Match Day 5: Sweden v South Korea; Belgium v Panama; Tunisia v Engerland

1 minute ago, I am Zlatan said:

Agree Walker looks uncomfortable at CB but that was never a penalty, especially when rugby tackling Kane is allowed.

Come on, it was stonewall.

The Kane one too, of course, but let's not be silly just coz the refs are.

Bit of a rubbish second half from England but overall they did deserve the win.

Loftus-Cheek was decent when he came on, probably should have been on earlier. Young as a right footed left wingback is a waste of time, there's just no width on the left. Hopefully Rose plays in the next game.

And that’s why Harry Kane shouldn’t ever be taking the corners.  Although why they wouldn’t mark him is a mystery.

English commentary/punditry is just as annoying as ever.

England looked a lot better in the first half when Tunisia were actually having a go. When they tried to shut up shop, it looked frustrating for England. But they persisted and got the winner.

They also looked good from set pieces, but I don’t know if that was down to them or down to how poor Tunisia were at defending them.

Maybe Southgate should consider starting Vardy upfront with Kane. If Kane doesn't score, it's hard to see where a goal might come from in open play - set pieces would be the best bet like today. Sterling and Lingard do a lot of running and have good off the ball movement but their finishing is erratic to put it mildly. Need another proper goal scorer up top.

Sure. I'm not dead set on Vardy, just someone who can take some of the goal scoring burden off of Kane. I only mentioned Vardy because, after Kane, he has been the most reliable goal scorer England have these past few seasons. Plus, I'd expect England might have to rely a bit more on counter-attacking in the latter stages. 

45 minutes ago, Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi said:

Sure. I'm not dead set on Vardy, just someone who can take some of the goal scoring burden off of Kane. I only mentioned Vardy because, after Kane, he has been the most reliable goal scorer England have these past few seasons. Plus, I'd expect England might have to rely a bit more on counter-attacking in the latter stages. 

Why are you trying to steal goals from Kane? All you need is Kane, baby! 

My daughter woke me up early this morning, so I ended up seeing the end of the Britannia versus Carthage match.

My thought process for the past ten minutes was:

Another draw? Surely not? Shame, England isn't playing too badly. It's not like them to disappoint their fans, though - oh wait, yes it is. :) Oh well, here's to a nice outcome anyway, cheers all - GOOOOAAAAAL! Nicely played, old chaps!

3 hours ago, Jordan La Cabra said:

Contender for save of the tournament from the Tunisia ‘keeper from Stones’ header, before Kane rebounded the ball into the net.

That really was a neat piece of work that save from the youngster, especially given his arm was knackered. Unfortunately/fortunately Harry Kane's superpower is being in the right place at the right time to poach exactly those sorts of opportunities.

Archived