AncalagonTheBlack

Upcoming TV Series of 2018 - Your most anticipated shows

On 11/11/2018 at 5:38 AM, red snow said:

These all look good. One of the great things about Netflix is how they've opened up the world to worldwide entertainment. Not just by making it easy to access but by promoting the shows too. 

After playing undead redemption with cowboys and zombies I'm surprised there aren't more historical zombie stories around. Kingdom looks like a good addition.

The dogs of Berlin is well timed with Turkish organised crime constantly being in Berlin news along with Berlin political corruption and controversies over German football players meeting with erdogan. This looks like a timely mash up and as long as it is even handed and not too "good Vs bad" could be a good show.

It's sort of ridiculous how I initially thought "it's in polish" when I'm watching all these other shows with subtitles (although I can barely grasp German ones). 

I'm struggling with man in high castle and the "what if ww2 went differently" genre lately (there was a BBC one that I only managed one episode of). But I do like the 80s setting particularly with a spy/cold war backdrop.

Looks like I need to add some more reminders on Netflix

Thanks for putting this up.  I'll definitely give it a try.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, Astromech said:

Of course, I'll, be watching s5 of The Vikings. As sharply as it has plummeted in quality, I still watch it. Can't wait to gripe about it in the forum thread :) 

For you!  

Kris Holden-Reid has a part (as a viking) this mid-season.  As he's one of my all-time favorite actors to watch, ever since The Tudors and Lost Girl, I may have to watch anyway.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:21 AM, Astromech said:

Of course, I'll, be watching s5 of The Vikings. As sharply as it has plummeted in quality, I still watch it. Can't wait to gripe about it in the forum thread :) 

You and me both.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

For you!  

Kris Holden-Reid has a part (as a viking) this mid-season.  As he's one of my all-time favorite actors to watch, ever since The Tudors and Lost Girl, I may have to watch anyway.

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

You and me both.

Haha, it looks like this season will center primarily around Kattegatt. Uh oh! That has been one of the worst arcs in recent seasons.

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS Season 3 Teaser

The Truth About Killer Robots | HBO

Engineers, factory workers, journalists, philosophers and Isaac Asimov (Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics) share cautionary tales of a world controlled by artificial intelligence. Directed by Maxim Pozdorovkin. Premieres Nov 26 at 10PM on HBO.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE GAUNTLET Official Trailer (HD) Netflix Series

On 11/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, BigFatCoward said:

New Attenborough this Sunday on BBC. 5 parter with each episode devoted to one animal. First episode is chimps. 

This looks very good, will check that.

The Netflix series is the one they've been working many years on, Netflix's "Planet Earth".