NFL 2019 Super Bowl: the restless shade of Mike Martz

DanteGabriel

19 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Flacco to the Broncos.

What did the residents of the Mile High City do to deserve this?

He's freakishly tall, big armed and not good at football. I'm imagine Elway is now celebrating with a 46 ounce steak and a Coors, shaking his head in wonderment that he found a guy who checked off all his boxes. 

14 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You and @Jaime L need to partner up for a comedy act. He set me up with a good chuckle and you fucking slayed me.

Same.

Although it's pretty low-hanging fruit.  Just the idea of trading for Joe Flacco makes me LOL.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Same.

Although it's pretty low-hanging fruit.  Just the idea of trading for Joe Flacco makes me LOL.

You guys laugh at Elway now, but when he trades for Matt Stafford in two years, you'll all be... Laughing at him again.

A 4th round pick is actually WAY too much to give up for him.  I think Antonio Brown is only worth a 3-4th rounder, and he actually has value.  Flacco has no value.  Have they confirmed it's one of the Broncos' two 4th rounders yet or is everyone still just assuming it is?

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

A 4th round pick is actually WAY too much to give up for him.  I think Antonio Brown is only worth a 3-4th rounder, and he actually has value.  Flacco has no value.  Have they confirmed it's one of the Broncos' two 4th rounders yet or is everyone still just assuming it is?

I don't think they can announce the exact details until the trade is finalized, so the 4th round pick is just the rumor based on Shefter's "mid round pick" comment. 

And I agree that a 4th round pick seems like too much for Flacco.  He has three more years of his contract and is grossly overpaid.  I think the Broncos just traded away a valuable pick in order to make their salary cap much worse.  And for what?  Even if Flacco plays as well as he ever has, that team is still nowhere near taking the division from the Chiefs and Chargers.  It's a very questionable move. 

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

And I agree that a 4th round pick seems like too much for Flacco.  He has three more years of his contract and is grossly overpaid.  I think the Broncos just traded away a valuable pick in order to make their salary cap much worse.  And for what?  Even if Flacco plays as well as he ever has, that team is still nowhere near taking the division from the Chiefs and Chargers.  It's a very questionable move. 

Antonio Brown is first round talent with a 50-cent head.  Flacco hasn't the talent but if nothing else, he's a role model with a history of winning and a great attitude.

The Broncos' cap situation seems pretty safe to me.  Especially without Keenum and Brandon Marshall.  Even better if they restructure Emmanuel Sanders.

35 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Antonio Brown is first round talent with a 50-cent head.  Flacco hasn't the talent but if nothing else, he's a role model with a history of winning and a great attitude.

The Broncos' cap situation seems pretty safe to me.  Especially without Keenum and Brandon Marshall.  Even better if they restructure Emmanuel Sanders.

A history of winning? The Ravens have a 47% win figure in his last 51 games.

I think you mean he has a history of being on a team that had like 5 All Pros and Hall of Famers at every level on defense.

59 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think you mean he has a history of being on a team that had like 5 All Pros and Hall of Famers at every level on defense.

History neither begins nor ends when YOU say it does.  His history is 163 games, not 51.

And yes, all you get from him is the knowledge of how winning teams play.  Not how he personally carried teams to victory.  This is valuable.

I really don't think his knowledge has any value at all.  Certainly not enough to pay him $18.5 million next year, and 20.25 and 24.25 the next two years - although it's important to emphasize the Broncos can release with no cap hit during the offseason(s).  You can find old vets with comparable experience for much cheaper.  Minimum wage, really.  And they can still play that roll in the locker room if you think that makes a difference (I'm not sure it does).

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Wait, are you saying the Ravens have been allowed to play with 30 guys on defense all this time? No wonder they've been so dominate. It sounds pretty savage, but that is the Jace's wont. 

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

I really don't think his knowledge has any value at all.  Certainly not enough to pay him $18.5 million next year, and 20.25 and 24.25 the next two years - although it's important to emphasize the Broncos can release with no cap hit during the offseason(s).  You can find old vets with comparable experience for much cheaper.  Minimum wage, really.  And they can still play that roll in the locker room if you think that makes a difference (I'm not sure it does).

Yeah, but you know what you can't easily find? A. Big. F*****g. ARM! Elway had one, and I'm sure watching Tebow and Peyton's noodle arms have severely scared him. He was having a PTSD moment when he placed the call for Flacco. 

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

History neither begins nor ends when YOU say it does.  His history is 163 games, not 51.

And yes, all you get from him is the knowledge of how winning teams play.  Not how he personally carried teams to victory.  This is valuable.

OkAAAAy

I'm sure Von Miller forgot how winning teams play. And Emmanuel Sanders. And Chris Harris Jr. And Derek Wolfe. 

Are you seriously suggesting Joe Flacco, who attended minicamp for the first time in fucking years only after the Ravens took a QB in the 1st to replace him, is some kind of leader of men who can transcribe a winning culture like Joe Montana or something?

Archived