U.S. Politics: Pedophilia is Just Acosta Doin' Business

Jace, Extat

33 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think he'd lose the election, but he'd still get low 40% of the national vote.

That's a depressing thought.

What's the deal with Trump's running mate? Is it automatically Pence, or can Trump and/or the party change that? If it could be changed, how close to the actual voting day could that happen? Even if Trump somehow gets re-elected, there is zero chance he'll still be capable of pretending to be President five years from now; Pence or whoever the VP is will become President. It might be a good strategy for the Democrat candidate to insist on debating Pence instead of Trump on the grounds that he's their real opponent, and I imagine it would be tempting for Pence to agree if he could get away with it.

1 minute ago, felice said:

That's a depressing thought.

What's the deal with Trump's running mate? Is it automatically Pence, or can Trump and/or the party change that? If it could be changed, how close to the actual voting day could that happen? Even if Trump somehow gets re-elected, there is zero chance he'll still be capable of pretending to be President five years from now; Pence or whoever the VP is will become President. It might be a good strategy for the Democrat candidate to insist on debating Pence instead of Trump on the grounds that he's their real opponent, and I imagine it would be tempting for Pence to agree if he could get away with it.

Bruh, I know you ain't from around here, but having a brain that's rapidly turning into soup is not a disqualifying factor for being the American President.

People still masturbate to Reagan's memory.

29 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

So, you're saying we need a safe choice. HRC should totally run again, right? 

“Candidates shouldn’t say they want to get rid of private health insurance” to you basically means “Candidates need to be exactly like Hillary” 

Either Democratic candidates embrace every progressive/left-wing idea no matter how unpopular, or they might as well be Hillary who tried hard really to fashion herself a centrist.

You really do have no nuance. 

On 7/16/2019 at 1:53 AM, Kalbear said:

Yeah, it's kind of adorable. Back when the boarders met more and the people largely actually knew each other IRL. Went to my first con in Scotland and met her there, and the next year we were dating. A year after that we were married and it's been 12 years and two kids. I know there are a lot of couples who met via these crazy things. Most of em don't post any more.  

I'm like 5 cons in and dry as a bone.  But I'm rooming with Cuellar in Dublin, so there's a ray of hope. ;)

Anyway, to the broader audience, this thread has been quite amusing so far.  All the leftist autophagy.  While in the long run, it would probably be best for all of us if the echo chambers got pierced, this is super instructional for all the lurkers so they can see what you all think of each other.   Where would that leave the middling folks if you ever got power, pray tell?

As far as POTUS's comments, I felt the same way about Bono for about 2 decades.  Not entirely a congruent situation as some of the people in question were domestically born, but if you say the US is the awful while coming from an objectively worse place, why should I take you seriously?  I suppose that made me anti-Irish.

On a side note, Snyder's Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzel Pieces are an entirely phenomenal snack food.

16 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

“Candidates shouldn’t say they want to get rid of private health insurance” to you basically means “Candidates need to be exactly like Hillary” 

Either Democratic candidates embrace every progressive/left-wing idea no matter how unpopular, or they might as well be Hillary who tried hard really to fashion herself a centrist.

You really do have no nuance. 

Hey, you're the one that didn't name a preferred candidate, or even several you might support. If it's not HRC, then state who you are leaning towards.

I'd also say that talent matters quite a bit as well, beyond positions. I lean towards Warren and Harris, quite different candidates, and a lot of it is because of how they handled themselves.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:53 PM, Kalbear said:

Yeah, it's kind of adorable. Back when the boarders met more and the people largely actually knew each other IRL. Went to my first con in Scotland and met her there, and the next year we were dating. A year after that we were married and it's been 12 years and two kids. I know there are a lot of couples who met via these crazy things. Most of em don't post any more.  

I think there might be a correlation between this and how much material has been published in the last 10 years. What's to talk about other than endlessly arguing about politics and no one changing their mind about anything? That sort of discourse really only appeals to people with a masochistic streak in them.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The fact that Trump has fully exposed himself as an unvarnished racists, and he will still get in the 40%s in 2020 (win or lose) is an indictment on the casual dismissal of racism as an ongoing socio-political-economic problem on the part of such a huge segment of the population I wonder if there can be much hope for improved race relations in the country. It pretty much means a majority of white people in the USA are at least casually racist or don't give a shit about racist attitudes among others (which is casually racist I guess, so the "or" doesn't really matter), and given racism is certainly not absent from the Democrat-leaning population it possibly means an absolute majority of US people are at a minimum casually racist. And there's maybe no reason to believe this level of casual (or worse) racism doesn't exist in the rest of the western hemisphere.

You hit the nail on the head with this. Sadly, this country isn't ready to talk about it.

26 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bruh, I know you ain't from around here, but having a brain that's rapidly turning into soup is not a disqualifying factor for being the American President.

People still masturbate to Reagan's memory.

If Reagan's brain was chopped up and ready to put in the blender by the end of his presidency, Trump's gazpacho has already been through the blender, served, sent back to be heated, and left out on the bench to start growing mould. Surely there's a point at which even diehard Republicans start to have reservations? Ok, they did vote for a dead brothel keeper over a live Democrat, but that was probably a combination of voters not knowing he was dead or being fine with whoever the party might appoint to replace him. With Trump, not knowing isn't going to be much of a factor, and at least some of them would publicly admit they were effectively voting for Pence.

