Football, a Sterling effort, but Virgil got Dijk'd.

BigFatCoward

Definitely didn’t deserve that. If there’s no Salah or Firmino next week I don’t fancy our chances against Wolves.

A lot of people have been saying Liverpool fans should just enjoy the ride this year. I’m certainly not enjoying the ride, it’s stressful as fuck and, despite a phenomenal season, I don’t think we’re going to win the league.

Well, Liverpool cheat their way to another victory to keep themselves in a thoroughly undeserved title race. They're shit, their players are all shit, Klopp is an idiot who never makes good decisions, yet they've taken it to the final day. Just goes to show how bad reffing bias in the Premier League must be to have gotten them this far eh.

Jammy Liverpool.

But they've managed to keep City sweating. Leicester could be tricky as they are a good counter-attacking side and Vardy is on a hot streak. If City win then that should be that as Brighton don't look capable of putting up much resistance - they've been dogshit since January and now don't have anything to play for either.

If Salah is out for the CL game and Firmino too then that is a huge blow for Liverpool as there is quite a drop off with the backups. No Keita either which further reduces the creativity leaving Liverpool relying heavily on the fullbacks to create which could leave them vulnerable to counters. Dembele has suffered yet another hamstring injury but that's not a huge loss when you have Messi and Suarez. 

There's absolutely no chance Salah should play on Tuesday. He was pretty clearly knocked out and even if he somehow passes the concussion tests he'll be having sometimes people have delayed reactions. At a stretch he might be able to play Sunday if he comes through the rest of the week without showing symptoms of concussion but I'd be pretty surprised.

On the plus side for the Champions League at least we know we've got to go for a big win so there's no real dilemma about how to set up. If there's no Firmino and Salah we may as well just stick Shaqiri and Oxlade-Chamberlain in and give it a lash.

What I said yesterday about the promotion race in Bundesliga 2 and how this is like watching the EPL teams apparently not wanting to play CL.

Yeah, as promised Union managed to balls up their game against Darmstadt and are on their way home with a 2-1 defeat there. Which means Köln can and will officially clinch their promotion tomorrow. They are by all means promoted already 6 points and 17 goals clear. So even if they manage to lose tomorrow, it's just not bloody likely (mildly put) for them to give up that many goals at the last two games.

I'll leave to the folks in charge at Köln to enjoy the irony of the situation, that they dismissed the manager after a defeat last weekend, and that the caretaker manager has now effectively won the promotion without having played a game.

Yep, looks like Leverkusen actually want to play CL football next year. They are now level on points with Frankfurt. And Frankfurts big plus over Leverkusen on the table, the goal difference has also melted away considerably.

We've been really shit ever since beating PSG. Overall, Solskjaer did a decent enough job since coming in picking up 40 points in the league - only Liverpool (49 points) and City (48 points) have picked up more points in the league during that time. Top 4 looked an impossibility after the shitshow Mourinho left behind so it's a bit disappointing to have fallen short after making up such a deficit. The major concern is that this downward trend will continue into next season.

I hate this Arsenal team so much. Horrible to watch. Hope there are some huge changes next season. If anything, bring in some young kids and just play them. Won't be Ajax style success but maybe it'll be fun to watch again?

Archived