Tully Madness

Sydney Mae

On 1/16/2023 at 8:47 AM, Sydney Mae said:

The Tully sisters went mad.  Catelyn Tully-Stark and Lysa Tully-Arryn were showing signs of madness and emotional fragility.  Lysa had it from her youth to her death.  Catelyn lost it at the wedding.  She cut Aegon Frey's throat and killed him.  Catelyn went mad that minute.  There is insanity in the Tully blood.  Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon are half Tully.  Cat's brood inherited the gene predisposing them to insanity.  I know stress can trigger the disease.   

Grief and depression made Lysa insane. Watching her father die did something similar to Arya.  She's a very dangerous wounded wolf for the rest of her story.  George likes broken people though.  He might give Arya a quick death after she kills Walder and his sons. 

The Freys will get through this wounded wolf-assassin child. The Lord of the Crossing produced his big family through many marriages and made it extinction proof. Arya is a lunatic who will try to kill every Frey but she will not get even half of them. One of the Frey might get lucky and take Arya down. 

The Freys are in danger like every other in Westeros. Not more and not less. But maybe they have family in the free cities and elsewhere who will survive the Others. 

Edited by The Commentator

Arya is the farthest thing from a hero.  No hero's death for her.  But the people here who like the Starks will find it rewarding when she kills Walder and Lothar.  I just wish that's all she gets to kill.

On 12/18/2023 at 2:53 AM, Mordred said:

Grief and depression made Lysa insane. Watching her father die did something similar to Arya.  She's a very dangerous wounded wolf for the rest of her story.  George likes broken people though.  He might give Arya a quick death after she kills Walder and his sons. 

Arya's sickness has already begun its emotional toll and Jon's death would further erode her fragile grip on sanity.  Sansa has her problems.  She's not smart enough.  What edge she has going for her is her cool temper and that sets her apart from hot heads like Arya and half-brother Jon Snow.   

On 12/28/2023 at 4:27 AM, Farstrider said:

Arya will end up like Catelyn.  Sansa will fall madly in love with a man who will later kill her just like her Aunt Lysa.  I don't think Sansa will live long enough to go fully insane. 

Edited by Here's Looking At You, Kid

Please, speed up your posting of totally inane and laughable ideas that are 100% free of any connections to the text of the novels. Then this blasted thread can reach 20 pages asap and be put to rest. Cheers.

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Please, speed up your posting of totally inane and laughable ideas that are 100% free of any connections to the text of the novels. Then this blasted thread can reach 20 pages asap and be put to rest. Cheers.

How exactly did this get to 17 pages worth? I would've thought that people would've gone insane trying to argue for seventeen damn pages. 

1 minute ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

How exactly did this get to 17 pages worth? I would've thought that people would've gone insane trying to argue for seventeen damn pages. 

I haven’t really followed it but my guess is it’s mostly the usual handful of Stark haters who hate on the Tullys because… Cat married Ned? Who the fuck can tell, really. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

There's no actual argument, though, at least not beyond the first four pages when pretty much everyone except the Stark haters bailed out. Occasionally a normal person, usually one who doesn't know the score, comes in, tries to engage and then quickly realises their error, or someone comes in to express their exasperation that this thing is still here, but most of the thread is just the same group of ten or so posters repeatedly bumping it as soon as it gets to the bottom of the front page, with inane, repetitious comment on how the Tullys (but really the Stark kids) are all evil and/or mad. There isn't actually any discussion or back and forth and it's been going on for almost a year. I've reported it as spam, but the mods seem to disagree.

Tullys are mad and their madness will spread to the fish that is their sigil. When winter comes, people will be forced to eat fish and will start murdering each other. Westerosi will be depopulated without anybody even lifting a finger, and Bran the Night King will forever rule over his kingdom of snowmen.

SEE? I TOO CAN MAKE UP STUPID CRAP!

3 hours ago, Aldarion said:

Tullys are mad and their madness will spread to the fish that is their sigil. When winter comes, people will be forced to eat fish and will start murdering each other. Westerosi will be depopulated without anybody even lifting a finger, and Bran the Night King will forever rule over his kingdom of snowmen.

SEE? I TOO CAN MAKE UP STUPID CRAP!

Your "theory" is much more solid and based on actual stuff from the books than many of the absolutely batshit posts I've read here! 

4 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

No users have been attacked in this thread, then they're largely hands-off with it. We have freedom of character hate speech here on this forum, the mods seem to silently declare.

It's not the character hate speech that bothers me, although it is stupid beyond measure, more that there are multiple of these threads on the go and the front page gets clogged with this garbage.

I thought the mods said they were going to take some action on this about a year ago, but maybe not.

Edited by Alester Florent

32 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

more that there are multiple of these threads on the go and the front page gets clogged with this garbage.

I don't know, maybe you can be more aggressive and mods start deleting entire threads to contain your vitriol.

Edited by SaffronLady
That happened in my case anyway. Only once, though.

I wouldn't necessarily want "conversations" to be locked left and right because of free speech and all that... but some threads are locked for unclear reasons, so I don't understand how this absurd thread still persists.  An alternating rotation of the same few posters bump this thread every few weeks with repetitive "arguments" that they've already made before just to keep the thread alive, and they've shown no interest in engaging with other posters other than high-fiving fellow Dany-worshipping Stark-haters.

I've only seen a couple anti-Dany threads created in the past few years since I've been a lurker and then an official member, and all of those threads were locked almost instantly.  I didn't see anything more inflammatory in those rare threads than the numerous anti-Stark threads.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:45 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Cat going all nuts at her son’s wedding

The disingenuity here is mind-boggling. Like, “it was this totes normal lovely wedding and then the sister of the groom just went nuts and started stabbing everyone”. 
What a fucking joke. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

The disingenuity here is mind-boggling. Like, “it was this totes normal lovely wedding and then the sister of the groom just went nuts and started stabbing everyone”. 
What a fucking joke. 

People are supposed to be calm and collected when they see mass slaughter taking place at a wedding.

On 1/1/2024 at 8:15 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

The real possibility of madness among the members of House Tully and Cat’s kids is a good subject for discussion. Arya’s compromised sanity, Cat going all nuts at her son’s wedding, and Lysa going crazy. 

Her husband is beheaded, one of his daughters is lost and possibly dead, the other one is a captive and married to a Lannister dwarf, his sons are burned (even she couldn't see Bran wake after his fall). What do you expect a mother will do when she sees that her firstborn and only surviving son is hit by three bolts and butchered in a wedding feast when his men are all dying around. Oh will she just stay calm and talk with courtesy like a proper lady?

Imagine anyone else in the series you think has the least of madness in her blood and see if it goes otherwise.