NBA Playoffs 2020: Mamba Out

Rhom

3 hours ago, Relic said:

The flat earth shit didn't throw you off?

:dunno:

People can be misinformed, doesn't necessarily mean they are jerks. Besides, I'm pretty sure it happened when he was in Boston which was where/when he ruined his reputation for me.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

As if you needed more reason to roll your eyes at me gloating.  :smug: 

:rolleyes::P

I find it rather endearing actually. :lol:

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

:dunno:

People can be misinformed, doesn't necessarily mean they are jerks. Besides, I'm pretty sure it happened when he was in Boston which was where/when he ruined his reputation for me.

Nah, he did it on the Roadtrippin Show with Frye and Jefferson in his last season with the Cavs, i believe. Right before he forced his way out of there because he didnt want to play in Bron's shadow. 

27 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

:rolleyes::P

I find it rather endearing actually. :lol:

I had forgotten until it became a topic on some UK message boards a couple months back that Vogel was a UK alum.  But one thing I had no clue about was that he played on Rick Pitino's Junior Varsity team in 95-96.  Behold JV superstar Frank Vogel's stats!

Pitino was so deep in 96 that he started a JV team so Nazr Mohammed and Oliver Simmons had a chance to get playing time.  (Makes me sad... Triskele always used to talk about how he loved those Pitino teams. :( )  After that was brought up recently and I saw that link, I also was stunned about some of those scores.  :lol:  They lost to a high school team!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Relic said:

Nah, he did it on the Roadtrippin Show with Frye and Jefferson in his last season with the Cavs, i believe. Right before he forced his way out of there because he didnt want to play in Bron's shadow. 

Oh. Then maybe it just didn't register for me. As I said, people can be misinformed. It's like the Dihydrogen Monoxide silliness except that there's no gotcha moment at the end. If we don't have a background and the speaker is glib, we can fall for such things. Hopefully with critical thinking we avoid most of these but people do have their blind spots. 

Being a jerk is something different though. First time with Cleveland, fine. Things happen. Second time with Boston, its the start of a pattern. Third time with New Jersey, he's the denominator. I still can't believe he's a vice-president in the NBPA. Who nominated and voted for him? Did he just get it by default because there were no other volunteers?

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I had forgotten until it became a topic on some UK message boards a couple months back that Vogel was a UK alum.  But one thing I had no clue about was that he played on Rick Pitino's Junior Varsity team in 95-96.  Behold JV superstar Frank Vogel's stats!

Pitino was so deep in 96 that he started a JV team so Nazr Mohammed and Oliver Simmons had a chance to get playing time.  (Makes me sad... Triskele always used to talk about how he loved those Pitino teams. :( )  After that was brought up recently and I saw that link, I also was stunned about some of those scores.  :lol:  They lost to a high school team!!!!!

I have no clue about NCAA basketball so most of that went over my head, but you just missed a chance to take a shot at Duke unless there are also flat earthers from UK. :lol:

Also, freshmen are just a year removed from high school aren't they? It's not that embarrassing, especially if your team are comprised of walk ons. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Wait, what happened to Triskele??

58 minutes ago, unJon said:

Wait, what happened to Triskele??

Its discussed briefly on the first page here.  The previous NBA thread disappeared suddenly.  Basically, when a poster leaves the board and wants their content deleted... EU law says that they have to delete it all.  That's what clued a couple of us into who had left.

I don't want to speculate, but I try to avoid much of the political discussion in the General tab of the board.  I wandered in there a couple weeks ago and did notice several people ganging up on Triskele.  I will make no further comment or speculation, but I do know he felt very wronged by the discussion and had even been given a temporary ban that he felt was unjust.

(Count me Team Triskele in the discussion fwiw)

That boy needs more sense. He is constantly tossing teammates under the bus and not owning up to what he said.

My dude, we heard you say that this was the first time you could trust somebody to take the final shot. We saw you toss the Nets under the bus in front of the media. We also saw you make idiotic statements about the Celtics when you were with them. He will not get the Kobe farewell tour. He should look at Dwight's career trajectory, because that is how he's gonna end up.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

That boy needs more sense. He is constantly tossing teammates under the bus and not owning up to what he said.

My dude, we heard you say that this was the first time you could trust somebody to take the final shot. We saw you toss the Nets under the bus in front of the media. We also saw you make idiotic statements about the Celtics when you were with them. He will not get the Kobe farewell tour. He should look at Dwight's career trajectory, because that is how he's gonna end up.

I mean on one hand he's right...on the other hand yeah. He needs to probably just shut up more often, for his own sanity. 

59 minutes ago, Relic said:

I mean on one hand he's right...on the other hand yeah. He needs to probably just shut up more often, for his own sanity. 

In some ways he is, but it's HOW he brings it across. For instance after his utterly moronic statements about his Nets teammates he talked to the media again, citing that the masses love to tear accomplished people down.

That was true, that was good and is worth saying.

Then he completely forgets to point out he should have done better and compares himself to MLK.

That was not quite as good.

Every time the guy gets a mic in front of his mouth, I get worried, because his lack of self-awareness seems to get worse and worse each year.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

This video from Thinking Basketball tells me that the Heat will miss Bam more than you might think:  

I don't need to watch a video to know that.  Bam is at worst the second best player on the team and the only guy who can realistically defend Davis for extended minutes.  Without him, the series is dramatically harder.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I don't need to watch a video to know that.  Bam is at worst the second best player on the team and the only guy who can realistically defend Davis for extended minutes.  Without him, the series is dramatically harder.

The offense has been flowing through him recently too. The Heat are going to get swept. Even before the injuries it was clear the Lakers size was overwhelming them and they had no way to adjust to it, but the injuries are going to make what would have been a five or six game series into a quick blowout. 

Archived