US Politics: I Don't Like Mondays

1 hour ago, JGP said:

There were/are also like, 2 other shootings happening simultaneously I think?

edited: cause may not be past tense

I saw something about a shooting involving a student in LA, but that's it.

ETA: The other you might be hearing about is a young woman getting shot in Pennsylvania. But who knows, that could just be another random shooting.

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lake said:

The 21st Century American Dream is a nicely painted barbed-wire fence and two AR's in every garage.  

Don't forget big, thick doors. Can't have any penetration.

The Uvalde Police Department is threatening reporters with criminal trespass citations for staying in the parking lot of the Uvalde CISD to report on the shooting and its aftermath.  

Wow.  Full on open and obvious coverup without push back or consequences:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-officers-threaten-to-charge-journalists-if-they-dont-leave-uvalde-school-district-hq?_amp=true

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

I raise you ....

Well now I just wanna link to one of the many versions of "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" Justified uses throughout the series, but I'll spare everybody's browsers.

You know, that Cawthorne eruption about coke 'n queer orgies among the conger critters to which he received invitations and heroically did not accept, is curiously reminiscent of what this history of teh gay in D.C. gummit depicts.  One wonders if he too saw some early distributed excerpts and the read engaged the bottom feeder slime that is his character.

“Secret City: The Hidden History of Gay Washington” (Henry Holt & Co.), by James Kirchick, is being reviewed and written about throughout the media. I provided a link here a while back to an excerpt in Politico.

Here's the NYer Mag's take. 

-- What Made Washington, D.C., the “Gayest and Most Antigay City in America” Life in the nation’s capital during the age when outing became a political weapon.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/under-review/what-made-washington-dc-the-gayest-and-most-antigay-city-in-america

.... Blick began by explaining that “a well-known espionage tactic” entailed luring female government staffers “into the communist underground by involving them in lesbian practices.” Then, he said, foreign governments—by which he meant, principally, the Soviet Union—filmed the women engaged in sexual acts and used the tapes to blackmail them into becoming spies. Blick said that he had identified forty to fifty female government employees who had participated in these “sex orgies,” and that many more were likely to surface: five thousand homosexuals lived in D.C., Blick said, including nearly four thousand who worked for the federal government. They were all at risk of Soviet blackmail and infiltration. To protect the government, Blick had been compiling a list of names of homosexuals in the Washington, D.C., area. Blick kept the list locked in a metal safe at police headquarters.

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

You know, that Cawthorne eruption about coke 'n queer orgies among the conger critters to which he received invitations and heroically did not accept, is curiously reminiscent of what this history of teh gay in D.C. gummit depicts.  One wonders if he too saw some early distributed excerpts and the read engaged the bottom feeder slime that is his character.

“Secret City: The Hidden History of Gay Washington” (Henry Holt & Co.), by James Kirchick, is being reviewed and written about throughout the media. I provided a link here a while back to an excerpt in Politico.

Here's the NYer Mag's take. 

-- What Made Washington, D.C., the “Gayest and Most Antigay City in America” Life in the nation’s capital during the age when outing became a political weapon.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/under-review/what-made-washington-dc-the-gayest-and-most-antigay-city-in-america

How J. Edgar Hoover was never outed remains a mystery. Oh and Ronnie Reagan too.

16 minutes ago, maarsen said:

How J. Edgar Hoover was never outed remains a mystery.

Maybe because he knew everything about everybody, and they were terrified. :dunno:  Also media not the exposer of everything of the rich, celebrated and powerful it is today?

Top of the news feed as of mere minutes ago - four people killed by a gunman at a Tulsa medical center, others injured. Article didn't mention it, but I wonder if the medical center was of the reviled 'family planning' variety.

At least 4 dead, multiple people injured in shooting at Oklahoma medical building (msn.com)

Dispatchers received a 911 call shortly before 5 p.m. local time about a man walking with a rifle at the Natalie Building, a physicians' office building on the Saint Francis Hospital campus. When police responded, they said it turned into an active shooter situation, according to Tulsa Police Capt. Richard Meulenberg.

