2 Questions

Darth Sidious

13 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:
  1. I know I always hated Jon.  From his first chapters in Game.

7 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Seriously lol? I Don't think he's perfect but I honestly can't understand how anyone could hate the guy. 

He had 1 or 2 chaps in GoT where he might have seemed a angsty snobish youth but he grew out of it pretty quickly...

Moiraine obviously always wanted to make a pair of gloves with ghost...

1. No idea. I love Jon as a character anyway and enjoyed his plot in A Dance with Dragons a lot. :dunno:

2. I'm pretty 50-50 on it. Due to the Blackfyres being presented as a frequent threat to the Targaryens up until the War of the Ninepenny Kings when they were supposedly wiped out it does feel as though we are "missing" some sort of secret Blackfyre. I think that would be more interesting than him being a "Vanilla" Aegon. Yet I don't mind if he is just simply what it says on the tin. Especially of Jon is his little half-brother; I'd love to see them interact just for the novelty of it.

30 minutes ago, Faera said:

1. No idea. I love Jon as a character anyway and enjoyed his plot in A Dance with Dragons a lot. :dunno:

2. I'm pretty 50-50 on it. Due to the Blackfyres being presented as a frequent threat to the Targaryens up until the War of the Ninepenny Kings when they were supposedly wiped out it does feel as though we are "missing" some sort of secret Blackfyre. I think that would be more interesting than him being a "Vanilla" Aegon. Yet I don't mind if he is just simply what it says on the tin. Especially of Jon is his little half-brother; I'd love to see them interact just for the novelty of it.

I think if he is the result of a blackfyre plot it would make the next egg book(s) more interesting. From a comercial and literary pov it makes sense. Like having the old dance with dragons told in the fire and blood series and some balckfyre rebellions in egg.

1 hour ago, Agent Orange said:
  1. How much was Jon hated before A Dance with Dragons?
  2. Do you believe Aegon is the real deal or an innocent pretender?

Really I don't see there being hate for Jon in general. I think ADWD showed him to be selfish and incompetent at times but I think hardly anyone hates him after reading the story.

25 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

Hated by whom ? By the watch or the readers ?

Aegon is the real deal Holyfield . I  came to that conclusion from the Order of the Green Hand . When Ned is having his fever dream and he tells King's Guard that he looked for them at the Trident , and the White Bull's response Far away .

Jon was OK.   Not bad, just young. 

Aegon would be really interesting if the real deal.   Even so, Dany's got the ultimate proof of her heritage and power.   That renders other Targs pretty useless regardless of their heritage and power. 

15 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Jon was OK.   Not bad, just young. 

Aegon would be really interesting if the real deal.   Even so, Dany's got the ultimate proof of her heritage and power.   That renders other Targs pretty useless regardless of their heritage and power. 

Actually they'd still be important to Daenarys at least if she believes them; because she is in need of succesore should she take the throne.

3 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Okay, let's see.  I can only speak for myself as I don't want to make assumptions about other readers.   I started reading the books in 2009 and I have hated Jon since.  I think it started when he left Castle Black to join the Stark rebellion.  His chapters were always boring but it was at that moment when I really started to dislike Jon.  I mean, just look at my forum nickname, Wolf's Bane.  That should tell you.

Aegon is fake.  Some say he's a Blackfyre.  The age isn't right and the reddish blonde whiskers is not right.  I don't think he knows it.

1 hour ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

Hated by whom ? By the watch or the readers ?

Aegon is the real deal Holyfield . I  came to that conclusion from the Order of the Green Hand . When Ned is having his fever dream and he tells King's Guard that he looked for them at the Trident , and the White Bull's response Far away .

R+L=A is possible, but his reddish blonde hair color and his age is not the right age for him to be R+E..  Even R+L=A is pushing it, because his hair would be dark in most cases.  Though, I must admit, The Order of the Greenhand gave a very compelling argument. 

1 - I didn't hate Jon at first but I wasn't all that interested in his chapters at first either. His story arc is kind of a slow burn but he is also the unexpected character. Lik he's a bastard but he's an unexpected hero of the NW, he's an unexpected LC, if RLJ then he's an unexpected Targaryen. Where as Daenarys is the obvious heir to the throne, she's the obvious Targaryen, she has obviously fulfilled the AA prophecy.

ADWD - I tend to disagree with others interpretation of Jon's character in ADWD I actually think that he was at his most intelligent and component. The NW has been dwindling for the last hundred yrs and what little men they had starving and he was able to get food and provisions for the men under his command and got gold an hostages from the Wildlings in order to start a peace treaty. 

2- I think he's fake but I kinda hope he's real. I would love for Jon and Aegon to meet and realize that they're brother's. I would also love it if they met and both of them slowly realized that they had been lied to their entire lives.       

4 minutes ago, Wolf's Bane said:

R+L=A is possible, but his reddish blonde hair color and his age is not the right age for him to be R+E..  Even R+L=A is pushing it, because his hair would be dark in most cases.  Though, I must admit, The Order of the Greenhand gave a very compelling argument. 

What is this Aegon has reddish blonde hair that you speak of? I honestly cannot remember in the books that Aegon/fAegon has reddish blonde hair. 

Archived