US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

41 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I do not see Trump as having any charisma.  That may be a “me” thing but I have found him unpleasant since I first became aware of his existence in the 1980s.

I think Michael Cohen might enlighten you how the orange one can corrupt you.

With the SS I imagine it to be a slow and steady process.

You guys are the greatest. Do you want a Diet Coke? See, I just have to push this button here, and they'll bring me one. You should try it, c'mon on try it. See. 

That Hope Hicks chick, is hot, don't you think, The hottest women, they all work for me. Bet you are good with the ladies, eh? 

Wanna play a few rounds, when your shifts over? Merde-ar-lago the best Golf course there's.

Small gifts, and casual blurring of lines between professional and private. Sending the SS beer and booze to their quarters. 

Him doing a line of coke, and ask/tell the agent watching, whether he want one, too.

That's at least, how I think things went.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Are mosquitos and/or ticks greater than Trump?

It does depend on your definition of "great", of course, but I'd argue that they have a place in the natural order of things and a role to fill in nature. 

Trump seems more to exist solely to destroy, which makes him lesser in a way. 

Though, should one be more serious for a moment, we do tend to give value to human life in itself. 

But mostly, I think that for the first time in a while Republicans have someone that they genuinely love. Who does care deeply about telling any non-white people to go fuck themselves out of the US. Other Republicans have occasionally paid lip service to that some times, but none are as genuinely hateful and vindictive as they want their leader to be. 

Bush Jr. and Cheney really got this hate train going. With the torture, and changing the name for torture, and classifying people. But they also half-assed it by pretending to respect people and human rights at the same time as they were doing this. Trump is just completing the job. So he not only advocates for torture, but puts an actual white nationalist in charge of immigration policy and implements a Muslim ban.

28 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Bush Jr. and Cheney really got this hate train going. With the torture, and changing the name for torture, and classifying people. But they also half-assed it by pretending to respect people and human rights at the same time as they were doing this. Trump is just completing the job. So he not only advocates for torture, but puts an actual white nationalist in charge of immigration policy and implements a Muslim ban.

Don’t forget the child separation policy.  Many Magats loved that and supported it. They love the cruelty. 

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I do not see Trump as having any charisma.  That may be a “me” thing but I have found him unpleasant since I first became aware of his existence in the 1980s.

There are different kinds of "charisma". For people who are angry and have been told for years that Democrats are out to destroy the American way of life, "unpleasant" is part of the charisma they want.

41 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

They’d never get above 40% of the electorate if they were the GOP candidate. 

edit: maybe 45% if they ran as anti-insect. 

Republicans would absolutely vote for Candidate Mosquito if it was the GOP nominee.  

7 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I mean the juiciest bits were the alleged affairs of Melania and Tiffany with some SS members. I assumed, that was hyperbole (but who knows). Didn't one of the SS guys once forget/lose a gun at a hotel?! Of course, this social and moral cancer DJT metatastasized and the SS were the ones with the most exposure. 

Just letting you know I immediately did a double take while reading your comment. Because I haven't seen SS written as acronym for Secret Service, so I automatically thought Schutzstaffel. So there's that :ph34r:

I think that for the first time in a while Republicans have someone that they genuinely love. Who does care deeply about telling any non-white people to go fuck themselves out of the US. 

This is true for about half of them but the other half don't really give a shit about Trump personally and are concerned about whether or not he's the best guy to sustain/reclaim their fascist empire. 

7 hours ago, TormundsWoman said:

Just letting you know I immediately did a double take while reading your comment. Because I haven't seen SS written as acronym for Secret Service, so I automatically thought Schutzstaffel. So there's that :ph34r:

That was the future he envisioned for it, had he won that second term.

8 hours ago, TormundsWoman said:

Everyone knows the original function of the Schutzstaffel, right?

This last week has been early voting for our primary on the 22nd.  All week our local public radio prime time talk show has been hosting a call-in segment by age groups of voters to speak about the issues they feel most pressing.  Today is the concluding segment, which is voters age 90 and older.  Woo!  All the callers from every age group have been sharp and informed. This group is no different, including voters who just turned 100!  When they were born hardly anyone had radios yet, and now they are dealing with the internet, and social media.  They have very involved children, grandchildren and great grand children.  The vast majority of the callers from each age group before share the same concerns this one does: voting rights, climate change, racism and romperdoody and what's he's done to the country. They remember so well the battles 'progressives' and FDR had to fight to keep the country from going the path of Germany and Spain and Italy and Japan back before WWII. They remember the changes that Russian Revolution brought in.  This group's biggest anger with romperdoody and his fascist followers is their determination to end the separation of church and state and make this an authoritarian religious state.  The women -- they remember what things were like before -- not just antibiotics and vaccinations -- but before simple contraception, when women died way too often from childbirth -- too many children.  This segment has been fascinating, hearing the people speak of those times, people who were there then, and are still here now.

Archived