When police entered the building, they found multiple people shot in one area on the second floor, including in an orthopedic office, authorities said. The victims could be a combination both of employees and visitors, authorities initially said.

Guess we can figure the nation's achieved maximum saturation of both guns and the propaganda to use them now?

Multiple people injured in shooting at Wisconsin cemetery during funeral
Graceland Cemetery in Racine is about 30 miles south of downtown Milwaukee, just off Lake Michiga
n.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-people-injured-shooting-wisconsin-cemetery-funeral-rcna31737

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Maybe because he knew everything about everybody, and they were terrified. :dunno:  Also media not the exposer of everything of the rich, celebrated and powerful it is today?

Back in the day a lot of media was uncomfortable reporting stuff about people's personal lives. Pretty sure the Washington press was well aware of JFK's philandering, for example, and didn't report on it as far as I'm aware.

On 6/1/2022 at 2:34 PM, Zorral said:

That seriously toxic judgment call on how to handle this drill in your school doesn't invalidate that the drills the Uvalde kids and teachers had experienced, helped some of the Uvalde kids, since they knew what to do.  Their teachers' behaviors show how well they understood what was going on.  And how much they cared for the kids. Clearly this wasn't a school with stupid people running it.  The more one reads  from the Uvalde kids' own words the more one sees this.

And by golly, having gone through this, the real thing, they are now traumatized.

I was more responding to the article you posted that takes into account the good and bad, and I was sharing an example of the bad. My reply wasn't about disparaging Uvalde teachers/school. The protocols for lockdowns are highly problematic--some good and lots of bad.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:37 AM, Week said:

Do you believe any of this crap that falls out of your mouth when you are liquored up enough to wander here from under your bridge? 

Nod to your Ray Epp's conspiracy theory (which speaks to the ability to assess evidence and good faith analysis) -- https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.html

Quite a lot of videos and tracking -- https://jan6evidence.com/#/e?latitude=38.892&longitude=-77.02&zoom=13.5

Recon tours given the day before -- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/19/january-6-panel-congress-reconnaissance-tours-capitol

etc. etc. etc

I get that the stuff on revolver is going to be discounted by the people comforted by the mega cap owned media.  But the truth is out there.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

@mcbigski

There is being skeptical and there is being blind.

Which are you?

Weirdly, you used to be one of the skeptics here.  Now you seem like someone who is demonstrating that some people actually believed Pravda was truth.  Let's just believe whatever ABC news says is gospel.  They're looking out for your kids and truth and justice sure. 

It's an organization problem like lobbyists.  The common good gets shafted because the narrowest interests can organize vote buying more profitably for congress people than 300 million people getting fucked out of 10's or 100's dollars each.

I personally don't trust any media organization that's controlled by .1% owners or the government.  But that's redundant sadly.  There ought to be a word for corporate/government fusion where us regular folks get marginalized compared to the state.

And the day isn't finished yet with mass gun murder:

Two women shot dead in Iowa megachurch holding event for college-age worshippers.

https://www.rawstory.com/two-women-shot-in-iowa-megachurch-holding-event-for-college-age-worshippers-report/

I have reported TWO just this evening here in the USA YAY.

The cadres are out.

7 hours ago, maarsen said:

How J. Edgar Hoover was never outed remains a mystery. Oh and Ronnie Reagan too.

It's absolutely no mystery why Hoover was never outed.  It was just a different version of MAD.  As for "Ronnie Reagan," not sure which one you're referring to.  In terms of the elder there wasn't anything to out. 

5 hours ago, DMC said:

It's absolutely no mystery why Hoover was never outed.  It was just a different version of MAD.  As for "Ronnie Reagan," not sure which one you're referring to.  In terms of the elder there wasn't anything to out. 

The article Zorral posted earlier about the homosexual mafia in DC specifically mention Ronnie.

Archived