Football: Alisson Wonderland

polishgenius

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If the courts ruled in his favor I don’t see why other players couldn’t say it applies to them as well.

The point is that very few other players have a clause that lets them release themselves. If anything it'd be more likely to help clubs if a player is due to be able to leave on a free and clubs would be able to delay that on the basis of unforseen circumstances. I can't think of many other circumstances where it might help a player leave a club, except if they have a timed release clause due to expire, and that would need a buying club to be interested and benefitting as well.

Shocking piece of defending from Brentford. Shades of United against Basaksehir. Looks like Brentford are going to bottle yet another play-off.

ETA. Brentford pull one back from the penalty spot. This game is really heating up.

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Fifa looking at having World Cup every 2 years. Fuck off. 

FIFA: The ESL is an evil money grab.

FIFA: Let's also make an evil money grab, this time with even more bribes and slavery.

Why is FIFA still a thing? 

Even worse, it was Saudi fucking Arabia that lobbied Fifa to look into the feasibility of holding the WC every two years and the Fifa congress has voted in favour of the Saudis proposal 166-22 to conduct a feasibility study. Knowing how corrupt and partial to bribery Fifa executives are there's a decent chance that this could actually happen, as moronic as it is. 

Leeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyy

I feel bad for him playing in the same generation as Ronaldo and Messi, if they hadn't distorted goalscoring standards beyond all recognition he'd have been rightfully acknowledged as an ATG long before this. In any normal era of football he'd definitely have been competing with your Zidanes and Ronaldo9s for the honour of best player in it.

And Werder dropped, just as I feared.

They were pummeled by Gladbach who were fighting for the conference league spot, which they failed to grab, because Union managed to beat Leipzig and thus stayed one point clear of Gladbach. Curious whether clubs will come knocking for some of Gladbach's players. Thuram could be a nice addition for the right team.

At the same time Köln managed to beat Schalke 1-0 (after having one goal ruled out for offside, which was arguably a more outrageous call than the one from the West Brom - Liverpool game). They nevertheless just kept on attacking and eventually managed to score that one vital goal to lift them above Werder and unto the relegation play-off spot.

The Lewandowski record goal was kinda funny. Bayern scored 4 goals in the first half, just Lewandowski couldn't beat Gikiewicz (who denied him three times for his record goal). Last minute Gikiewicz couldn't hold onto a long range attempt by Sane and Lewandowski was there for the rebound.

Talking about the Bundesliga what I forgot was, that Sami Khedira has ended his career. And what a career it was.

Also Lewandowski is now chasing after another Müller record.

Lewandowski has now topped the Bundesliga Goalscorer list six times. Müller has done so seven times.

And Suarez scores 21 league goals to lead Atleti to the title after Barca paid half his wages to terminate his contract and he joined Atleti on a free.

Also a fantastic comeback win from Real Betis after going two goals down to Celta Vigo. They then had a player sent off but held on for the win that secures them 6th place and automatic entry to the EL.

In Scotland, St Johnstone win the Scottish Cup to complete a double with the League Cup. That's the first time since the 1980s that a club outside the Old Firm has won both cups in Scotland, and Callum Davidson did it in his first season as a (permanent) manager. (He had a brief caretaker spell as player-manager at St Johnstone in 2014.)

I wish just getting news about La Liga was easier here, let alone coverage. This thread can be more helpful than a Google search at times.

Very happy for Suarez, but this likely means his MLS timeline is pushed back even further, if it ever happens. Wonder how this complicates Messi's decision. 

Archived