Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

Moving on back to news and rumours.

Latest rumour we have a winner in the upcoming Bellingham race for the summer. Real will rumoredly fork over 115m € to add to their young midfild collection.

Would be kinda insane since they already have Camavinga and Tchouameni, but it's Real.

Didn't get to watch our game but both our goals tonight were luverly. Rashford's on fire and while I'm not complaining on our account I don't understand why Southgate's response to his performance vs Wales was to drop him for the next two games, including only bringing him on for five minutes against France. 

But hey, helps us.

8 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Say what you will, they are more civilized than certain Newcastle fans.

Idk about that. Philly fans are considered the worst among US sports fans. They still get shit for attacking Santa.

As long as those of us who can remember rumors of reports of it live, Filthydelphia will never live down attacking Santa with snowballs, or any of the other ranged attacks on competitors with a barrage of hurled batteries.

Sadly for those of us who love urban legends, there was no assault with batteries, if you will, on Old Saint Nick.

Either way, don't bring it up in Philly.

12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

At least they are not horse punching barbarians.

My mom loves to tell the story of when she got thrown off a horse and then punched it in the face. Not sure what to say to you there buddy. 

ETA: In her defense, she was a kid. 

Is this the first time a World Cup winner doesn't immediately jump to the #1 spot in the FIFA rankings? I didn't think these rankings can become even more of a joke. https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/4835050/brazil-still-ranked-as-fifas-no-1-despite-argentina-winning-the-world-cup

Brazil #1, Argentina #2. Belgium still in the top 5, lol.

Ok, the most urgent question in World Football has been solved.

Habemus headcoach. And it's a kid.

After dismissing Schulle (two threads ago, I think), we have been linked to a number of names. Kohfeldt was the most prominent one. Instead of going for an external solution we promoted one of Schulle's assistants, Fabian Hürzeler. Hürzeler is merely 29 years old, this is obviously the first time he is in charge of a club, and I feel old. 

48 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Is this the end of an era at Liverpool?

Simon Hughes
Dec 22, 2022

Could someone summarise the main points from this article? It's behind a paywall.thanks.

Hum, no it's not paywalled.

In any case, I am willing to spam your inbox.

43 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Is this the end of an era at Liverpool?

Simon Hughes
Dec 22, 2022

Could someone summarise the main points from this article? It's behind a paywall.thanks.

Essentially, it posits that Liverpool's best times came when Klopp was balanced by Mike Gordon, Julian Ward, and Michael Edwards, but with Edwards gone, Ward promoted into his spot but now leaving, and Gordon having announced his intent to resign, the balance may be gone and Klopp might end up with too much responsibility to handle. 

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hum, no it's not paywalled.

Hum, yes it is paywalled.

Archived