Daenerys Targaryen is a better leader than Jon Snow.

8 minutes ago, Kierria said:

There is a telepathic connection between her and her dragons.  Drogon in particular senses her feelings and worries. 

Funny, but we are in her head in her chapters and she never mentions it.    weird

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 5:15 PM, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

It depends on which one you like better . Dany is a political leader , while Jon is a military commander .Both made good and bad choices, and both are dealing with unruly subjects .

Jon'a mistakes were much worse.  He misused his authority and used it to kill his father's political enemy. I am talking here about Jon and Janos.  Jon behaved unprofessionally and unethically when he killed Janos.  Jon again abused his position and sent a sworn man of the watch to commit an illegal extraction mission just for the sake of his sister.  It was breaking the laws to send Mance Rayder and his Wildlings to fetch Arya.  Jon earned the pointy end of Bowen's dagger.

Dany's mistakes are not nearly as bad and definitely correctable.  She was too easy on the Meerenese slave masters and let them keep their wealth.  The head of every slave-owning family should have been executed for their lifetime of crime.  I can understand why she wanted to spare their lives and give them a chance to accept a life without slavery.  Now the hardliners among them have proven they won't accept.  It is high time to bring them to justice and give them a proper execution.  Dany is indeed a much better leader and governor than Jon.  Jon can't handle an institution that was basically given to him by Mormont and the buffoon, Samwell, then he is absolutely not competent enough to govern anything bigger than a handful of guys. 

3 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Jon again abused his position and sent a sworn man of the watch to commit an illegal extraction mission just for the sake of his sister.

"Still," Slynt said, "I will not have it said that Janos Slynt hanged a man unjustly. I will not. I have decided to give you one last chance to prove you are as loyal as you claim, Lord Snow. One last chance to do your duty, yes!" He stood. "Mance Rayder wants to parley with us. He knows he has no chance now that Janos Slynt has come, so he wants to talk, this King-beyond-the-Wall. But the man is craven, and will not come to us. No doubt he knows I'd hang him. Hang him by his feet from the top of the Wall, on a rope two hundred feet long! But he will not come. He asks that we send an envoy to him."

"We're not sending you to talk with Mance Rayder," Ser Alliser said. "We're sending you to kill him."

Let's just say Janos abused his position and sent a sworn man of the watch to commit an assassination under an invitation of parley just for the sake of his abused pride. 

Because going on would just make it clearer that Janos Slynt deserved to die, really, and I prefer not to pick fights.

1 hour ago, SaffronLady said:

Let's just say Janos abused his position and sent a sworn man of the watch to commit an assassination under an invitation of parley just for the sake of his abused pride. 

Because going on would just make it clearer that Janos Slynt deserved to die, really, and I prefer not to pick fights.

If anyone had earned a hanging, it was Janos Slynt.  Death by the sword was more than he deserved.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:50 AM, SeanF said:

If anyone had earned a hanging, it was Janos Slynt.  Death by the sword was more than he deserved.

He did not.  Any crime he was guilty of in the past was forgiven because he joined the nights' watch.  They live by that rule.  Westeros recognizes and respects that rule.  Nothing Janos did after taking black deserved what Jon did to him.  On the other hand, Jon deserved the stabbing he got. 

1 hour ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

He did not.  Any crime he was guilty of in the past was forgiven because he joined the nights' watch.  They live by that rule.  Westeros recognizes and respects that rule.  Nothing Janos did after taking black deserved what Jon did to him.  On the other hand, Jon deserved the stabbing he got. 

Ordering a man to murder Mance Rayder, under flag of truce, upon pain of his own execution?  That’s a violation of every military code.

Wilful refusal to carry out a lawful order,  in the face of the enemy, given to him by his commanding officer?  Death is the only penalty for such an act.

Do these people get paid to promote their bad opinions? Regardless, their confidence in their bad takes is making me want to break out into horrible rap song.

The Tullys are mad

Jon Snow is bad

Ned Stark's a cad

But Craster is rad

And maybe I could add something about Ramsay being a total Chad. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

There are readers who admire sociopaths.

Sociopaths? You should call them "hard men making hard choices".

When it comes to Daenerys (or Jon Snow or Arya for Stark haters) making ruthless decisions and unleashing her dragons and the Dothraki on Westeros, she suddenly becomes a mad Queen needed to put down though.

Edited by csuszka1948

3 hours ago, csuszka1948 said:

Sociopaths? You should call them "hard men making hard choices".

When it comes to Daenerys (or Jon Snow or Arya for Stark haters) making ruthless decisions and unleashing her dragons and the Dothraki on Westeros, she suddenly becomes a mad Queen needed to put down though.

It will be Mad Arya Stark who will be put down in the end.  Arya has lost her sanity as well as her morality.  But let's get back to the main question.  Dany is unquestionably a superior leader over Jon.  Jon sucked so bad at his job that even a mild mannered accountant like Bowen Marsh had to summon the courage to put Jon down like a rabid dog. 

4 hours ago, Roswell said:

Jon sucked so bad at his job that even a mild mannered accountant like Bowen Marsh had to summon the courage to put Jon down like a rabid dog. 

These include making a baseborn lad, Satin, the Lord Commander's new steward, appointing the wildling Leathers as the new master-at-arms at Castle Black, and allowing wildlings to join the Watch and diminish the food supply.

Yes yes yes, obviously we see Jon being bad at his job, just like Dany sucked at her job by making slaves a part of her power.