8th anniversary... So, do I stop being the n00b now? :D

Mladen

I just realized that today is the 8th anniversary of me being here... And, yes, I am part of the Great Fl00d of 2011/2012

To amazing people that made my life far more fun and the mods who didn't ban me in 2015 :D 

Between Trump, COVID-19 and Queen in the North, I would say we had crazy 8 years.

Time to be un-n00b-ed :D 

1 hour ago, Mladen said:

I just realized that today is the 8th anniversary of me being here... And, yes, I am part of the Great Fl00d of 2011/2012

To amazing people that made my life far more fun and the mods who didn't ban me in 2015 :D 

Between Trump, COVID-19 and Queen in the North, I would say we had crazy 8 years.

Time to be un-n00b-ed :D 

NEVER!!!

(from one fl00b to another - I lurked for years before the show started, but didn't make this account until 2011)

I'm just about the same "age" as you then, recently noticed it's been 8 years myself.  Like most others, I lurked for at least a year before actually getting off my ass and creating a profile.

33 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

NEVER!!!

(from one fl00b to another - I lurked for years before the show started, but didn't make this account until 2011)

True... It's funny how much time has passed. I have read the first three books somewhere between 2008 and 2010. Watched the 1st season in 2011, binged it in one day. And I remember venturing the forums in 2012. That is when I wanted to join.

But, yeah, once a fl00b, always a fl00b :D

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm just about the same "age" as you then, recently noticed it's been 8 years myself.  Like most others, I lurked for at least a year before actually getting off my ass and creating a profile.

I remember I was interested in knowing whether Maggie Smith would play Olenna and how no one suspected anything about Arianne not being married.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The forum spoiled the Red Wedding for me when I first ventured here to ask if R+L=J.

ETA: 2013ish. 

I think I remember when you joined. As for what the forum spoiled for me...

1. fAegon - it was off, but I never formed it in my head until I came here.

2. the importance of Pink letter and who wrote it - honest to God, until this day I have no formed opinion on that one :D 

3. Daenerys... After joining the forum, I started watching and reading about Dany completely different :D 

Your all ancient!

At 5 and one half years (11/2/14) I'm the real noob. My son actually put GOT on my radar, he also bought the paperback bookset which I impressed him immensely by reading all the through. Unlike the Witcher books he bought me that have become great collectors of dust, though I also watched the Witcher episodes on Netflix.

Question, couldn't I get my 2 warning points dropped, it's been 5 years?  Must be there like herpes and just yours forever more.:D

14 minutes ago, Mladen said:

True... It's funny how much time has passed. I have read the first three books somewhere between 2008 and 2010. Watched the 1st season in 2011, binged it in one day. And I remember venturing the forums in 2012. That is when I wanted to join.

But, yeah, once a fl00b, always a fl00b :D

Yeah, I came late to the series, like in 2004 I think (I was able to read AGOT, ACOK, AND ASOS all back to back), and looked for a website to tell everyone these theories that were burning a hole in my brain, found this site, and then realized everyone else had already thought of them, and found a lot more I never thought of.

This was before AFFC came out, because I remember reading excerpts on this site I think, but I didn't create an account until 2007 (under a different avatar name) posted a few times, lost my avatar when something got reset, and then created this one in 2011. So technically I'm not a fl00b, but I might as well be one. 

16 minutes ago, Mladen said:

I remember I was interested in knowing whether Maggie Smith would play Olenna and how no one suspected anything about Arianne not being married.

Even if Smith was available, I don't think she had the acidic wit necessary for Olenna's character.  Of all the problems with the show, can't complain about Rigg's casting.

I'm not sure this forum ever "spoiled" anything for me, more like me looking for spoilers.  I do know before I viewed this I had no idea about Manderly's pie - and like you I didn't think the Pink letter needed so much scrutiny.  But, then again, I still don't.  I think the largest impetus for me in the early years of my "forumhood" was arguing against the A+J=T theory.  Never liked that one, still don't.

In order to not be a n00b, you must arrive before a time marking board event. Before the fl00b were the n00bs, n00bs were people who were not present during the EZboard years. Maybe once another book comes out (never), or when Ran redoes the website, or if one of the spinoff series actually hits tv, there will be a new generation of n00bs. For now, you remain a n00b.

I legit spent like 1 day in the show/ book threads and realized that those threads were not for me. I migrated to Gen chat, lit & entertainment pretty quickly.

I still have zero idea what goes on in forum games.

Edit - And I don't think I got on this website until I finished the books, I'm glad I avoided that and the spoilers!

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

I legit spent like 1 day in the show/ book threads and realized that those threads were not for me. I migrated to Gen chat, lit & entertainment pretty quickly.

I spent a bit of time before I migrated south of the wall. I don't go north of the wall at all these days.

35 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

In order to not be a n00b, you must arrive before a time marking board event. Before the fl00b were the n00bs, n00bs were people who were not present during the EZboard years. Maybe once another book comes out (never), or when Ran redoes the website, or if one of the spinoff series actually hits tv, there will be a new generation of n00bs. For now, you remain a n00b.

You raging bigot! 

38 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Did you see that y'all? Kay said I am technically a n00b!

Losers! :P

Jealous! I’m a Fl00b! I forgot...

Still, once a N00b always a N00b, once a Fl00b, always a Fl00b. ‘Sighs’.

eta: I spent my first 1,000 or 1,500 posts north of the wall. I was terrified of the assho....errr...elders down here.  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Your all ancient!

Thank you. That is the most beautiful thing anyone can say around here :D 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Even if Smith was available, I don't think she had the acidic wit necessary for Olenna's character.  Of all the problems with the show, can't complain about Rigg's casting.

I totally agree. It was pre-Season 3 talk. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm not sure this forum ever "spoiled" anything for me, more like me looking for spoilers.  I do know before I viewed this I had no idea about Manderly's pie - and like you I didn't think the Pink letter needed so much scrutiny.  But, then again, I still don't.  I think the largest impetus for me in the early years of my "forumhood" was arguing against the A+J=T theory.  Never liked that one, still don't.

Oh, Tyrion a Targ theory... I always knew where it came from, I never liked it though. That said, there were a lot of theories over the years I really hated.

2 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Unless you are mentioned on clay tablets found in Pods flat a few years ago you will always be a noob. 

Even though I live in Serbia, which was part of the Ottoman Empire, the greatest Empire that has been? :D

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Edit - And I don't think I got on this website until I finished the books, I'm glad I avoided that and the spoilers!

I was there until 2015. Then until last year, every spring I had Discussing Sansa thread on TV subforums. 

But, I think I migrated to Entertainment when I have seen @Datepalm, @Jaxom 1974 and some others watching "The Good Wife"... It was around Season 4/Season 5 when I jumped in.

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oh all of you sweet, summer children...

:wub:

But eight years... You all made me love Eurovision... I think the one Mans won was the first one I joined... Those chats :D

Wow, so many memories...

10 minutes ago, Raja said:

Wut. I missed out on the good wife threads.

What we really need is the good fight threads now.

Amen to that. I opened a thread few years ago, when I started, but no one was watching.

Archived