15 minutes ago, felice said:

If Reagan's brain was chopped up and ready to put in the blender by the end of his presidency, Trump's gazpacho has already been through the blender, served, sent back to be heated, and left out on the bench to start growing mould. Surely there's a point at which even diehard Republicans start to have reservations? Ok, they did vote for a dead brothel keeper over a live Democrat, but that was probably a combination of voters not knowing he was dead or being fine with whoever the party might appoint to replace him. With Trump, not knowing isn't going to be much of a factor, and at least some of them would publicly admit they were effectively voting for Pence.

I think it's more that President Brain Mousse is still saying things that most Republicans like the sound of, so they have no reason to believe Trump is losing his marbles.

16 minutes ago, felice said:

They won't abandon their orange daddy, you're indulging in fantasy.

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

As far as POTUS's comments, I felt the same way about Bono for about 2 decades.  Not entirely a congruent situation as some of the people in question were domestically born, but if you say the US is the awful while coming from an objectively worse place, why should I take you seriously? 

Some lol? It’s Most. Omar is literally the only immigrant Trump attacked here. Can you actually explain why he assumed the other women of color weren’t from America? I’m genuinely curious where you think he got that conclusion. Oh and Omar came as child. Why should I brush off any criticisms an immigrant has of country they’ve literally been in since they were child just because of the place they come from has a myriad of problems? Shouldn’t their arguments be the only thing that really matters? You know their actual points aren’t  more or less valid by virtue of whether they came from Denmark or Somalia.

But I guess just launching Ad-hominem attacks are easier to do. Though they usually look silly. 

I could imagine just talking to my old Right-wing Bulgarian professors on his problems with various left-wing elements in society, how he’d improve it and then suddenly saying I can’t take his criticisms seriously just because he’s from a worse country off country than the US. He’d laugh at me because I’d sound like an idiot unable to adequately address any of his points. Glad I didn’t. 

But it would require less work. In giving criticisms to Dinesh D Souza’s ideas of how America could improve, it would have been easier for me to to just he’s from India when debating one of his supporters.  Would’ve saved me a lot of hours arguing. 

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

Anyway, to the broader audience, this thread has been quite amusing so far.  All the leftist autophagy.  While in the long run, it would probably be best for all of us if the echo chambers got pierced, this is super instructional for all the lurkers so they can see what you all think of each other.   Where would that leave the middling folks if you ever got power, pray tell?

Please, you cannot honestly deride eco-chambers then turn around and loudly declare you’ll automatically brush off any criticisms in regards from people who come certain countries.

21 minutes ago, felice said:

If Reagan's brain was chopped up and ready to put in the blender by the end of his presidency

This might not be..classy to say, but by the end of his presidency that's a pretty good description of what his brain was.

47 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

As far as POTUS's comments, I felt the same way about Bono for about 2 decades.  Not entirely a congruent situation as some of the people in question were domestically born, but if you say the US is the awful while coming from an objectively worse place, why should I take you seriously?  I suppose that made me anti-Irish.

This is just missing the point entirely.  Why does it matter that they "came" (not to mention most of them actually didn't) from an objectively worse place if you live her now, are a member of Congress, and want to improve your new country and constituents?  What the hell does that have anything to do with wherever you were born/raised/whatever in?  I guess Obama shouldn't have ran because he lived in Indonesia for a period during his childhood.  Way to sound exactly like Trump.

28 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is just missing the point entirely.  Why does it matter that they "came" (not to mention most of them actually didn't) from an objectively worse place if you live her now, are a member of Congress, and want to improve your new country and constituents?  What the hell does that have anything to do with wherever you were born/raised/whatever in?  I guess Obama shouldn't have ran because he lived in Indonesia for a period during his childhood.  Way to sound exactly like Trump.

It’s merely a standard ad-hominem attack. It really doesn’t detract from the actual arguments but, it’s really not meant to. What it is simply trying to do is take focus off the argument and place it entirely on the person making it.

I imagine most who are bringing Omar being from Somalia up never feel the same urge to brush aside criticisms from foreigners/immigrants from countries that are worse than the US if they happen agree with said criticisms.

Then their place of birth doesn’t matter.

19 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think it's more that President Brain Mousse is still saying things that most Republicans like the sound of, so they have no reason to believe Trump is losing his marbles.

For now, yes, but it's only going to get worse. The question is whether it gets undeniable before or after the election.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

So "send her back!" is the new "lock her up!" it appears.  What a nightmare.

Can't wait til either Warren or Harris gets the nomination.  Sure he'll just be repeating the "send her back" line with Harris, but with Warren he's got the Pocahontas attack lined up...so where are we supposed to send her?  Wyoming?

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Hey, you're the one that didn't name a preferred candidate, or even several you might support. If it's not HRC, then state who you are leaning towards.

I'd also say that talent matters quite a bit as well, beyond positions. I lean towards Warren and Harris, quite different candidates, and a lot of it is because of how they handled themselves.

Hey, you’re the one who took issue with me saying candidates shouldn’t try to out progressive each other in all areas even if that means adopting really unpopular positions.

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

Can't wait til either Warren or Harris gets the nomination.  Sure he'll just be repeating the "send her back" line with Harris, but with Warren he's got the Pocahontas attack lined up...so where are we supposed to send her?  Wyoming?

I can see the defenses now: he just means send her back to California!  You just think orange man racist no matter what. 

Archived