MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

Agreed. It was weird seeing FA destination stuff and seeing his name as a potential signee elsewhere. I mean come on he's gotta stay there. I imagine it felt the same as the silly articles about Yadi signing anywhere else.  There aren't many one-team stars left but I respect the hell out of those last few. I hope Kersh wins 20 games and loses the only important ones to the Cards.

In case anyone is interest in joining the long running fantasy baseball league here -- 

May be fun to add a discord chat too -- I've played in a couple leagues that have done this which really helps keeping things active and engaged.

I like that the Twins got a decent arm (I hope) in Gray earlier in the day.

Then, they moved a bunch of owed money to New York. I am not in love with Sanchez and Urshela but they are younger than Donaldson, so if I am crossing fingers for returns to form, may as well lower the ages and price tag.

Wish Donaldson well but also hope he bombs out because of the traditional eff the Yankees.

Twins' rotation is still a clown car, though? Or a mystery car?

8 hours ago, DMC said:

Bah.  I mean, I don't mind the trade in a vacuum.  Just that it seems very likely this means the Yanks are pretty much done, at least offensively, and Josh Donaldson and IKF don't exactly knock my socks off.  Cheapo fucks.

I’m a little higher on the Bah scale because of Urshela. Yanks dumping Sanchez due to his play the past two seasons I get, but Boonie said earlier yesterday that Urshela would be their starting shortstop. IKF ranks pretty high on the defensive metric aspect, but his bat (pop-wise) doesn’t scream Bronx Bomber. 

14 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

I’m a little higher on the Bah scale because of Urshela.

Meh Urshela for IKF is a pretty even trade, and I understand preferring the latter to man short through a full season.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just say no, it looks better...

How have you not seen a bunch of high profile athletes make asses of themselves, in many ways - big and small - but then still chose this move. FFS

30 minutes ago, Week said:

How have you not seen a bunch of high profile athletes make asses of themselves, in many ways - big and small - but then still chose this move. FFS

Because I don't respect anti-vaxxers, especially if that's how they're going to address their status.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Because I don't respect anti-vaxxers, especially if that's how they're going to address their status.

Lol, I meant how much of an idiot is he that this is what he says in March, year of our lord 2022. C'mon, Judge -- learn from Rodgers, Djokovic, Kyrie, etc.

4 hours ago, Week said:

Lol, I meant how much of an idiot is he that this is what he says in March, year of our lord 2022. C'mon, Judge -- learn from Rodgers, Djokovic, Kyrie, etc.

Ah gotcha. 

At least in Kyrie's case he owned it. But the others, I can only assume they think we're all idiots.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

At least in Kyrie's case he owned it. But the others, I can only assume they think we're all idiots.

Of course they think that. 

And Schwarber to the Phillies.  Boo. Hoped he'd return to Chicago.  But, hey! The Cube landed Seiya Suzuki!

If Judge has to sit out home games (and games in Toronto) because he won't get vaccinated he's gonna lose that golden boy status reeeeeeeeal fast.  The New York media will be relentless.

Anyway, the Yanks re-signed Rizzo for 2/36, or 16 a year.  Combined with taking on Donaldson's contract, that's just about the AAV of what Carlos Correa will get.  But the Yanks are content on taking on older, short term assets that will ensure they continue to be competitive, but not put them over the hump as a championship caliber team.  Very, very frustrating.

Archived