US Politics: 133 Days to Nov. 3, But Who's Counting?

Fragile Bird

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

Trump seems to be claiming that he hasn't fired him, but probably he did and is just lying about it. This makes it pretty clear that Berman's removal relates to investigations that an open Trump firing would be obvious obstruction.

Maybe. My guess is Trump will tweet something later. He's a coward in person but a keyboard warrior when no one is asking him questions he's not prepared for. Either way, just not sure how much Berman fights this now that his deputy is put in Acting position.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Maybe. My guess is Trump will tweet something later. He's a coward in person but a keyboard warrior when no one is asking him questions he's not prepared for. Either way, just not sure how much Berman fights this now that his deputy is put in Acting position.

If he left, there's nothing to stop Barr from turning around and removing Berman's deputy tomorrow. I've no idea how much Berman truly cares (he is 2016 Trump campaign donor and former partner in the same law firm as Guliani after all), but if he does, he should probably keep fighting.

1 minute ago, Fez said:

If he left, there's nothing to stop Barr from turning around and removing Berman's deputy tomorrow. I've no idea how much Berman truly cares (he is 2016 Trump campaign donor and former partner in the same law firm as Guliani after all), but if he does, he should probably keep fighting.

Sure, but that's even more ridiculous. First you fire Berman, appoint his deputy then fire her soon after so that you can place someone else in charge while nominating a 4th person? That's just a special path. Then again, these guys are the worst so who knows.

Which proves his point. Testing is bad, it makes him look bad. Less testing is required for freedom.

But seriously, I thought, the mere fact that the Bible didn't catch fire the moment he was holding it up during his bizarre photo op had proven, that there's no god.

Cough him up, cough him up.

42 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Sure, but that's even more ridiculous. First you fire Berman, appoint his deputy then fire her soon after so that you can place someone else in charge while nominating a 4th person? That's just a special path. Then again, these guys are the worst so who knows.

Considering the sequence of events the past 20 hours, that would seem right in line. Also, as you say, these guys are the literal worst.

8 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Which proves his point. Testing is bad, it makes him look bad. Less testing is required for freedom.

But seriously, I thought, the mere fact that the Bible didn't catch fire the moment he was holding it up during his bizarre photo op had proven, that there's no god.

He didn't open the Ark, fool. 

29 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

There is a joke going around on Facebook that the real reason he had to use two hands to drink a glass of water at West Point is because the Bible did burn him. 

So the big concern at this rally is that poor indoor air flow + at least a few people with covid = disaster.  But doesn't that apply to Trump as well?  I mean the risk is hard to calculate, but it seems... Significant.

Am I miscalculating, or does Trump just think this isn't a big deal?  Maybe he should call his buddy BoJo and ask him...

As speculated, Berman is now agreeing to step down because of Strauss being his successor. But as others note, she is more readily removable by Barr under section 541, so Berman is now trusting that Barr won't do this just for optics reasons . . . which seems, on the face of it, naive, as Barr is clearly wildly willing to do just about anything. But maybe he knows something we don't.

Yeah, we'll see what happens with the SDNY. Apparently Berman was in the office early today. Maybe they're prepping indictments to drop on Monday (one can hope at least) and so Berman doesn't need to keep fighting Barr; who knows.

In other news,

There are still plenty of idiots, but maybe the percentage of Trump's base with survival instincts is a bit better than feared. 

17 minutes ago, Fez said:

Yeah, we'll see what happens with the SDNY. Apparently Berman was in the office early today. Maybe they're prepping indictments to drop on Monday (one can hope at least) and so Berman doesn't need to keep fighting Barr; who knows.

In other news,

There are still plenty of idiots, but maybe the percentage of Trump's base with survival instincts is a bit better than feared. 

Trump is trying to blame physical interference on the part of left wing not allowing his supporters in the building

Watching this Trump Rally and it may be the best stand up comedy show in the last year. Trump is a terrible person, but his delusional narcissism and his utter lack of self-awareness makes for an amazing performance. He just spent 15 minutes defending himself for the water and the ramp incident. He's still talking about it.

1 minute ago, GrimTuesday said:

Watching this Trump Rally and it may be the best stand up comedy show in the last year. Trump is a terrible person, but his delusional narcissism and his utter lack of self-awareness makes for an amazing performance. He just spent 15 minutes defending himself for the water and the ramp incident. He's still talking about it.

If you're gonna watch it I'm grateful for a play by play.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

If you're gonna watch it I'm grateful for a play by play.

Not sure if you are serious here, but he just got done talking about how evil the folks up here in the pacific northwest are and I feel a great deal of regional pride.

Archived