NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Dammit PQJ.  I’m sitting here at IHOP eating my berry waffles with bacon... it’s too early in the morning for me to process that rant.

Publish your homoerotica in the afternoon!

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jim Irsay Tells Tony Dungy That Luck's Injury is Inside His Head...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Always willing to pounce on an ambiguity, I'll say that there's probably a good chance Luck's injury is in Irsay's head. Or even Dungy's.

6 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How are we dressed?

edit: I'm betting Many's wearing Bermuda shorts and a wife-beater, and Tywin's got skinny jeans and a hipster vest.

Well you're half right. I own a fuckton of Bermuda/Cargo shorts, and if I'm not at work, I'm likely wearing a pair. Don't own a wife beater though. More likely a comicbook or videogame themed t-shirt. 

51 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How are we dressed?

edit: I'm betting Many's wearing Bermuda shorts and a wife-beater, and Tywin's got skinny jeans and a hipster vest.

I don’t think I’ve ever worn skinny jeans. I’ve got running back legs, and I don’t want to intimidate you guys too much with my bulge.

Also, I’ve got ME in a lawn chair shotgunning cheap beer. And she might not be wearing one now, but Jace absolutely had a trucker hat phase.

38 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You're not.

I always knew you were the lecherous type…

55 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How are we dressed?

I feel like Tywin's more likely to dress prep than hipster... could be wrong though 

(As far as hipster attire goes... guilty here)

Also, it appears that Teddy will be activated and Bradford will likely go on IR. I’m going to be so terrified if and when Teddy takes his first hit. And if anybody goes low on him in Minnesota, they better leave the state immediately afterwards. Gotta feel bad for Sam too. He might have had his best game ever to start the season, and at the end of it his career could be over.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, it appears that Teddy will be activated and Bradford will likely go on IR. I’m going to be so terrified if and when Teddy takes his first hit. And if anybody goes low on him in Minnesota, they better leave the state immediately afterwards. Gotta feel bad for Sam too. He might have had his best game ever to start the season, and at the end of it his career could be over.

Do you have any inclination that they will actually start Bridgewater right away? *Asking "for a friend" in my money league* ;)

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Do you have any inclination that they will actually start Bridgewater right away? *Asking "for a friend" in my money league* ;)

I doubt it. He’ll probably just back Case up for now and if Case goes down or drops a few games in a row then he might play. You got to keep in mind that he had one of the worst injuries possible and hasn’t played for a season and a half, so even if he does play it’s unlikely that he’ll be a FF stud, not that he ever was before. I still can’t believe that he’s even able to play. I thought for sure that his career was over.

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I doubt it. He’ll probably just back Case up for now and if Case goes down or drops a few games in a row then he might play. You got to keep in mind that he had one of the worst injuries possible and hasn’t played for a season and a half, so even if he does play it’s unlikely that he’ll be a FF stud, not that he ever was before. I still can’t believe that he’s even able to play. I thought for sure that his career was over.

Looking for a back up QB. Rivers has been pretty horrid, but thankfully I've only had to use him once. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Looking for a back up QB. Rivers has been pretty horrid, but thankfully I've only had to use him once. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

He's been OK for me. Hunting for backup QBs in the expanded leagues is a nightmare. Never in a million years would I thought that I could be excited to pick up Savage on the waiver wire.

God I miss you Deshaun. (Damn why don't I have a crying emoji?) I had him in 5 of the 7 leagues I'm in, including a sweet deal in Dynasty. All of the sudden having Carr and Watson locked up for a combined $15 isn't looking so hot. 

@Tywin et al.   @Manhole Eunuchsbane   @Maithanet   @IamMe90   @Jaime L  @Kalbear   @Whiskeyjack   @Howdyphillip

An oppressive air seemed to strain against the confines of a grand and imperial throne room as Kal made his way towards the Pony Goddess.

