Football: half-way point

Iskaral Pust

18 minutes ago, Raja said:
What is happening? :o

I know it's a PR position, but who is making these appointments

Woodward of course. The Glazers are quite content with collecting dividends and admin fees and don't give two shits about anything else. Hardly surprising though, is it? United is run by clowns. Clearly a PR consultant is much more important than a DoF or competent manager. 

Our bench looks pretty inexperienced today.  Shaq is back (a man of limited appearances) but Milner is gone.  Lallana is our only reliable sub.  Minamino could even get called upon. 

United and Chelsea both collected big wins today.  Rashford now has 14 PL goals this season, and 19 overall.  When United sold Lukaku, I  doubted that Rashford and Martial could both double their prior goals haul to make up for the loss.  Rashford is on course to prove me wrong. 

Impressive for Southampton to beat Leicester and avenge the 9-0 thrashing.  Danny Ings scored again with a late winner.  I wonder if he erases any of the ill-will that Saints fans have for Liverpool after we bought so many of their players.  They’d be relegated this year but for Ings.  Now they’re back to mid table and level on points with Arsenal and Everton. 

Good display from everyone today. We had to win that game since the next league game is a guaranteed loss. I really hope Newcastle can do something against Chelsea next week (and Arsenal can do the rest of us a favour after that as well) because if Chelsea get up to an 8 point or more lead then you'd think that would be far too much to make up. 

Archived