Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Targaryeninkingslanding

Who Was Jon Snow Switched With at Birth?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

There is still such a mystery regarding Jon Snow's parentage. There is a mystery about who his parents are and there are parallels of his situation in the book. The most notable parallel is the existence of Aemon Steelsong, switched with "monster" so that he would be safe.

Well if Rhaegar is like Mance, Lyanna is like Dalla, and Jon Snow (Aemon Targaryen) is like Aemon steelsong, maybe there exists a counterpart to Monster. the child of Wylla or the child of Ashara Dayne, but Who is this child? have we met them. Are they Ned Stark's True Bastard?

Is fAegon the real son of Ned Stark, protected by his mother Ashara Dayne/ Septa Lemore?

Is Dany his daughter, the girl who resembled Ashara Dayne so, and Remembers Lemons as a babe that could not have grown in Bravos, so where is the house with the red door? in dorne?

Is it Ned Dayne, raising his sisters child as his own so that Ned Stark may maintain his ruse?

For the purpose of this question lets just presume Jon was switched with someone, and it is a character we have met. Who do you think it is and why?

Edited by Targaryeninkingslanding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

There is still such a mystery regarding Jon Snow's parentage. There is a mystery about who his parents are and there are parallels of his situation in the book. The most notable parallel is the existence of Aemon Steelsong, switched with "monster" so that he would be safe.

Well if Rhaegar is like Mance, Lyanna is like Dalla, and Jon Snow (Aemon Targaryen) is like Aemon steelsong, maybe there exists a counterpart to Monster. the child of Wylla or the child of Ashara Dayne, but Who is this child? have we met them. Are they Ned Stark's True Bastard?

Is fAegon the real son of Ned Stark, protected by his mother Ashara Dayne/ Septa Lemore?

Is Dany his daughter, the girl who resembled Ashara Dayne so, and Remembers Lemons as a babe that could not have grown in Bravos, so where is the house with the red door? in dorne?

Is it Ned Dayne, raising his sisters child as his own so that Ned Stark may maintain his ruse?

For the purpose of this question lets just presume Jon was switched with someone, and it is a character we have met. Who do you think it is and why?

Not Ned Dayne, Ned Dayne is on an age with Sansa.

Edited by Angel Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Is fAegon the real son of Ned Stark, protected by his mother Ashara Dayne/ Septa Lemore?

Nah, I've already made up my mind here.  fAegon is the real son of Doran Martell, protected by his mother Mellario of Norvos / Septa Lemore.

36 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Is Dany his daughter, the girl who resembled Ashara Dayne so, and Remembers Lemons as a babe that could not have grown in Bravos, so where is the house with the red door? in dorne?

Ok, let's play with this one.  Offhand, I would say no, because where would the dragon heritage come from?

But lately I have been considering that children of Rickard Stark, and Lyanna in particular, might have Targ heritage, and this might help explain Lyanna's striking beauty.  One clue for me was that Rickard married Lady Stark, his cousin, so his children would not necessarily need to be his own to have the Stark look to some extent.  Another clue, in the World Book, was that Lord Rickard Stark was at Court during Aerys' randy period, suggesting the possibility that his wife may have been with him.   And we know Aerys had a thing for other men's wives.  If we push this idea a little further, it may be that Ned was also a child of Aerys.  And if Ashara were also a child off Aerys (she is also old enough to have been conceived during Aerys' randy period), it may be that there was dragon blood on both sides.

That said, I don't see much support for this idea.

36 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Is it Ned Dayne, raising his sisters child as his own so that Ned Stark may maintain his ruse?

No.  Edric Dayne is too young.  

36 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

For the purpose of this question lets just presume Jon was switched with someone, and it is a character we have met. Who do you think it is and why?

Don't have any bright ideas at the moment.  But I once composed a list of children born at or around Robert's Rebellion, to be used for "make-your-own-baby-swap-theory" purposes.  Perhaps I should try to dig it up or recreate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Jon was fathered by Ned on Ashara. Or fathered by Mance on Lyanna.  He is a bastard, born out of wedlock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Don't have any bright ideas at the moment.  But I once composed a list of children born at or around Robert's Rebellion, to be used for "make-your-own-baby-swap-theory" purposes.  Perhaps I should try to dig it up or recreate it.

That would be awesome actually. no worries if not though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hrulj said:

Jon is son of Ned and Ashara. Son of Rhegar  on Lyana was killed by Ned when she asked him to promise her to kill all Targaryens. 

wow. dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hrulj said:

Jon is son of Ned and Ashara.

Agreed.

10 hours ago, Hrulj said:

Son of Rhegar  on Lyana was killed by Ned when she asked him to promise her to kill all Targaryens. 

I believe this child is Aegon and was raised by Ashara AKA Septa Lemore.

