NFL 2019 Super Bowl: the restless shade of Mike Martz

DanteGabriel

14 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The best explanation I can think of is power dynamic. He likes 'em to be cheap and miserable, so that he feels even bigger about his bank account.

That is certainly in play. More details came out last night and I think they only make this case even weirder. I also think we can conclude that this is not new for him. I mean, twice in 17 hours? And in such a nonchalant manner?  I know I’d be nervous as hell if it was my first time, or my tenth.

Also, in and out in 15 minutes?

5 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He went to Florida the morning of the AFC Championship literally halfway across the country for a reason.

That is (sadly) the strangest thing about this for me.  It's fine to say that some guys prefer cheap thrills over more high class options, even if they could easily afford either.  But making a special trip to Florida is very inconvenient.  Do they not have establishments like this in the entire Boston area (answer: yes, they do.  Of course they do)  I mean, maybe there's an appeal of the anonymity that someone like Kraft could get recognized in a cheap strip mall in Boston but maybe not in Florida, but still. 

The whole thing is just gross and awful. 

It's not clear yet, but it's starting to sound like this was not the heroic bust that the police are making it out to be. There's been no charges filed related to human trafficking, only prostitution charges; and it's been reported that none of the alleged victims are cooperating with the police.

It's certainly possible that more charges are coming and the victims are too traumatized/afraid to speak up, but it's also possible that this was just throwback police and media puritanism about sex work. And if that does to turn out to be the case, that these were just regular women trying to make a living giving $60 blowies, then what a fucking waste of police resources.

51 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

That is (sadly) the strangest thing about this for me.  It's fine to say that some guys prefer cheap thrills over more high class options, even if they could easily afford either.  But making a special trip to Florida is very inconvenient.  Do they not have establishments like this in the entire Boston area (answer: yes, they do.  Of course they do)  I mean, maybe there's an appeal of the anonymity that someone like Kraft could get recognized in a cheap strip mall in Boston but maybe not in Florida, but still. 

The whole thing is just gross and awful. 

That detail leads me to believe he’s done this a lot. I feel like only the first shoe has dropped, and I suspect other women will come forward. If that assumption is correct, he’s screwed.  

I thought he had at least one home there, it wasn't a special trip?

To me the strangest detail that came out was that the police found an excuse and pulled his car over after the first trip, basically just to get his ID to verify who he was when the busts all came down(they did this a lot). So, you are a billionaire who just got serviced and you get pulled over after leaving there, and you go right back the next day?

21 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I thought he had at least one home there, it wasn't a special trip?

Yeah he has a house down there.  He got to Palm Beach on Friday, 1/18, then got a rub and tug both on Saturday and Sunday.  This link runs it all down.

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't understand this. He was a shell of himself the last two years, I can't imagine his knees got better.

It lets Witten out of the booth with the remains of his dignity. And Jerry gets to force the Cowboys back into the news cycle despite the lack of a 1st round pick.

If you're thinking from a football perspective that has nothing to do with this.

58 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It lets Witten out of the booth with the remains of his dignity. And Jerry gets to force the Cowboys back into the news cycle despite the lack of a 1st round pick.

If you're thinking from a football perspective that has nothing to do with this.

We should just be thankful that Witten realized he sucked at his job and found a way to resign with dignity.

If only our president were so graceful.

dk metcalf is a freak of nature.  being an auburn fan, i had to see him every year.  he is a bona fide monster, who i believe is going to blow people away with his 40 time.

no comaparisons to david boston please.  he was mostly garbage.

3 minutes ago, D_P said:

dk metcalf is a freak of nature.  being an auburn fan, i had to see him every year.  he is a bona fide monster, who i believe is going to blow people away with his 40 time.

no comaparisons to david boston please.  he was mostly garbage.

Definitely wouldn't mind the Browns taking him at 17.  Baker throwing to him for the next ten years would be fun.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Definitely wouldn't mind the Browns taking him at 17.  Baker throwing to him for the next ten years would be fun.

unless something changes drastically after the combine and pro-days, i honestly believe that he will be available at 17.  as a falcons fan, i've seen the browns last year and with the collapse of cincy and b-more, you are most likely going to the playoffs next year.  good luck!

7 minutes ago, D_P said:

unless something changes drastically after the combine and pro-days, i honestly believe that he will be available at 17.  as a falcons fan, i've seen the browns last year and with the collapse of cincy and b-more, you are most likely going to the playoffs next year.  good luck!

The guy I want most at 17 is Hockenson, though.  Him and Njoku in two TE sets would be unfair.

15 minutes ago, briantw said:

The guy I want most at 17 is Hockenson, though.  Him and Njoku in two TE sets would be unfair.

hockenson is most likely going to be available as well.  do you remember young gronk and mr. murderer hernandez?  a similar combo.  i've given up on who the falcons draft.  they usually get one good pick and several duds.

Archived