NFL 2021 By Henne Means Necessary

mcbigski

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Tua, Howard, their second first rounder and first second rounder or next year's first rounder sound good to me.  X is great but I trust Flores to still keep the D solid.  

I think you'd have to offer up at least two firsts with Tua and Howard. Tua is an unknown and trading for great CBs is always a crapshoot. 

Though really i'm hoping the Jets go OL and Miami can auction of the 3rd pick to most QB needy team that wants to jump ahead of ATL.

Who knows what the Jets will do. They should probably trade back a few spots and either grab the LT whose name I can't remember, Smith or one of the remaining QBs because no one knows who to take after Lawrence. Might as well get some assists along the way.

Still can't believe the reports that they might roll out Darnold again given how shitty he's looked.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well that's not great either, and if you offer Jace's package, how do you fill out not only those two spots, but an entire roster? 

I dunno, they've done pretty well elevating scrap heap people already.  If they had Watson I'd be perfectly fine with Jimmy Ward + whateves in the secondary and ? after Samuel and Aiyuk at wideout.  The only thing stopping them at that point is health.  But Samuel's (and Kittle's) health is a pretty damn big concern.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

I dunno, they've done pretty well elevating scrap heap people already.  If they had Watson I'd be perfectly fine with Jimmy Ward + whateves in the secondary and ? after Samuel and Aiyuk at wideout.  The only thing stopping them at that point is health.  But Samuel's (and Kittle's) health is a pretty damn big concern.

It could work, especially with your run scheme. What I would be telling myself is I'm sacrificing three years of high end picks for ten years of Watson and hope that his health isn't a concern and that the roster is good enough now to sustain that and in a few years you can begin to reload. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I forgot to say this earlier. On behalf of not just Vikings fans, but also Packers and Bears fans, thank you Lions.

Be careful fella, they are gonna eat your knee caps next year!

Hold up.  Just checked Watson's contract and according to spotrak his cap hit is only $16 million next year.  Which means the Niners would actually save ~8 million dollars vis-a-vis Garoppolo, once counting the later's dead cap.  For next and only next year, of course, but still.  They could probably resign Verrett to a one year deal (doubt he's gonna get much of a longterm offer), keep Moseley, and maybe even find a nickel to replace Williams (who is so going to the Jets).

So I'm just here right quick to address some bullshit that's been flying.

Letter oneth of all, having an actual FRANCHISE QB. A REAL ONE. Is worth having bad cornerbacks. It's worth having a bad O-line, it's frankly worth having shitty receivers and a piss poor running game. Because a FRANCHISE QB, a REAL ONE, instantly papers over such deficiencies. Obviously it's better to have a FRANCHISE QB (A real ONE) and all of those other offensive pieces, but you can get by. The trick is to have a FRANCHISE QB and some other strength that can help him out. Most teams trip into stocking up the offense once they have their FRANCHISE QB -A REAL one- because they're stupid old men and their brains aren't good at thinking things through, and adding strength to an existing strength is like how you get super strong right? Meanwhile the defense withers, there's no special teams to speak of, and your hot shit offense keeps losing in the playoffs because your team only has one strength, the offense and the QB. Which is great, when it's great. But there's more than one good team out there, and some of them have good defenses. And when all a team needs to do to win is stop the opposing QB, that's an easy problem to wrap your mind around. Hard to execute, sure, but conceivable. There is an identifiable path to victory. Stop the passing game. You know what they're gonna do, just figure something out you stupid bastard!

That's why the 49'ers or the Bears (Colts too, but Houston won't give him up) need to pay whatever the cost is for Watson, but not give up any existing defensive assets. By rule you can only give picks in the next three drafts, no going 4 years out. So if it takes 21 picks, the Ricky Williams trade three times over, I do it if I'm the 49'ers or Bears. No regrets. I don't need another kid who might or might not be good. My team is fucking stacked with talent, especially on the defense. You pay whatever you gotta pay for Watson. People will take less $$$ to come and play for you. And you don't need the picks, you've got a top-5 passer and an elite existing squad. You'll get compensatory picks anyway when teams start taking your superbowl winning Free Agents off your hands. The team is there, it's ready to win Superbowls. Don't settle for trying to find a better answer at QB when the grand prize, AN ACTUAL FRANCHISE QB [BUT FOR FUCKING REAAAAAL] is right there for the taking. I would start my offer at three 3's, three 2's, and three 3's. If that doesn't get the deal done I would explain the rules of how many picks I am legally permitted to offer and then offer all of them. But I would try and get J.J. Watt as a package if possible. Shouldn't be too hard, actually. 

Number B, y'all are fucking stupid if you think Aaron Rodgers is going to the superbowl. Like some straight-up lead paint eating soft-spot-never-hardened fucking stupid. Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me with this Aaron Rodgers "He played like an MVP!" annointery?

Tom Brady.

Welcome to Peyton's Place, little A-rod.

Tom Brady wasn't great in that saints game, it just wasn't noticable because brees was so much worse. And that was in the comfort of a dome.  

In the snow in green bay against a quarterback with a live arm and more rest? Brady is gonna get exposed.

22 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Tom Brady wasn't great in that saints game, it just wasn't noticable because brees was so much worse. And that was in the comfort of a dome.  

In the snow in green bay against a quarterback with a live arm and more rest? Brady is gonna get exposed.

That saints defense was a top tier unit. Green Bay is not. Tom  Brady was forged in the iron cold of New England. You think cold will stay his wrath? I cannot decide whether to pity your ignorance or envy your coming awakening to truth. Think on your sins, Lord Maithanet. The Brady is dark and full of terrors.

22 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Sorry @Jace, Basilissa, gonna bust up that pipe dream you have ;) 

Just gonna leave this here about your franchise QB

Yo... I’m happy for you, and Imma let you finish... but no NFL player in the history of the league ever “preferred to go to the New York Jets.”

Hell, Joe F’ing Namath wouldn’t prefer the Jets!

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Yo... I’m happy for you, and Imma let you finish... but no NFL player in the history of the league ever “preferred to go to the New York Jets.”

Hell, Joe F’ing Namath wouldn’t prefer the Jets!

I’ll give you that, given that our ownership is akin to the dozen chimps in a room typing Shakespeare metaphor 

Its only the biggest market in the NFL, we also have a shit ton of cap space, and moving Darnold isn’t that far fetched nor would it surprise me. The Lions are a viable landing spot for Sam now that Stafford isn’t coming back

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

It's snowing in Green Bay this morning, the weather will be in the 20's for the game.

Props for Tom getting as far as he has this year, it's a cool story, but I don't see him slipping out of the noose that's going to close around him today. 

Because Tom Brady has never played in snow.

Archived