Would be a win/win. Ashara couldn´t stay with her babe at WF, Ned couldn´t leave his nephew in Westeros because of his Targ looks. And this counts as baby swap for Ashara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said this before (and that is because I am a believer in N+A= J and R+L= A)

Jon is the trueborn son of Ned and Ashara... (Jon was most likely conceived in the weeks while Ned was waiting for the northern armies to assemble, in the Wolfs den)... 

When Ned was at the Tower of Joy, he saw Lyanna with a babe that was Rhaegar's, the issue is this babe had full blown Targ traits and Robert would have killed him. When he went to Starfall he brought with him Dawn and baby Aegon (yes Aegon is legit, he thinks he's the son of Rhaegar and Elia but no his mother is truly Lyanna...) Ned made a promise to Lyanna to keep the babe safe (he wouldn't be able to hide him and claim him as his bastard because of his looks)

Ned swapped baby Aegon with Ashara for Jon (note that Jon is a dayne baby....) Because what do you know father like son, I believe that Mance is Arthur Dayne... Jon years later swapped Mances baby (ANOTHER DAYNE BABY...) With Sam's baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

 

Don't have any bright ideas at the moment.  But I once composed a list of children born at or around Robert's Rebellion, to be used for "make-your-own-baby-swap-theory" purposes.  Perhaps I should try to dig it up or recreate it.

I did the same several years ago; that's how I came to my pet theory that Ashara & Elia switched babes at birth. Both pregnancies would fall into the post-Harrenhal / pre-RR window, they could have been on Dragonstone at the same time, and they would have had motive. Elia needed to provide Rhaegar with an heir & a stillborn daughter would not serve, Ashara would have lost standing if it was known she had a bastard boy, but a child of hers that had the silver hair and purple eyes of the Daynes would have 'looked like a Targaryen'. And it explains the timing of her throwing herself from the tower in grief, as she would have just learnt of the the death of her son.

The birth of Jon Snow does not overlap so neatly, in time or geography. He wasn't switched, the Jon we know is the one with the Stark blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buried Treasure said:

I did the same several years ago; that's how I came to my pet theory that Ashara & Elia switched babes at birth. Both pregnancies would fall into the post-Harrenhal / pre-RR window, they could have been on Dragonstone at the same time, and they would have had motive. Elia needed to provide Rhaegar with an heir & a stillborn daughter would not serve, Ashara would have lost standing if it was known she had a bastard boy, but a child of hers that had the silver hair and purple eyes of the Daynes would have 'looked like a Targaryen'. And it explains the timing of her throwing herself from the tower in grief, as she would have just learnt of the the death of her son.

The birth of Jon Snow does not overlap so neatly, in time or geography. He wasn't switched, the Jon we know is the one with the Stark blood.

haha, yeah you're probably right. still, makes for a fun game. and wouldn't it be crazy if it was true and Neds true son was staring us in the face 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Another Jon parentage thread. George pls finish it fast. 

If he finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

If he finishes.

Hey, I just became optimistic after years of cynicism. Wait for a few weeks before bringing me back to reality 

Spoiler

Seems like I never changed. Sigh 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Hey, I just became optimistic after years of cynicism. Wait for a few weeks before bringing me back to reality 

  Reveal hidden contents

Seems like I never changed. Sigh 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Optimistic!  Here's something joyful to add to your day.  :D

"GHUNGROO" - BOLLYWOOD DANCE | HRITHIK ROSHAN | SHIVANI AND CHAYA CHOREOGRAPHY #BFUNK #BOLLYFUNK - YouTube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fun and tragedy.

 Jon is Barbrey Dustin and Brandon’s. Legitimate heir and true Lord of Winterfell! (Dramatic Chord)     
Brandon dumps Cat, she’s used goods, returns north to wed barbrey thus forcing Rodrick to agree to wed Cat. R & B die going south. Ned won’t give up the alliance or Lordship.  
Margery Tyrell’ish.
 

delores Ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For fun and a dark laugh.

Ned is a really terrible mid-wife.
Totally butchers the delivery with Lyanna. 
But hey, shit happens when you do a caesarean with steel Valerian.

Lyanna asks to see baby. Ned thinks fast and grabs Ashara’s baby with one hand and pushes her out the window with the other. 
Mr butterfingers returns to his sister’s bloody bed with Lyanna  none the wiser.

Promise me Ned. Promise me that you’ll raise this baby.”

”This baby right here?” 

Yes Ned. Promise your dying sister that you will raise this baby. As your own.”

My own? This specific baby? Or..

Yes this baby :cough: :cough: swear it before I die, hurry

 ”………fuuuuuuuck.”

Edited by Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Where's Hrithik Roshan? Singing? I'm not into dance though as compared to music. He's a pretty decent actor 

These are normal people having fun.  You are just supposed to enjoy it.  Also, this is your generation taking classical dance and turning it into something new.  I didn't mean to derail the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...