On a lone bench she lounged, the one from whom power flowed in this poisoned world he was revisiting. Narrow beams of sunlight sliced through the dim, framing the Goddess where she meted her determination into practice. Surrounding the barrier of illumination was a menagerie in gold. Lions, snarling on breaks of onyx the size of a man. Birds with fluttering wings that whistled through unseen artifices, and a flock of herons poised to take flight in the small running stream that cut around the Goddess' feet.

Around her was the riches of an empire, an altar to her singular achievements. The Goddess herself was surrounded by the softest of purples, an intricate collage of silk that seemed part whisper and part dream. This, Kal realized as he approached, was where men were broken. 

How many? He wondered to himself, glancing at the thralls strewn around this Goddess' shrine. They pranced and giggled for their mistress' pleasure, these wrecks of men. There, one he'd known well. A Washington fan from his past, once one of the brightest accountants in the world he now danced sensually before the deity clad in only a single folded golden leaf. Elsewhere were those who were familiar as well. All of them had once been known to him. The two gimps frolicking in the fake stream were certainly the last to have offered her real challenge. Their fate to always be the least of her slaves.  The collection of giggling eunuchs at her feet were all that remained of those who had fallen quickly. For their quick deference they were granted the gift of hearing the great one's voice, and the Sun's Daughter was even known to allow her favored thrall to occasionally glance at her hand or foot as she received dignitaries.

He put the slaves out of his mind, better to stay focused in such a dangerous place.

Stopping at the water that separated him from the radiant entity Kal offered a generous bow before looking the otherworldly creature in the eye.

"Your Magnificence, I com---"

A motley clad figure danced towards the throne from a hidden passage, its flirty voice cutting him off. "Oh, who does the mortal be that would speak without addressing me?"

Kal hesitated, his allies had not prepared him for this. "My... friend." He tried to smile at the fool. "Forgive me if I've offended, I only wished to converse with your mistress."

The creature smoothly leaned into a backwards cartwheel that brought it to it's expressionless Queen's side singing all the while "A Kal, a Kal! Everyone listen now!" Illuminated perfectly by the overhead rays of light the creature rhythmically prostrated itself before the throne. "He's come from far, his eyes are wide.

I want to see where his honor resides!"

Impatient, Kal stepped to the very edge of the stream and said directly to the Pony Goddess "I seek an audience with your greatness to bargain for Phillips' life." An eyebrow arched beautifully on her expressionless face as she held his gaze. A twitch of her thumb set the fool to singing again.

"A gift he wants, the defective detective!

Doesn't he know the goddess is selective?

Only the best of servants around her

Unwanteds and rejects in the water flounder..."

Kal broke eye contact for a bare heartbeat to glance at the submissive jester that had still not risen. Was he expected to communicate through this mouthpiece? "Excellency, I seek no conflict with your Infinence. Humbly, I ask the release of my friend. He too has long turned from your domain, would it not serve everyone to see him freed?"

As he returned his gaze to the Endless Radiance before him Kal had to fight not to recoil. The ageless face was as passionless as ever, the eyebrow still so tantalizingly arched, but where before he would have sworn blue eyes cut the light between him now were only pools of the darkest purple.

"He came to see, he came to SHE"

The guileless worms about the room seemed to wilt as the fool's words reverberated through the room. Kal blinked furiously to clear the darkness pressing in on his vision, unable to turn his eyes from the midnight truth before him.

"I-- I would see the Cowboy freed, ma'am" Kal's voice sounded faint and distant as the words circled across the fractured shards of reality that separated him from a monument to Eternity.

Soft as a whisper the certainty caressed him that HowdyPhililp had never sought freedom. He had not been taken, he had gone. Into the ruins of his ravaged being the Goddess pressed home the knowledge that Kal had never sought Phillip, he had sought servility.

With every beat of his panicked heart Kal found new depths of serenity in gaping maw of immeasurability that was his keeper.

Long past were thoughts of independence. Much easier he found it, to exist by his Mistress' whim. A dedication to pleasure, he lived endlessly in her presence.

Archived