US Politics: Pardon our trespassing and those who have trespassed US

A Horse Named Stranger

They should have left the windows alone.

Ah, adults. Finally.

Not to be insensitive to that, I am so glad Carter didn't die during Trump's term. Could you imagine Trump at a Carter funeral? Being asked to make a statement? Also, Jimmy Carter still alive is better than not, obviously.

He'd still make it about himself.

Biden needs to go full Sideshow Bob in his speech. 

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Apparently 6 SCOTUS justices are attending the inauguration, the three who aren't are Breyer, Thomas, and Alito. If it were just Thomas and Alito, I'd believe it was a snub (and maybe it is). But since Breyer also isn't there, I wonder if those they are the three justices that haven't gotten the second COVID vaccine shot yet. There was a story yesterday that Roberts had gotten the second shot, and that some other justices also had, but not all of them.

Not an important point, just a bit of a curiosity.

Or Thomas and Alito are snubbing, and Breyer is pissed off about feeling like he's being pressured to retire. Who knows?

Or maybe just as the three over 70 they think their age by itself makes them more at risk for COVID. 

39 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

IMO this only applies if those responsible for high crimes over the past four years are brought to justice.

No. my point was/is: The orange one used the DOJ as his personal lawyers, and tried to make a lot of law suits (Stone, Flynn, Manafort) go away, or pardon those, if you he couldn't. Biden made teh promise, that he will restore and respect the independence of the Justice Department. 

If you agree, with the orange abusing the DOJ the way he has done (and one of the many reasons he should've been impeached) being a bad thing, and that it should act indepedently, then you can see why Biden should not get involved with Hunter's investigation under any circumstances. That has nothing to do with drinking the Republican koolaid like @Fragile Bird suggested. It's basically respecting the independence of the justice department and the rule of law. Because the 45th President has created horrible precedents, doesn't mean Biden should follow his example.

34 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

He's no Toby Ziegler, but maybe Trump wants some pointers on the whole tax evasion stuff and how not to get caught.

I don't think people convicted of tax evasion are actually the best source of advice on how to get away with tax evasion.

31 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Really, really liked Amanda Gorman's poem and her magnetic presence in general. Great start to this presidency! President Biden's speech was quite good as well. And, for my many LGBT friends celebrating right now,

OK, I'm trying to find that funny, but the curmudegeonly part of me is a bit miffed with the stereotype that all gay men are massively interested in female singer superstars. I'm one gay man who couldn't care less whether they were there or not. 

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

OK, I'm trying to find that funny, but the curmudegeonly part of me is a bit miffed with the stereotype that all gay men are massively interested in female singer superstars. I'm one gay man who couldn't care less whether they were there or not. 

My best friend, messaging me gleefully (no pun intended) from Ireland throughout today's ceremony said that J-Lo was terrible. I missed her, alas. I don't mean to stereotype him, yourself, or any others here - my apologies if it was callous to post a Randy Rainbow one-liner. I think that a Democrat president (and a minority VP) will, at some level, be a very good thing for y'all, if I may be so bold. Randy is very well-spoken when he is not in his over-the-top persona - I understand that it may be a grating one for those many who see his tweets and parody songs as worrisome vs empowering.

5 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

My best friend, messaging me gleefully (no pun intended) from Ireland throughout today's ceremony said that J-Lo was terrible. I missed her, alas. I don't mean to stereotype him, yourself, or any others here - my apologies if it was callous to post a Randy Rainbow one-liner. I think that a Democrat president (and a minority VP) will, at some level, be a very good thing for y'all, if I may be so bold. Randy is very well-spoken when he is not in his over-the-top persona - I understand that it may be a grating one for those many who see his tweets and parody songs as worrisome vs empowering.

I don't blame you for posting it -- I probably wouldn't have posted a complaint about it if you had not been the SECOND person to copy it here! Seeing it twice just rubbed me the wrong way. :)

Archived