US Politics: all the progressive's fault

Kalbear

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but it legitimizes a very shady organisation that has, for example, radicalized Lindell, but perhaps more importantly, directly supports anti-LGBTQ+ legislation in foreign countries.

Ofc, on the surface, it's just an opportunity to demonstrate bipartisanship with fascists and their enablers, so that's... good, I guess.

Does anyone know if there is a law concerning profanity being displayed from private property towards public roads? One neighbor put up a new flag pole a few feet from the roadside so he could display his “Fuck Biden” flag. I guess that is okay? It’s been ongoing for months at this point. 

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Does anyone know if there is a law concerning profanity being displayed from private property towards public roads? One neighbor put up a new flag pole a few feet from the roadside so he could display his “Fuck Biden” flag. I guess that is okay? It’s been ongoing for months at this point. 

If not and he’s allowed to display it according to the law - photoshop this person and the president onto a couple, tastefully mid-coitus (in whatever position you think would bother the person the most, but not graphic enough to be illegal).  Print on a flag  with an “I Agree” caption (“I Support My Neighbors Sexual Attraction to Biden” is probably too long).

22 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The neighbor, if they are too close to the road, could be infringing upon State or local road maintenance easements.  Beyond that you will have serious 1st Amendment problems getting State support for removing his vulgar flag.  

ETA:

I like Vigo’s idea.  :)

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The neighbor, if they are too close to the road, could be infringing upon State or local road maintenance easements.  Beyond that you will have serious 1st Amendment problems getting State support for removing his vulgar flag.  

Huh. I thought there may have been laws already passed because of pissed off parents that prevented vulgarity next to public roads.

Oh well. 

Edit: I believe he did his research. The pole is not close enough to the road to be removed because of a road maintenance issue. 

Honestly, it is the disrespect to the office that bothers me the most. For four damn years I had to refer to him as “President Trump” because he was elected President. (Which I did no matter how much I despised the man.)

The flag could at least read, “Fuck President Biden”.

44 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Huh. I thought there may have been laws already passed because of pissed off parents that prevented vulgarity next to public roads.

Oh well. 

Edit: I believe he did his research. The pole is not close enough to the road to be removed because of a road maintenance issue. 

This is not to say there aren’t State and local laws.  It would simply be sad to see the ACLU dragooned into taking up his case.  As such I think Vigo’s idea is best.  You are as protected as your neighbor and it points out how stupid their flag is.  Ultimately that course of action would be cheaper than hireing attorneys to fight a losing battle.

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Ofc, on the surface, it's just an opportunity to demonstrate bipartisanship with fascists and their enablers, so that's... good, I guess.

I mean, if Biden just simply met with the Senate GOP he'd be eating breakfast with a much more fascist, racist, bigoted and conspiratorial group, but nobody is gonna get up in arms nor write conspiratorial op-eds about it.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You know, I appreciate the straightforward honesty of a simple "Fuck Biden."

I'll take it over the abject stupidity when cow-tipping moronic chuds think that "Let's go Brandon!" is some subtle and edgy dig at the president. Like thinking "Ooh, let's see those commies cancel me now with this one!" Like anyone really gives a shit. Just be honest and say fuck Joe Biden.

If I had a nickel for every time I said fuck Trump during his presidency... I'd still have less money than Trump but I would've earned it without screwing over and grifting millions of people.

Pretty gauche to put that on a flag though.

1 minute ago, Durckad said:

You know, I appreciate the straightforward honesty of a simple "Fuck Biden."

I'll take it over the abject stupidity when cow-tipping moronic chuds think that "Let's go Brandon!" is some subtle and edgy dig at the president. Like thinking "Ooh, let's see those commies cancel me now with this one!" Like anyone really gives a shit. Just be honest and say fuck Joe Biden.

Ugh. I have to look at this phrase whenever I get gas. Apparently it has become a thing to write in permanent marker on gas station pumps. 

Try as I might, I can't bring myself to see any issue with 'Let's go Brandon'.

After all, a section of the left thought that Drumpf stuff was the height of clever wit for a while.

Speaking of salon op-eds, saw this one from Amanda Marcotte the other day - Stop feeding Joe Rogan's trolls: Progressives must reclaim the politics of pleasure - 

The progressive world had better music, more interesting books, and entertaining parties. Feminism interwove political discourse with pop culture, fashion, and sex. Liberalism was an ideology that promoted curiosity, beauty, humor, and freedom — so totally unlike the small-minded and boring conservatives I grew up around. When I think about attracting people to the left now and getting them motivated, however, I have to admit that it no longer seems so obvious that liberals are the fun ones.

It's not just that the right has done a surprisingly good job at marketing themselves as edgy trolls and painting the left as a bunch of dour snowflakes. Progressives in the past couple of years haven't been doing ourselves many favors. The dominant discourse is so often focused on suffering and surviving, without any talk about happiness and thriving as a counterbalance. (Calling the stimulus checks "survival checks" is a good example of the grim vocabulary that dominates lefty rhetoric.) Humor is in short supply. The gleeful progressivism I used to know has been replaced by competitive self-denial.

I have no opinion on Joe Rogan, and my instinct is to defend the left against such attacks, but it's not hard to see how the incessant internet whining and tiresome hyperbolic outrage one-upmanship is a distinct turnoff to regular voters.

25 minutes ago, mormont said:

Try as I might, I can't bring myself to see any issue with 'Let's go Brandon'.

After all, a section of the left thought that Drumpf stuff was the height of clever wit for a while.

Hey, "Two wrongs don't make a right" is a very true cliche. 

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Honestly, it is the disrespect to the office that bothers me the most. For four damn years I had to refer to him as “President Trump” because he was elected President. (Which I did no matter how much I despised the man.)

The flag could at least read, “Fuck President Biden”.

There you have a slogan for a bed sheet, if you want to engage into this dick waving contest.

It's still President Biden for you.

Archived