Elden Ring

RumHam

Online is working on xbox now.

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

What are ash summons? I have one summon thing that’s 3 wolves. You mean that?

Yeah. One you get from 

Spoiler

Talking to an NPC a bunch. Just a heads up

I'm not sure what you mean about the flask limiting. that must be an online thing? maybe try him with the golden summon? Though I couldn't beat him at ~25. 

29 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Online is working on xbox now.

Yeah. One you get from 

Reveal hidden contents

Talking to an NPC a bunch. Just a heads up

I'm not sure what you mean about the flask limiting. that must be an online thing? maybe try him with the golden summon? Though I couldn't beat him at ~25. 

I did golden summon a few times… we still failed. I need to level up for sure. 

45 minutes ago, Mexal said:

What are ash summons? I have one summon thing that’s 3 wolves. You mean that?

Still haven’t killed Margit, not sure how I could at my level really. I’m like level 20. I got him down 3/4ths if the way with some summoned players but died. I hate how they limit my flasks in there. I went from 5 to 2 when I enter his area abs that’s brutal as a magic user at this level.

So far, definitely the longest I’ve played a FromSoftware game so there is that.

Yeah, the 3 wolves are one of them. I'm pretty they're called ash summons.

I don't think my flasks were limited in the fight though, that sounds odd.

Also, if you haven't already, feel free to go west or south of where you've been. There's a ton of stuff to explore before fighting Margit if you want. I still haven't seen anywhere close to all of it.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Yeah, the 3 wolves are one of them. I'm pretty they're called ash summons.

I don't think my flasks were limited in the fight though, that sounds odd.

Also, if you haven't already, feel free to go west or south of where you've been. There's a ton of stuff to explore before fighting Margit if you want. I still haven't seen anywhere close to all of it.

Yea that’s what I’ve started doing. I did west and started playing around to the east and now exploring south. I went to the castle first cause it directed me but clearly lord left to do here before I’m ready to move on. I also still suck at melee fighting.

22 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yea that’s what I’ve started doing. I did west and started playing around to the east and now exploring south. I went to the castle first cause it directed me but clearly lord left to do here before I’m ready to move on. I also still suck at melee fighting.

In terms of Margit if you want to know specifically where to get that item I mentioned

Spoiler

it's in Murkwater Cave, not to be confused with Murkwater Catacombs. You need to go down to the lakebed and then up through the dried riverbed and it's on the left. 

I finally beat him, the item helped for sure but also the choice of ash summons matters a lot. the wolves suck!

Beat my first lord (or whatever they're called), damn was my heart pumping towards the end. Got an incredibly large amount of lore dumped on me after that. I would guess that GRRM's influence, but who knows? It all seemed apace with the kind of lore From usually rolls with, but it was delivered clearly and in detail.

And now I'm not sure what to do. There are (at least) three areas all apparently the size of Limgrave that I could go to next, not sure which to take on. The one the game funnels you to after beating the lord seems wildly too hard. The basic trash enemies all take 5-6 hits to kill, which seems like way too big a difficulty jump. So I assume I'm supposed to go elsewhere first. Plus I'm sure I'm still missing a ton of stuff in Limgrave I could find, and I still have the last boss at Castle Morne as well.

Fez,

Which boss/demigod was it? I don't have the game but have been curious as to the lore and have been looking at some videos of someone who seems to have hacked his way to a high-level character and then done most of the major encounters. He includes the cutscenes, sometimes.

I acquired a weapon that has made things a lot easier. Though I may regret it later. 

Spoiler

I killed Patches after the second time he fucked me over. Dude dropped a Spear +7! Considering my sword was +1 that seems like a pretty big upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Fez,

Which boss/demigod was it? I don't have the game but have been curious as to the lore and have been looking at some videos of someone who seems to have hacked his way to a high-level character and then done most of the major encounters. He includes the cutscenes, sometimes.

Spoiler

It was after beating Godrick the Grafted. However, the lore dump wasn't a cutscene; it was a series of conversations that I unlocked with two characters named Gideon Ofnir and Enia. 

Finally killed Magrit. I was level 22 with the sorcerer and summoned noble ashes. I also got myself the Meteorite Staff (with S Int scaling) and Rock Sling spell and that did awesome damage plus knocked him down a few times. I've done a bit of exploring and really... this game is really really great. When you come across a skull steampunk machine thing that shoots fire at you in the middle of a blighted land (Caelid), it's hard to hate this game.

Not really feeling Liurnia of the Lakes as much as Limgrave yet. Kinda feels large just for the sake of being large, and for the incredible view of it when you first enter the area. It's almost twice as big as Limgrave, but I've found relatively few points of interest in it. I'm sure I'm missing things (just like I know I haven't found everything in Limgrave yet). But in Limgrave there was new stuff to discover around every corner, whereas in Liurnia I'll ride through open countryside for minutes at a time and not find anything; not even random trash enemies.

I haven't really explored Caelid or Siofra yet, and I don't even know what the other areas of the games are. So I'm hoping its just a case of Liurnia going for a desolate, empty vibe; rather than it being that FromSoft worked on Limgrave first and after they were done realized they didn't have the time to pack everywhere else with as much content.

There's certainly still stuff to do in Liurnia besides beeline to the legacy dungeon, but it is so spread out.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:13 PM, RumHam said:

In terms of Margit if you want to know specifically where to get that item I mentioned

Hide contents

it's in Murkwater Cave, not to be confused with Murkwater Catacombs. You need to go down to the lakebed and then up through the dried riverbed and it's on the left. 

I finally beat him, the item helped for sure but also the choice of ash summons matters a lot. the wolves suck!

The wolves suck against him. The jellyfish is fantastic vs him or really any single target boss.

59 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

The wolves suck against him. The jellyfish is fantastic vs him or really any single target boss.

I'll have to try the jellyfish on Godrick, he whooped me a few times last night. I've been using the skeleton militia because provided no one hits them while they're down they come back to life.

19 hours ago, RumHam said:

Hey did anyone buy those notes from the vendor in the church? Any idea like...what they're indicating? 

I found the item mentioned in one note. I can't say the note helped at all though.

Spoiler

another flask, one that lets you mix custom potions. Right now I have it set to refill 50% health and boost max stamina. Seems helpful.

Edit: I also meant to mention: don't freak out if you get a "failed to load save data" error. Just reset the game. I thought for a second I'd lost my progress. 

Decided to switch gears and do things I normally do in open world games and do more exploration first.  Have spent most of my time just riding my horse and finding grace points, smaller dungeons, map fragments, loose items, and marking out boss areas that I'm riding past.  Got my twinblade up to +7, wolves to +3, some really sweet spells, a few cool abilities, flask is up to +5, a bunch of flasks (8 or 9), an amulet that slowly recovers health, most of the map filled out, and up to level 24.

Still doing some more exploring before going back to Margit, but he shouldn't pose a problem once I'm ready.  I forgot that the part I love about these games are the dungeons and levels and less so the bosses - and this game absolutely shines in this area.  Might take off early again this afternoon to get some more time to play.  My wife already hates this game :fencing:

Archived