US politics: No sub rosa Omarosa

IheartIheartTesla

2 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

He won’t step down. Your best hope on that front is that he claims he’s achieved all his goals, was the greatest president ever and doesn’t need a second term like the rest of those loser presidents.

Basically yeah.  That or he'll be the gallant loser.  "I tried, I really tried but the swamp is too blah, blah.  I'll never stop fighting to make america great.  Space Force!"

These are all from this morning.  It's like he's live blogging fox and friends.  I also suspect he didn't write all of these

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/latest-crazed-tweets-indicates-trump

7 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

It still doesn’t seem like he’s been behaving all that professionally, even if this is his usual style. I get not wanting the trial to drag on forever, but he’s seemed fairly biased against the prosecution.

I mean, that's what it looks like when we get selective quotes from reporters following along though those same reporters have said it's not out of the ordinary for him so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Basically yeah.  That or he'll be the gallant loser.  "I tried, I really tried but the swamp is too blah, blah.  I'll never stop fighting to make america great.  Space Force!"

These are all from this morning.  It's like he's live blogging fox and friends.  I also suspect he didn't write all of these

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/latest-crazed-tweets-indicates-trump

"When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!"

Someone should tell Trump that the motherfucking White House is not the place where charity jobs should be handed out to give crazed lowlifes a break.  

1 minute ago, S John said:

"When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!"

Someone should tell Trump that the motherfucking White House is not the place where charity jobs should be handed out to give crazed lowlifes a break.  

Someone should tell Trump that his words aren't backed by his actions considering he's on tape not even knowing she was fired and saying it was bad.

Just now, Mexal said:

Someone should tell Trump that his words aren't backed by his actions considering he's on tape not even knowing she was fired and saying it was bad.

Ehh, I think that tape shows more how much of a coward Trump is, he doesn’t like to fire people face to face despite his reality TV rep. To me, he really sounded unconvincing, like he was trying to show support despite knowing exactly what happened.

6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ehh, I think that tape shows more how much of a coward Trump is, he doesn’t like to fire people face to face despite his reality TV rep. To me, he really sounded unconvincing, like he was trying to show support despite knowing exactly what happened.

This was my impression too.  He was like oh, wow, man, thats terrible, I had no idea!  

Coming from the guy who could clearly un-fire her if he really wanted to, to me it came off like a shallow attempt to shirk responsibility for firing her.  Though my overall position is that she had no business being there in the first place.

1 minute ago, S John said:

Though my overall position is that she had no business being there in the first place.

To this day it doesn't seem like anybody really knows what her job and responsibilities actually were.  Other than to be a token black person in the White House.

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

To this day it doesn't seem like anybody really knows what her job and responsibilities actually were.  Other than to be a token black person in the White House.

I think her job title was:

"Hey, hey, wait a minute, I can't be racist because would a racist hire OMAROSA?!  I don't think so!"

His only safety is never stepping down, which means no new elections, or purging everyone from the voter rolls that hasn't taken a personal loyalty oath to him.

I'm unclear about this but aren't many of the crimes Manafort's committed liable on a state rather than federal level, and thus not qualified for a federal pardon (not that this would stop the orange nazi from so declaring pardon if so moved, doubtless).

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

His only safety is never stepping down, which means no new elections, or purging everyone from the voter rolls that hasn't taken a personal loyalty oath to him.

I'm unclear about this but aren't many of the crimes Manafort's committed liable on a state rather than federal level, and thus not qualified for a federal pardon (not that this would stop the orange nazi from so declaring pardon if so moved, doubtless).

That would be huge.  He would need the American military’s personal loyalty guaranteed to hold power perminantely.  He doesn’t have that yet as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Not yet. The indictments have been filed in federal court but states should be eligible to prosecute if Trump pardons him. Not sure how it plays into the double jeopardy rules though.

Count me as another person who thinks the tape makes Trump look like he knew.

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Pretty much. KAC was vomiting all over herself trying to come up with the names of any black staffers they have.

Also, this is pretty funny. Conway’s husband loves to troll Trump. I wonder what those two are like behind closed doors:

51 minutes ago, S John said:

But what about Jared?

Please don't forget Jared....

7 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Count me as another person who thinks the tape makes Trump look like he knew.

Pretty much. KAC was vomiting all over herself trying to come up with the names of any black staffers they have.

Also, this is pretty funny. Conway’s husband loves to troll Trump. I wonder what those two are like behind closed doors:

Kellyanne Conway's husband is a disgusting piece of filth for being married to that Goebbels knockoff.

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Not yet. The indictments have been filed in federal court but states should be eligible to prosecute if Trump pardons him. Not sure how it plays into the double jeopardy rules though.

Under the plan, Mr. Schneiderman, a Democrat, seeks to exempt New York’s double jeopardy law from cases involving presidential pardons, according to the letter, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times. The current law and the concept of double jeopardy in general mean that a person cannot be tried for the same crime twice.

Right now, New York state law prevents people from being prosecuted more than once for crimes related to the same act, even if the original prosecution was in federal court. There are already a number of exceptions to the law, and the letter says that Mr. Schneiderman is proposing to add a new one that could be used if federal pardons are issued.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/nyregion/schneiderman-trump-mueller-pardons.html

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

He won’t step down. Your best hope on that front is that he claims he’s achieved all his goals, was the greatest president ever and doesn’t need a second term like the rest of those loser presidents.

And that only if we assume that him claiming victory over ISIS, and probably claiming victory for the trade wars he's starting, will be sufficient.

Archived