Watch, Watched, Watching: Coming 2 America is the reward for our sinful life

Veltigar

I legitimately tell people "Don't go chasin' waterfalls" with no visible attempt at humor, and it's amazing how many baffled looks I get (interspersed with random people who pick up on it). I think of all the really great comedic roles in that film, Michael Keaton ends up on top. I wouldn't have been able to keep my shit together if I'd been on that stage set, that's for sure. I really do think it's one of the funniest movies of the last twenty years, and eminently rewatchable to boot.

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Shit, it was Jackson. 

"If I want to hear you talk I'll stick my hand up your ass and work your mouth like a puppet!"

I just can't imagine anyone else but Jackson in the role. 

1 minute ago, Argonath Diver said:

I legitimately tell people "Don't go chasin' waterfalls" with no visible attempt at humor, and it's amazing how many baffled looks I get (interspersed with random people who pick up on it). I think of all the really great comedic roles in that film, Michael Keaton ends up on top. I wouldn't have been able to keep my shit together if I'd been on that stage set, that's for sure. I really do think it's one of the funniest movies of the last twenty years, and eminently rewatchable to boot.

He's so great. "They returned your shoes, and your wooden gun. looks like they put a nice finish on there. might want to send them a thank you note." 

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ice-T was the narrator.  Shame!

It's a pretty bad mistaken given the movie only has a couple of scenes worth remembering, and the sheer but misguided bravery of The Rock and Jackson is one of them. 

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

"If I want to hear you talk I'll stick my hand up your ass and work your mouth like a puppet!"

I just can't imagine anyone else but Jackson in the role. 

Still doesn't match the TV edited line of Jackson being tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Still doesn't match the TV edited line of Jackson being tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane.

Definitely up there with The Big Lebowski's "This is what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps!"

of course it's better than the alternative. Look what they did to The Sopranos

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

You can never go wrong when you cast Mark Strong as the villain it seems :) 

Mark Strong is great and did fine with what they actually wrote Sivana as, but the OG Sivana is a gloriously silly take on the mad scientist trope, a cackling super-evil menace that should have been played by Toby Jones. It was Geoff Johns who came up with the slightly more serious take in the last couple years and unfortunately since Johns is a creative input on the movies that's the choice they went with for the film.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:26 PM, Veltigar said:

How was that Amazon series called again about the CIA agent turned folk singer that was popular on the board for a while. It had Prague stand in for pretty much every other European capital XD I thought that was so shameless it was hilarious :)

Give it it's name, Patriot :thumbsup: Good series.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So I can rent This is the End for $3.99, or I can just buy it digitally for also $3.99. Hard choice. Steal the show for me, Kenny Powers, you beautiful bastard.

I wouldn't pay a dime to see it.  Not the worst comedy in the world, but nauseatingly self-involved.  And McBride isn't really even in it that much.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

She shoulda killed those uberdouches when she had the chance.

Was the car chase scene in Pineapple Express 2 too much for you to take in?

Seriously though, I'm surprised your complaint is that it's too self-involved. That's the whole point. It's a bunch of actors playing themselves, largely playing worse versions of them, well except Franco, it seems like he's a bad person in general. 

I mean, did Michael Cera do nothing for you?

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Seriously though, I'm surprised your complaint is that it's too self-involved.

I'm aware of the premise, doesn't make watching their depiction of it any less nauseating.  And this is coming from someone who likes most of their movies.  

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, did Michael Cera do nothing for you?

I liked it when he died.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I'm aware of the premise, doesn't make watching their depiction of it any less nauseating.  And this is coming from someone who likes most of their movies.  

I just enjoy the volume of actors playing themselves and being so absurd. Just look at Channing Tatum being a sex slave.

I liked it when he died.

We've all been there though were we are asking others where your phone is and then you find it in your pocket.

11 hours ago, DMC said:

I liked it when he died.

This is why I loved Executive Decision! They killed off that pony tail douche bag early on, I literally cheered when it happened. 

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

This is why I loved Executive Decision! They killed off that pony tail douche bag early on, I literally cheered when it happened. 

I remember watching that when I was young, I think we rented it and watched it as a family.  We were all quite surprised when they killed him off.  Definitely made an otherwise totally forgettable film memorable.

Show fucking suck right now, dudes.  

Give me one that does not absolutely fucking blow.

I should preface:  I am limited in the access and have only cable, Netflix, HBO (not max) and Hulu.  

Is there a good show out there where the viewer would genuinely be like "fuck yeah, let me watch the next one?" like even one?  

I've seen everything already on HBO so no back category.  

Please help a wayward soul

Archived