Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

8 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

You're playing Sheffield United. 

10-year olds run circles around them.

They've already taken points off us, and playing Firmino isn't just like playing with 10 men, it's like playing with 10 men against 12 men.

Add in our sideways passing midfield dipshits and this is going to be a terrible, terrible game to watch.

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

They've already taken points off us, and playing Firmino isn't just like playing with 10 men, it's like playing with 10 men against 12 men.

Add in our sideways passing midfield dipshits and this is going to be a terrible, terrible game to watch.

Well, I actually don't plan watching it .. ultimate frisbee coming up.

But I expect you'll win comfortably in the end.

Nice to get a win. A pretty similar performance to a lot of the recent games really only this time we scored a took a couple of the chances created and didn't concede any soft goals.

It's a little concerning that Phillips looks a considerably better player than Kabak when I'm pretty sure Kabak's the one we want to keep. It's not an easy job playing centre back for Liverpool for a number of reasons at the moment but it'd be nice if he started showing a little more composure.

14 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Can we just fucking sub Firmino off already? What is wrong with Klopp?

Was a moment he was through on goal and I just knew he wouldn’t score :lol: idk what happened to him. Was watching some 17/18 highlights and he was a completely different player. So electric.

Milan dominated Roma. Hopefully they get into some good form before United

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Reports that Catalan police have arrested Bartomeu in relation to the so-called 'Barcagate' scandal. Oscar Grau (Bartomeu's CEO) and Gomez Ponti (director of legal services) have been arrested as well.

That's escalated. I thought Bartomeu hiring a firm to undermine critical figures would scupper his election chances but arrests are a real shock.

There's a bit of talk Wan-Bissaka's going to make himself available for DR Congo if he doesn't make the England squad again. That's on the back of Musiala choosing Germany over England. It's a bit weird to see good players opting against playing for England because they think there's too much competition but I'm still not confident Southgate's not going to pick a mind numbingly boring side.

18 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

That's escalated. I thought Bartomeu hiring a firm to undermine critical figures would scupper his election chances but arrests are a real shock.

There's a bit of talk Wan-Bissaka's going to make himself available for DR Congo if he doesn't make the England squad again. That's on the back of Musiala choosing Germany over England. It's a bit weird to see good players opting against playing for England because they think there's too much competition but I'm still not confident Southgate's not going to pick a mind numbingly boring side.

There are about 22 other right backs in the England squad right now, to the point where Southgate is close to putting one in goal. So I’m not surprised he is thinking o going elsewhere.

Hasnt he already played for the national first team though? What are the rules these days?

49 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

It's a bit more than just hiring a social media firm for a smear campaign. The new allegations which resulted in police raiding Barca offices and the subsequent arrests relate to unfair administration, corruption between individuals and money laundering. Allegedly him and his cronies used club funds to pay six times the going rate to the social media company and they personally profited from the transaction as well. They also split invoices in such a way as to circumvent the tender process and avoid board approval. 

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

It’s amazing he hasn’t played yet. 

To be fair, TAA is incredible.

AWB is probably the second best but he hasn't been a good alternative to TAA because his attacking has been limited- and even now, though he's improved a lot, he does it in a very different way requiring a different team setup. So it's not shocking especially from a manager lacking imagination to adjust like Southgate.

But it is pretty stupid.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

It’s amazing he hasn’t played yet. 

He's probably a little unlucky not to have snuck in a cap or two by now but, despite him improving a bit this year, the England situation's starting to look a bit worse for him with Reece James and Lamptey also looking class right backs. It'd be hard to blame him for deciding it's not going to happen.

Wan Bissaka isn't good enough in attack so he's well down the pecking order for England - TAA, James, Walker and Trippier are better going forward and thus ahead of him in the queue. Max Aarons will also most likely be ahead of him as soon as he moves to a bigger club. 

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

To be fair, TAA is incredible.

I get the feeling Southgate doesn't even really want to play Alexander-Arnold, Walker and Trippier are his guys, he's just kind of been forced into it by Alexander-Arnold's form over the last few years.

Archived