Who's left to marry Sansa

She might hate the idea, but Sansa will need to marry again but who is left? She wants the north so will likely have to take a northern lord to husband - they will want her to marry a northern lord. She can not be betrothed to Robin Arryn that would take her to the Vale, so she needs a husband to come to her. Now a possible catch is Gendry. No hold on put your ales down before you spill them. Wouldn't marrying the storm lord take her to the storm lands? Presently he is just a pretender to that title. The same way that Randyl Tarly stated Dany could not send him to the wall she is not his queen, who ever holds the storm lands can deny the base born Gendry that title so why bother with that trouble when he could marry Sansa and as he is a Waters the children can take Stark as their name.

2 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

She might hate the idea, but Sansa will need to marry again but who is left? She wants the north so will likely have to take a northern lord to husband - they will want her to marry a northern lord. She can not be betrothed to Robin Arryn that would take her to the Vale, so she needs a husband to come to her. Now a possible catch is Gendry. No hold on put your ales down before you spill them. Wouldn't marrying the storm lord take her to the storm lands? Presently he is just a pretender to that title. The same way that Randyl Tarly stated Dany could not send him to the wall she is not his queen, who ever holds the storm lands can deny the base born Gendry that title so why bother with that trouble when he could marry Sansa and as he is a Waters the children can take Stark as their name.

She just needs a bastard. If Jon is on the throne he can just legitimize her kid as a Stark. 

Danny dies, Tyrion survives. Jon offers Tyrion the job of hand of the king but he refuses and returns to Sansa "If she will have me"

Jon marries his cousin instead. The one who killed the Night King.

9 minutes ago, hallam said:

Jon marries his cousin instead. The one who killed the Night King.

Reject the newfound aunt you've been effing & marry the cousin you thought who were your sister your entire life. Seems legit.

1 minute ago, Quillon said:

Reject the newfound aunt you've been effing & marry the cousin you thought who were your sister your entire life. Seems legit.

Not so much 'reject' as she either buggers off back to Esteros with her last dragon or she dies saving Jon.

1 hour ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

She doesn’t need to marry again. She can rule as Lady of Winterfell in her own right, assuming both Jon and Bran choose not to. 

She’d just have to name another Stark descendent as her heir. 

Because Jon is a Stark cousin he comes after Bran, Sansa and Arya. 

Excuse me, sansa is a strong and empowered female character and Westeros is an enlightened continent of unlimited girlpower. She doesn’t need to marry anybody, she’ll just drink and vape and be the bossassbitch (Sophie Turner and HBO think) she is. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Excuse me, sansa is a strong and empowered female character and Westeros is an enlightened continent of unlimited girlpower. She doesn’t need to marry anybody, she’ll just drink and vape and be the bossassbitch (Sophie Turner and HBO think) she is. 

Well. Since the post far above is factually correct about Sansa's claim to Winterfell you are indeed correct along with Ms. Turner and HBO, as long as we assume Sansa is able to find the required equipment that she needs for vaping.

That would also be correct even if she was not an empowered female and Westeros was not an enlightened continent of unlimited girlpower. It was not really unheard of in historical feudal and even more rigid societies in the real world for bossassbitches to rule. Although I do not think there is much evidence to support the claims of for example Catherine the Great or Elizabeth I in Europe being vapers. On the other hand I have no idea about rulers such as pharaoh Cleopatra VII nor Hatshepsut because those wacky Egyptians might have got the stuff from the aliens.

Not a spoiler, pure speculation on my part. 

Sansa is still married to Tyrion.  Their marriage was never formally annulled, at least on-screen.  The failure to consummate a marriage only makes a marriage voidable, not void.  You still need an order or decree of annulment.

The only person who said Sansa was eligible to marry Ramsey was Littlefinger.  Spoiler Alert, he is a liar.  The second marriage does not void the first.  In fact, the second marriage was void because Sansa was still legally married to Tyrion and the so-called consummation by Ramsey was just non-consensual rape.

Tyrion has refrained from bedding with whores since his marriage to Sansa.  I am guessing because he is respecting the marriage vows that he made with Sansa.

My bet is that they will be together in the end and will rule as Queen and Prince Consort.  (Danaerys dies and Jon gives up his right to throne to his nearest relative who has not merged with a weirwood tree).

She can marry anyone she wants, any northern Lords sons. Part of the marriage would be that he takes the Stark name so that it carries on. There is precedent for this in the books already. Hell she could marry Lord Arryn and run the North herself. Try to have more than one male child, one to name Stark and one to name Arryn.  The show however will never get to the point, it will be done IMO before any long term things like that are needed.

Archived