happen because it would be dumb.

12 minutes ago, Nic. said:

Dany turning nuts and going all fire and blood has been debated over and over on this site. There are many posters (some not active anymore) on the Book Forum who’s been making this argument for a long time. After Dany’s last chapter in ADWD with “a dragon plants no trees” the argument for Dany going all fire and blood became even more stronger. So  Dany turning nuts should not surprise D&D. As to Jon killing her, I don’t know. If Dany becomes an unstoppable force of destruction to Westeros who better to kill her than the other central character of the story. Again, D&D’s version of how events transpire to get to this end will be very different from how GRRM does it (that is, if the books also ends this way).

6 minutes ago, longest night said:

This is the leak a lot of people talking about.

• Euron's fleet take down Rhaegal True, but Rhaegals death was leaked previously.

• Jame betrays the North and Missande is captured. Missandei is not captured, she was sent to negotiate

• Dany's army captures Jaime and Brienne can't reason with him Unknown

• Sansa tells Tyrion that Jon is a Targaryen and he tells Varys. Vary's betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better King. Unknown

• Cersei has Missandei executed True, but also was leaked previously.

• Dany has Vary's executed and Dany assaults Kings landing in a one sided fight Unkown

• Tyrion ask her to show mercy, Dany refuses. Tyrion frees Jaime and try to get Cersei out of the city. Unknown

• Drgon burns Kings landing and Euron's fleet Unkown, but this seems an obvious guess

• Cleganebowl, they both die. Unknown

• Jaime fights Euron and kills him but is mortally wounded in exchange. Unknown

• Jame makes it to Cersei and they die together. Leaked previously

• Dany starts executing everyone in Kings landing (Tyrion and Jon are upset) Unknown

• Dany has Tyrion executed for freeing his brother Unknown

• Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Dany. His family will never be safe because it threatens Dany's legitimacy Unknown

• Jon tries to talk to Dany but she ignores him thinkig she is justified. Unknown

• Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and to turn Jon against her. Contradicts Friki which says Tyrion betrays the Starks

• Sansa will betray Tyrion at the end despite promising to rule together. Contradicts Friki which says Tyrion betrays the Starks

• Jon's outcome is uncertain: new Nights Watch or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show. Unknown

This one is probably just fanfic mixed in with some other leaks. Tyrion does a lot after being executed xD

1 minute ago, teej6 said:

Dany turning nuts and going all fire and blood has been debated over and over on this site. There are many posters (some not active anymore) on the Book Forum who’s been making this argument for a long time. After Dany’s last chapter in ADWD with “a dragon plants no trees” the argument for Dany going all fire and blood became even more stronger. So  Dany turning nuts should not surprise D&D. As to Jon killing her, I don’t know. If Dany becomes an unstoppable force of destruction to Westeros who better to kill her than the other central character of the story. Again, D&D’s version of how events transpire to get to this end will be very different from how GRRM does it (that is, if the books also ends this way).

You are talking about the same people who were shocked by Shireen's burning when many people argued it would happen as well. Theres far more evidence for that in the books than Jon killing Dany.

3 minutes ago, teej6 said:

The burning of Shireen was also heavily foreshadowed.

Not mine, but a twitter reply I read regarding Kit's interview hyping episode 4 and it having a shakespearean twist:

"We hope for Hamlet, but get Titus Andronicus." :lmao:

(Though admittedly, I actually like that morbid play, for some weird reason)

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree, I initially was relieved that he would come out of the cave, but as the show has gone on, it's obvious that can't happen, he might, might come back to WF at the very end, after whatever magic exists is gone and he's just a regular person again...but no way will he be in the weirwood net around other characters who repeatedly fail to ask him pertinent questions of life or death.

Really, Bran is the Little Exposition Engine That Couldn't at this point.  Ughhhhhh   That cave scares me for him forever, but no, I don't see him being all up in everyone's business and doing nothing but making troll remarks.  Bless Isaac, though, he's getting good at being a creepy little shit.  :lmao:

Archived