Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Who is she regent for then, if she's regent? 

She is a regent in the books, obviously, where the story derives from. In the books, there is no way her word would carry the same weight as Aerys's in any circumstance, therefore killing her to prevent her from giving a mad order doesn't really make sense.

38 minutes ago, T and A said:

If what the show is presenting as an "outline" by GRRM, is even remotely from GRRM (even say 10%), this series is not worth reading further. That might explain, why he struggles with finishing it.

I suspect it’s not the general outline that will be bad, it’s the execution by D&D. They switched around characters (chosen based on actors/characters they liked rather than how it fit the overall story), storylines to get to the final outcome and thought it would still be coherent and make sense. But of course they were wrong, and completely failed in telling a compelling story. 

So, I don’t think how GRRM ends the story will be disappointing because it makes no sense, but rather it maybe disappointing to some readers because many of their favorite characters will not get the ending they hoped for. The fact that GRRM is a very slow writer and readers have been debating the books for years and have become entrenched and sometimes downright fanatical in the way they want the story to end will be one of the reasons why the final book may end up being a let down to many readers.

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Another spoiler from the people who leaked the videos and images:

So Arya leaves Winterfell, and we don't see her until a later episode in KL.  And Tormund takes Ghost and goes North (to the real North)

I'm all for Ghost leaving this shit-show so D&D can't slaughter him needlessly.

1 hour ago, teej6 said:

Euron will be disturbingly terrifying in the books I hope. The sample chapter was weird as hell. In the show he’s a cartoon villain.

I'm excited for Book!Euron's arc.  Loved The Forsaken chapter.  Show!Urine is stupid.

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

No, the entire point is that Tyrion is the obvious decoy that Cersei expects throughout AFFC while at the same time her relationship with Jaime is breaking down. It's supposed to be ironic, and not a shock for the sake of shocks. Victarion, Euron, Arya, Jon, Daenerys... none of these people contribute as much to her arc or mean anything to her character compared to Jaime. 

Frankly, I'd be really disappointed if the Valonqar is anyone other than Jaime.  Cersei believes it will be Tyrion; Jaime would be immensely satisfying.

28 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yeah I also always felt that Cersei was making her prophecy actually happen while focusing on it entirely and with her paranoia trying to prevent it. Mel does something similar with her shadowbaby to kill Renly, only to have his "ghost" appear at the Battle of the Blackwater.

YUP, and these are the type of things that make prophecy tricky, not mistaking Arya for AZOR AHAI, LOL 

5 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

She is a regent in the books, obviously, where the story derives from. In the books, there is no way her word would carry the same weight as Aerys's in any circumstance, therefore killing her to prevent her from giving a mad order doesn't really make sense.

BUT! we are discussing here, in this forum, as it is so titled, the HBO series, not the books, and most particularly not books that aren't written.  :laugh:

Why aren't you discussing the books in the books forum?  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, T and A said:

It may be, though, that there are only leaks for the next episode, and all the other leaks are fake. It is what happens often. They use legit leaks and put fanfic in the rest. 

That's possible with the leaks that popped out recently, but there are leaks that predicted things corrctly months in advance, like Arya killing the NK and the NK killing Theon. That same leaks also says Jon kills Dany.

4 minutes ago, T and A said:

It may be, though, that there are only leaks for the next episode, and all the other leaks are fake. It is what happens often. They use legit leaks and put fanfic in the rest. 

There are definitely legit leaks considering some of these were posted months ago and have been right so far. You dont just guess fire breathing out of a dragons neck or both Missandei being decapitated by the mountain with rheagal being killed by euron at the same time. From those we know for sure Jon now kills Dany.  Problem with both those two leakers is that neither really mentions who rules the IT or if there even is one.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

BUT! we are discussing here, in this forum, as it is so titled, the HBO series, not the books, and most particularly not books that aren't written.  :laugh:

Why aren't you discussing the books in the books forum?  :dunno:

Several of us were wondering what implications the show could have for the plot of the books? :lol: If you're not interested in that don't get involved in the discussion? There's no need to get pedantic about it.

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

YUP, and these are the type of things that make prophecy tricky, not mistaking Arya for AZOR AHAI, LOL 

Exactly!

BTW these leaks about "Urine" at Dragonstone with a fleet, etc... This whole thing seems like some plotzee again: Show-Euron = watered book-Euron + Aurane Waters (book Cersei wanted to sleep with, but didn't) + Loras Tyrell (allegedly taking dragonstone off-page in aFfC and being burned).

25 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I read a possible spoiler about Sansa meeting with the Iron Bank.  Maybe she gets the GC to break their contract and switch sides.   That would be a twist.

Sansa does Sansa Marriage Strikes, not bank loans and negotiations, LOL 

Sorry, I  needed that laugh. 

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Exactly!

BTW these leaks about "Urine" at Dragonstone with a fleet, etc... This whole thing seems like some plotzee again: Show-Euron = watered book-Euron + Aurane Waters (book Cersei wanted to sleep with, but didn't) + Loras Tyrell (allegedly taking dragonstone off-page in aFfC and being burned).

He's probably Moon Boy too, for all we know...

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Sansa does Sansa Marriage Strikes, not bank loans and negotiations, LOL 

Sorry, I  needed that laugh. 

Sansa marries Harry Strickland to get the GC on her side? Perfect! We can say it’s an adaptation of her Winds plot by marrying someone called Harry! :lol:

Just now, Nic. said:

So it is fair to guess that the last thing that shocked D&D from what they were told by GRMM is Jon killing Dany 

If that is true, that would for certain be a 'big twist'.  I would guess that  means in the books that there is no romance, only an alliance.  I'm still not sure that this leak is going to be true, but Jon going back North for a life of doom and sacrifice, sounds like GRRM idea of 'bittersweet', so maybe.  The reason I give this credence is that it appeared to be part of the same leak from the leakers who leaked the stuff that we saw the clips on...so that makes it more credible, otherwise I would think its too bat shit to happen, which it still may be.  Who can say anymore with this dumb show.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

If that is true, that would for certain be a 'big twist'.  I would guess that  means in the books that there is no romance, only an alliance.  I'm still not sure that this leak is going to be true, but Jon going back North for a life of doom and sacrifice, sounds like GRRM idea of 'bittersweet', so maybe.  The reason I give this credence is that it appeared to be part of the same leak from the leakers who leaked the stuff that we saw the clips on...so that makes it more credible, otherwise I would think its too bat shit to happen, which it still may be.  Who can say anymore with this dumb show.

That leak shared a lot with other leaks that preceded it. It just added stuff. It also contradicts other leaks in places.

5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Exactly!

It looks to me that the Ds skimmed Fire and Blood, or actually, The Princess and The Queen, forgetting any military tactics though, just to use the fleet that no one looks for to take a dragon out of the sky easily.  So yeah, a bit of plotzee but I can see where it came from. 

Archived