MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

@Relic 

No way Gunn didn't make sure that was so.

Dude understands creatives.

I'm actually quite intrigued where his perspective is going to influence the new direction at DC content WB. He's a little too vague and hinty right now, but hyping is part of the job. 

He's posted about Kingdom Come [on Mastodon, I think?] And that could be sick. They'd have to rein back and build up to that, or Gunn and all will say fuck it and go straight at it, see what sticks.

I'd prefer Cosmic Odyssey, always segue Kirby content in, but though not an original concept, to skip back, Kingdom Come contrasts two different ages of the comic media.    

46 minutes ago, JGP said:

So can anyone tell me what I'm looking at here?  Why are they wearing uniforms?  That wasn't Earth they were on with the suburbs populated by cows and pigs I assume.  I recognize a couple of characters that look like they may be villains but can't place them.

Is there any information on what the set up is for this? (Other than being the Gunn take on Search For Spock?)

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Is there any information on what the set up is for this? (Other than being the Gunn take on Search For Spock?)

Spoiler

Apparently the guy who made rocket created a second earth populated by uplifted animals.

Not really a spoiler it's all more or less there in the trailer.

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So can anyone tell me what I'm looking at here?  Why are they wearing uniforms?  That wasn't Earth they were on with the suburbs populated by cows and pigs I assume.  I recognize a couple of characters that look like they may be villains but can't place them.

Not a ton. We know Warlock is going to be in it (and we see him briefly in the trailer) and there are rumors of the High Evolutionary being a focus - partially because of the focus on Rocket (and now the OMG OTTER) and partially because he's a big villain elsewhere. That'd also make sense as far as the weird animal dudes we see. 

12 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Not a ton. We know Warlock is going to be in it (and we see him briefly in the trailer) and there are rumors of the High Evolutionary being a focus - partially because of the focus on Rocket (and now the OMG OTTER) and partially because he's a big villain elsewhere. That'd also make sense as far as the weird animal dudes we see. 

High Evolutionary is high concept. That could be a hell of a way to go.  

3 minutes ago, JGP said:

High Evolutionary is high concept. That could be a hell of a way to go.  

Apparently that's confirmed that he'll be in it and he's in the trailer too. So yeah, that's that. My guess is that we'll be seeing Rocket coming home and trying to solve that, while we also see Warlock being used as the revenge for the previous movie's story and then having him integrate into things.

Which is a bit weird since most of Warlock's story is intrinsically linked to the Infinity stones and Thanos and we're all done with that, but maybe it'll work.

So Warlock is going to be a throwaway at the front end...or possibly an antagonist for Gamora, as she doesn't seem to have much to do with the main story at the moment...? But otherwise, his presence feels like a set up that was done and then they decided to go in another direction...

Gamora couldn’t handle Warlock. The Perfect Being or whatever Warlock is, he may be antithetical to the goals of the High Evolutionary or aligned. 

I wonder if there’s a story G3 is pulling on. 

Since I accidently put this in the Indiana Jones thread... I'll copy it over here finally.

We don't expect this to continue the Celestials storyline?  Feels like GotG is the logical place to pick that up.

Archived