Golf: The Majors and Minors 2021

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've wanted to have a larger conversation on sports washing for a while now. This example has always seemed extremely odd to me. How are they going to make up any of the insane amounts they're throwing around? Do they even care? 

Wrong thread for that. It can't be sports washing, because Golf is not a sport.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

PGA has officially suspended all golfers taking part in LIV's first tournament. I personally think they should have banned them all for life. 

I've wanted to have a larger conversation on sports washing for a while now. This example has always seemed extremely odd to me. How are they going to make up any of the insane amounts they're throwing around? Do they even care? 

I have no issue with it to be honest.

America sells fucking arms to the Saudis. If a golfer wants to take some money off them good for them.

When the US(and other western countries) sorts itself out then maybe its a discussion worth happening but atrocities happen in the US every week(how many kids were shot in the US last month?) and no one is boycotting US sports.

While being funded by the Saudis is a good way to turn public opinion against LIV, that's obviously not why the PGA is suspending the players.  I hadn't heard anything about this til I read the news this morning, but the worse association for LIV to me is that it's run by Greg Norman.

Anyway, I didn't read any specifics on how long they're "suspended."  Seems like the PGA hasn't really decided on that, no?

I don't think the PGA has decided much and it wouldn't be shocking if they caved. The financial resources behind LIV are staggering, with one estimate I heard today placing its value at around $600b. With that kind of money they could topple FIFA if they wanted to. 

• 1 month later...

LOL:

Former President Donald Trump took the side of the Saudi-backed LIV Golf tour over what he called a “very disloyal PGA” in a Monday morning post on TruthSocial [...]

All of those golfers that remain “loyal” to the very disloyal PGA, in all of its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big “thank you” from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year. If you don’t take the money now, you will get nothing after the merger takes place, and only say how smart the original signees were. Good luck to all, and congratulations to really talented Cam Smith on his incredible WIN!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Someone hit back to back hole in one's in the par 3 tournament, someone calculate the odds for me.  

Those are simulation-bingo odds.

ETA: Well, probably not that high, but pretty high nonetheless.

Edited by Spockydog

18 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Those are simulation-bingo odds.

ETA: Well, probably not that high, but pretty high nonetheless.

Come see me on the minigolf course. I'll ace half the holes, but I also might throw a club at the windmill...

Speaking of that Saudi $600 billion bankroll, perhaps they turn the tables and start declaring PGA tour members inelgible, start buying up venues and so forth. Be careful who you try to shove around. This competing influence will not be going quietly into the night.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit