US Politics - The Conceit of Not Conceding

Relic

4 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

@The Anti-TargAnti-Targ 

What does coming together look like to you?

Good question.

There may be times to try to, but really where were at there's no path for that currently. I mean are we to become "just a little" tolerant to racism.....just a little anti-science.... just a little bigoted towards the others, just a little misogynistic?" Are we to make it harder on the working class...just a little? Pollute a little? 

Because THATS what coming together with the R's represents to me. Fuck them and everything they represent. They need to move towards the right side of humanity and WE need to hold every square inch of turf we have till they are on the right side anything.

The ones among them that have any interest in doing the right thing can be worked with when they are on the right side of things period.

There is no other quarter to offer with lipsticked evil. We are talking about a group of people who have been, in some cases, openly strategizing to stage a coup, to ignore the vote of millions of Americans in order to remain in the W.H. while a majority of their congressional reps stood silent. There can be no compromise with that if the Democrats are to stand for a single thing, they must oppose that evil as a basic duty or they are nothing, certainly not Democrats.

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, Jordan's are overrated. Still debating with myself if I should grab these Dame 7's. 

I agree with Week that those look a little much.  But then I stopped obsessing over basketball shoes when I hit puberty.

22 minutes ago, Week said:

Also, those sneakers look awful. :thumbsdown:

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

I agree with Week that those look a little much. 

So do most Jordan's, and they're meant to be awful in a sense. They're Ric Flair themed gator shoes. 

But then I stopped obsessing over basketball shoes when I hit puberty.

Did you play post-puberty? And you don't always have to be a grouch. ;)

6 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I fear shoggoth (stealing Zorral's moniker) is still itching for a war as we've often thought in the past years, only he may be looking to have his war right here, on American soil.

The only way he'll be a part of any war is if it is in between him and the golf course. I mean, c'mon, he had bone spurs 50 years ago -- do you think he's gotten braver?

This shot is really *it*.

So this looks like an old trick the Republicans are going back to so they can con their own to subsidize a more extreme agenda they wouldn't support otherwise.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/exclusive-blood-of-liberty-pac-formed-by-right-wing-political-operative-looking-to-rebrand-himself-as-a-center-right-post-trump-player/

To the standard Republican who doesn't know French, this sounds nice, like singing about liberty or whatever. But the people in on it know better. I see Koch's fake mea culpa in the same vein. He admits he's wrong but look at where his money is still going if you want the truth.

They've recognized a split in their own party and are now trying to patch it up by lying to their own. We saw a lot of it when Trump went full Trump in that debate and it created a huge backlash. All of the nicey-nice in the confirmation hearings was an acknowledgement that they saw the divisiveness as a big problem. We're also seeing a split between those who want Trump to concede and the hardliners who don't which Lutz said could be extremely damaging to their party unity. Gaetz recently lashed out against the Cheneys and Paul Ryan - Bush type Republicans opposed the Buchana/Trump types. Interestingly, while Liz Cheney doesn't start any battles with Trump if she doesn't need to, when she does, Trump doesn't hit back implying the Cheneys hold more power in the party than what we see.

So Dems should expose the real name and agenda of the Blood of Liberty to hold the nose Bushy Republicans who still vote Trump and manipulate the cracks into something deeper. I'm not sure reaching out to Republican pols will amount to anything, but the voters who self-identify more as Republicans than Trump supporters is much more promising, especially with those tired of Trumpism.

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

I played through high school.  And I couldn't help myself with that one.

Alright. I just hope you passed the ball to Will.

7 minutes ago, Week said:

The only way he'll be a part of any war is if it is in between him and the golf course.

It really does make a lot of sense now that golf is the game Trump loves. You really can just cheat and lie to yourself on a scale no other major sport can allow. You can cheat at football, like your Patriots did for years, you can cheat at baseball, like David Ortiz using steroids, and not get punished for it, you can cheat at every sport really, but there is at least a little accountability. Not with golf. You can lie your ass off simply if no one cares. 

The following is all I ever need to remember about the former President Trump-

“POTUS has nothing else on schedule today but is nonetheless late to Arlington National Cemetery to honour veterans on Veterans Day keeping decorated veterans, their families, and others waiting in the rain, not understanding the significance of the day, hour, minute of commemoration,” journalist Molly McKew chided on Twitter.

Now for goodness sake could our media just stop giving him a stage, really just stop covering the idiot.

The country is ready to move on.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You can cheat at football, like your Patriots did for years, you can cheat at baseball, like David Ortiz using steroids, and not get punished for it, you can cheat at every sport really, but there is at least a little accountability. Not with golf. You can lie your ass off simply if no one cares. 

*Deep sigh and eye roll* ... /shrug. Sorry I dissed the shoes that you like. Even the intentionally garish needs some aesthetic value.

13 minutes ago, Week said:

*Deep sigh and eye roll* ... /shrug. Sorry I dissed the shoes that you like. Even the intentionally garish needs some aesthetic value.

Oh just laugh at yourself. It's okay. 

Obama says election results show nation is deeply divided

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/politics/barack-obama-donald-trump-concede-divided-nation/index.html

Asked what advice he would give Biden, Obama said he believes the President-elect doesn't need his advice but pledged to help him in "any ways that I can."
"I'm not planning to suddenly work on the White House staff or something ... Michelle would leave me," he joked of the former first lady. "She'd be like what? You're doing what?"

7 hours ago, mormont said:

I think most Americans on this thread would love to see their country come together. What they're not willing to do is accept that the responsibility for that must always lie entirely with one side, and that this must be the imperative no matter what the other side do.

I suggest you come back to this theme when there has been a serious, sincere overture from someone senior on the Republican party and the Democrats are rejecting it. Until then, it should probably be retired.

You expect the people who don't want the country to come together to act first? If you want something to happen then it is incumbent upon you to to try to make it happen. There is no point in saying you want the nation to come together and then saying "you do it." I would think people know how the world works.

7 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

@The Anti-TargAnti-Targ 

What does coming together look like to you?

The adults in the room making the first move. What it looks like...I don't think you can handle what I think it should look like, because what it looks like to me is something that can't be done simply within nations singly.

7 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The adults in the room making the first move.

There is no possible way to be "the adult in the room" with people that aren't even willing to accept the reality that they lost the election - and think you stole it from them to boot.

35 minutes ago, Week said:

Meh, the sports jabs just are lame and tired. And I guess I need a nap because I'm grumpy.

It's not like they're serious jabs. Who actually cares? Now just please let the Packers lose to the Jaguars you grumpy mofo. 

1 hour ago, Week said:

The only way he'll be a part of any war is if it is in between him and the golf course. I mean, c'mon, he had bone spurs 50 years ago -- do you think he's gotten braver?

Of course not. But his dick gets hard every time he sees his supporters beat up people. (ok maybe not at 74, but the sentiment is there)

I think there's more money in it for him without a civil war. Not that he'd mind a bit of "action" by his proud boys, or one or ten assassination attempts or mass shootings in the process.

Aaand as expected, The Lincoln Project, after congratulating themselves for basically single-handedly winning the election or at the very least the Republican Biden voters (actually, they're still at it), are already bashing the Dems in Philly (insinuating: They didn't cheat 'cause they were watched closely!) and, of course, progressives (tax rises, fracking, law and order, radicals like AOC)...

Archived